1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Big gap between difficulties?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Bibbles, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Im really finding it hard to get my difficulty right , had a couple of days off work so with the wife and kids out I put a bit of time in onnthe career.

Ive been playing on med but found Im winning to easy so I popped it up to hard and then found I was getting my arse handed to me , when I checked I found the AI on hard were like 8-10 seconds a lap faster than those on med, now thats a massive leap .
    Im about 2-3 seconds a lap faster than the med AI but 5 plus seconds a lap behind the hard AIs now after a few laps that adds up.

Why such a huge leap between difficulties ? I would expect them to improve by a couple of seconds between levels but not 8 plus.

There is no way im going to improve my laps by 8-10 seconds per lap so atvthe moment Im left with a choice I either race outnin front on my own ( boring ) or I get left behind.

Only seems to be this way in career which is strange, been doing a bit in free race and hard seems perfect. Odd.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions the biggest crash noobs !!! May 3, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International's Suzuka Big Grid 90 6hr Endurance 28/5/2022 Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International 'Big Grid 9hr Endurance Spa' 82 teams 19th Feb 2022 Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB ACC Big Grid Monza 8/12/21 Aug 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game ruining bug: Big difference between HUD lap time and speed on track Aug 26, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Senna Tribute Race #Biggrid Apr 23, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room SimRacing Latinoamerica - Champ big grid - System Ballast - Free Mar 2, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Big probleme (very disturbing) Dec 6, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't load SPA with maximum cars [potentially weak CPU for such big grid] Nov 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Ferrari 488 GT3. Big problem in race. Oct 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Needs a big update Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer High CPU Usage with BIG (40+) MP Grids May 30, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [Finished] Mythiq.net 3 Hours of Spa [Big Grid] May 26, 2020

3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

No body else noticed this ?
    Ive just done two x-bow races on Imola and the different between med and hard was 7 seconds a lap .

Im finding medium too easy and hard seriously out of my league, why such a massive difference between lap times in one step difficulties? Kudos ?

GTMonkey likes this.
  4. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I've not played any career yet but I'm really starting to notice the old 'one car is way faster than the rest of the pack' AI thing which I hadn't really noticed before the patch.

In terms of AI speed, I was racing 5 laps round Monza in the 458 GT2 against same class opponents and on Medium I ran some 1:49/1:50s and won with the AI doing 1:52-1:54s. Then I did the same race on Hard, managed some 1:50s again but couldn't catch the damn Lambo in 1st place. The AI pulled in 1:50-1:52s. I was happy with their general pace relative to me, but that Lambo was pulling away from me and all the cars behind me were a long way back.

5. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Yeah id expect a 2 second gap between difficulties but on some tracks it goes up to around 10 seconds , I've also had it where 1 AI seems to be in a higher class than the rest . Something definitely wrong with the AI in relation to difficulties on certain tracks.

6. Stoney269

Stoney269 Rookie

Yeah i have the same issue here only then between easy and medium..... I thought to be a bit better as I'm playing Forza on experienced, I know that's totally different but still lol.
    Oh well, I just have to improve... At first I didnt even win on easy lol

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If we only had the strength slider like in PC...

8. sirio994

sirio994 Gamer

We really need that slider. Often devs don't realize how much it's important.

A real gamechanger if you are between two levels...