1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Better speed feeling on single screen - quick fix

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by alex72, Apr 27, 2016.

1. alex72

alex72 Alien

This is probably old news to many, but for those that are new or just didnt know then this is a quick fix to get really good speed feeling on a single screen in cockpit view. Really good for those sitting with the monitor right behind your wheel, but it works for everyone. I have been going on a lot about how triple screens add to speed feeling because we see objects that are close swish by on the side screens. However it was when @tabis mentioned this tweak to me that i had to change my driving position in all cars. Since this does the same thing, just on a single screen. :)

As we all know when you are on a single monitor you dont get what triple screen users get - the fast peripheral motion from the side screens. When driving with a single monitor it looks like it goes slower when looking forward, but if you look the sides (look left/right buttons) you see the trees, rails and spectators fly by very fast. The reason it looks slow when looking forward is because the car's hood/body blocks the tarmac that is close to the car, and as a result we only see the tarmac that is futher away which moves slowly. When you see tarmac closer to the car it feels MUCH faster. And so with the pitch tweak you can lower your FOV to see the world in a more realistic size which makes it easier to see brake points, and also get fast speed feeling on top. If you already are on a lower FOV then this will definately help getting better speed feeling.

"Helicorsa" app for extra situational awareness:
    Since we run lower FOV and move the camera forward on a single screen we see less around the car. To remedy that you get the excellent app "Helicorsa" which let you see cars that are close by. Works for AI and in MP. It goes transparent when no cars are around you. Must have for single screeners.
    Link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

The tweak:
    So, the tweak is very simple. Open the "onboard settings" app (move mouse far to the right side of the screen when on the track), then simply click PITCH down to -6/-7 (whatever feels good to you). Click the ARROW buttons on the app to move your position UP so that you have the instruments at the bottom of the screen (see images). Lastly move FORWARD so that the instruments still is visible at the bottom. Check images:

Standard view. Only moved the position forward to have it feel like my wheel sits where it should. 1920x1080 resolution. 46 FOV looking straight forward. Pretty slow speed feeling with this setting.
    image1.jpg

Tweaked view for better speed feeling. Pitch down + raised view (+ moved forward). The yellow field right above the hood is tarmac that was not visible before. That tarmac moves at a much faster speed and give you much better speed feeling.
    image2.jpg

Hope it helps someone. :cool:

Hagen, ooqbar, Alexandr66 and 16 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Slow speed physics is better now! Dec 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Better speed feeling possible? Nov 21, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is the PS5 version better? Jun 20, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC in VR, better Win10 or Win11? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AC was better Acc Apr 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC Tools For those who want better FFB! Sep 25, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Which is better? T-LCM and Simgear loadcell kit Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I have Series X , now is better ACC ? Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Better frame rate since GT4 pack loaded? Sep 18, 2020

3. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Well many thx for this, will check that out tonight, before update 1.5 i had no issues with that "speed" feeling issue on my single monitor, but since 1.5 im struggling even with that....even on fov56

alex72 likes this.
  4. Xtriko

Xtriko Gamer

I'm using a 48" tv with FOV28. You don't have a great sense of speed. But to be honest, I like it this way. Because, in real life, I don't feel that much the speed. A few months ago, when my old man bought his Mercedes, we were not fast and not slow, +/- 220 or 230km, and the sense of speed was surprisingly low. In the past I seeked for sense of speed on simulators, but now that I thought about it, I prefer less confortable but more realistic driving position. But yeah... zero lateral view xD
    For those who are still fighting with your FOV, I recomend this:

http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

fov calculator for several sims :)

Cote Dazur, Horus and Topuz like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

It's all personal preference again isn't it. I have my FoV at 38 on a 25" 21:9 monitor, others like that arcade wild perspective FoV of 60+, still others are more akin to Granny with her chin on the wheel and her nose on the screen 20+ FoV. What about all those other camera views, meh! I prefer in the car, FoV as close to being in the real car, and then proceeding to crash into a barrier trying to avoid hitting anyone else. :D

6. Something tells me that I should do my level best not to respond in this thread....

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I get my sense of speed IRL from sound, 140km/h is deafening compared to anything I would ever run my pc speakers at.

8. TDS

TDS Alien

FOV 50 here on a 46 inch screen 75cm away..... screw realistic view i want the warp speed lol no its not like that, i love to see that gorgeous modeling on virtual cockpits.
    tried right fov many times.. it doesnt look right at all lol i feel sick with it..

Horus likes this.
  9. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

well... I''m using 19" 5:4 monitor and 62 FOV ;) and I put the seat even more backwards so I can see through sidewindow a little bit in most cars ;)

Horus likes this.
  10. Horus

Horus Alien

Has someone farted, or is that BS I can smell. :) :) :)

P.S. Either way you made me laugh. Thanks bud. :D

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I like realistic seating position, this is clearly not

12. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

if i use that and use correct fov , noway i can drive normally, i miss apex, dont see any corners, nada nada nada, and its allready slow on 56 fov so at 33 fov i can better watch pictures of a car :), single screen and fov calculator for me a bad combo:=)

PuffTheMagicBelgian and dESK0 like this.
  13. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I like to match the size of the virtual wheel with my wheel. If those match then I feel comfortable.

So I keep mine at 39 FOV.

If anyone racing with two monitors, can you PM me?

Xtriko likes this.
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

VR will give us a realistic seating position and 1:1 FOV.
    At least I think so. Or do we have to fiddle around with FOV and seating position in a Rift too?

15. alex72

alex72 Alien

For me it is. ;) Makes the instruments at almost 1:1 size and correct distance from my wheel. It all depends on how far the wheel is form the screen.

Some people seem a bit butthurt for some reason. :confused: This was a suggestion for those that think it feels slow but dont want to go crazy FOV, since that makes it harder to see due to the road being narrow. If it feels great to you - move on and be happy. Im not forcing anyone to do anything. ;)

Whitestar, esox71 and liakjim like this.
  16. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

There is a button to re-center the view on the rift, some cars / games seem perfect without touching it, others need adjusting.... you basically just move (your head) in the opposite direction to where you want to go, then press the button to re-center your view, then when you move back, you are in the right position.

I also don't think it's the car/game - The headset distance to the rift sensor isn't always exactly the same every time you play, so I think that also throws it off, plus if you re-center it for other games etc.

17. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I fail to see why it's not realistic? Some people are taller than others and will be looking down on the road like this?

It's not like the view has been moved excessively out of the car or anything

18. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I don't sit in my car with my head level with horizon I pitch it down a bit to see both road and instrents so I think is realistic

Xtriko likes this.
  19. esox71

esox71 Alien

If I go too low with my FOV the FFB seems weird?

Rift Racer likes this.
  20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Why not correct FOV and seat moved back?

21. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Being tall is horrible if you are in to the cars, I am 6,5', I don't want to bee tall in a Sim:confused: I want to feel small like a racing driver:D