1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Balloons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Blamer, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I know you all like balloons, but I really don't.
    Is there a way to get rid of them? I mean... ok at BCC having 3, 4, 245 balloons, but even balloons on the tracks...

IMHO they brake immersion and to me are so... fake.

Any tips is welcome

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Virginia (VIR) Balloons to low Feb 6, 2017

3. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

Shoot them. Or look at the road instead of the sky.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Balloons? What about the bleedin UFO! That must be a Cat... astorphy for immersion. :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

UFO? Are you sure? Might be a plane, or an helicopter, maybe a cloud or an atmospheric effect with strange shapes, and your mind makes you think it's an UFO. I don't see anything...

TDS and Horus like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

Great post, you could get a job at the UFO debunkers with a reply like that. :D

It was an April fools thing, I expect you already saw it, but just in case.

[​IMG]

P.S. Next time remember 'Pareidolia' for your list. :p

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That was a good one.
    I drove off the road first time I saw it. :eek:
    Speaking of "breaking immersion".

vegaguy 5555, TDS and Horus like this.
  8. LilSki

LilSki Alien

The balloons are simple add-on kn5 files. Look for the kn5 files that are 1,257KB in size and rename them so they will not load. It should not cause any major errors and definitely won't cause a signature mismatch online.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

A UFO is any flying object you cant identify. To some that cant identify the balloons they may also be a UFO. Simply saying UFO doesnt mean alien spaceship it could be a kunos spy drone. ;)

I dont have anything against some flying stuff. It could be mixed up with the odd small plane, helicopter or blimp. With helicopters and blimps likely being more common around race tracks then balloons.

Spinelli and TDS like this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

For me, the balloons degrade the sim, maybe OK for the console crowd, but lose them for PC's.

LATE4APEX

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    mibrandt and Blamer like this.
  11. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Hard to tell what's satire or not lately.

12. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

Simracing is serious business, no time for fun.

Now back on topic, if you want to blow up the balloons from the sky, delete the files 11.kn5 and 12.kn5 in game directory\content\tracks\ks_black_cat_county. These must be the files as they are 1257 KB in size, according to LilSky.

Nekrobob likes this.
  13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Still sticking by my take on the balloons, reminds me of "racing games" going way back, didn't mean to disrespectful to any future console users here, but still think they are more a console type of effect, and is degrading for a sim of this caliber.

Note, they also appear on Nords.

LATE4APEX

14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

???? You guys do know that hot air balloons are real, right?

15. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Quote of the day. Especially if taken out of context. :D :D :D

Cote Dazur, TDS and Horus like this.
  16. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

A lot of things are real, let's put 'em all at the Eau Rouge.
    The fact balloons are real doesn't imply they have to stay in a track and that I have to like them flying around the track.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

PCars Zolder with its giant wind turbines everywhere gave me the hump until I checked a recent track day video online and realized they are actually there now...

Specht77 and Seria17hri11er like this.
  18. phizz

phizz Simracer

I understand when someone doesn't like them but I don't understand why they break immersion. Must be a regional thing, here you really see many of them.
    20140905_184109.jpg

19. some people are born sad

Mascot, Warrior4Jah, Orne and 55 others like this.
  20. Horus

Horus Alien

I don't want to come to any of those 'Humbug party' balloon poppers parties.

P.S. I have seen many races that have Hot air balloon dancing their blasty things by the side of the track, Le Mans usually had them flames a flapping at night. A great visual display.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  21. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

How can u have anything against hot-air balloons?
    I like em. The more the merrier! :D

[​IMG]

Mascot, jc1993, socidios and 12 others like this.