1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Buggy XB1 AC Made Me Go PC!!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by BiggNasty187, Feb 22, 2017.

1. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

Getting blasted by the self righteous for wanting simple things, like being able to save a tune, and using an ANALOG SUPER CAR online, have pushed me over the top. As much as I bleed green, I can only take so much.

I have all parts except for the video card, I'm waiting a few more weeks for the 1080ti do drop so I can cop dat gtx1080 for maybe 100 bucks less :-(

So far, I've got this fresh build up and running.

Intel 7700k cpu @ 4.9ghz 1.38 volts, NZXT Kraken X62 water cooler, **MSI GTX 1080** (coming soon), 16GB Tridentz rgb DDR4 ram, Asrock z270 Fatal1ty K6 motherboard, EVGA 750w power supply, NZXT s340 Elite black/red ATX case, and a cheap 1TB 7200rpm HDD!!!

All the eye candy is being pumped to my 2012 Vizio E601i-a3 60inch with a custom 1920x1080p resolution with a ***REAL/ACTUAL*** 120Hz refresh rate (very rare), going from display port to HDMI adapter. This is only possible with ToastyX custom resolution utility.

I'm using a borrowed gtx 1050 from my coworker because now I'm too broke to buy gas, food, or pay rent!!!

Needless to say, I cant even afford Assetto on steam right now. The choice was, buy Windows 10 or AC with no O/S to run it on. AKA, NOW I'M BROKE!!!

So, thanks guys for hearing me out, dealing with my ranting, and being upset (as I should be) over the XB1 version of AC. It will all be just a bad dream soon!

I wish it didnt have to come to this. But I guess Kunos wins again by getting double payment out of me. Maybe that was the plan all along?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    schmron, AvGas, MBK72 and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game is so buggy. Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Gameplay something buggy with the lap stats Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career mide is super buggy Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Buggy UI in settings Mar 22, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mousesteering buggy since Update May 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room In light of the recent buggy Nvidia drivers Nov 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Car models are buggy since latest update Oct 27, 2016
    3D car models Class 1 Unlimited Buggy (Beta 0.2.1 - 28/05/2016) Feb 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Rage buggy Sep 27, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Buggy shadows when the sun is behind me. Mar 20, 2015
    3D car models Pikes peak buggy + track racing version Feb 2, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Possible exploit, issues, buggyness and an opinion May 9, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues GUI - Included apps seems to be buggy. Apr 12, 2014
    3D car models WIP/Finished: Reliant Scimitar, Sand Buggy & Mitsubishi L300 Apr 7, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Profile app in options menu very slow and buggy Dec 22, 2013

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

The struggle is real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

"I'm using a borrowed gtx 1050 from my coworker because now I'm too broke to buy gas, food, or pay rent!!!

Needless to say, I cant even afford Assetto on steam right now, LOL."

j/k right?

It's great, but it's just a game. Life comes first.

(I'm going to pretend this is a troll post. (We're still on the meme timeline, so I guess anything is possible...))

jonnyboy_99 and Horus like this.
  5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

My man, PC platform is Microsoft, the same people who make your XBone. It's literally the same family. Maybe knowing that fact would probably lower your "green blood" pressure and make the transition less painful. I don't know for the love of Jeebus why you'd go for such an overkill rig if you are that heavily strapped for cash, given that you seem to be aiming at a piddly 1080p high refresh rate gaming... kinda retarded decision if you ask me and you blaming AC directly/indirectly for your bad hardware purchase decisions affecting your living situation is well beyond retarded. Would have gotten so much more value out of it with a i5 7600k and a 1070 as that'd be more than enough power for your use case scenario. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MINDZID, Horus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  6. magzire

magzire Alien

Trust me and you'll thank me later, buy a SSD for OS. 128gb are really cheap now. A 500gb will do for OS and AC.

DO IT!!

7. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

I wanted a PC for a long time, and yes I'm joking, but I really am broke as hell with dropping all that cash on my system.

I got a decent job now, and this rig is really meant for VR this Xmas.

With the drop of scorpio eminent, Microsoft is tantalizingly close to dropping the 200$ VR kits with scorpio and windows 10 creators update. They have the inside out sensing/tracking technology, which is why i'm going to get scorpio vr and have my backup system because we all know Assetto Corsa still wont run as good as on the pc.

8. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

Oh and one more thing. For the guy who said this is overkill, I plan on running the most crushing graphics mods possible while trying to keep 100+fps (will settle for 60+fps)

Truth be told, I really have no idea how much power I will need to do this, but I figured go big, or go home.

I'm going to need a lot of eye candy to take back all of the soul crushing disappointment that I have experience with the Xbox One version of assetto Corsa.

9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Your be able to jump into console forums and belittle us about how good a/c is and Kunos will sort it. Lol

Redxbcoupe, MBK72 and BiggNasty187 like this.
  10. BiggNasty187

BiggNasty187 Gamer

When I was in the Air Force as an enlisted aviator, we would never really officially show any of the new officers much more respect than the rank they had required.

But the the guys that transitioned from being enlisted to officer (E to O), got massive amounts of respect from every enlisted because they acted like they knew where they came from. They just went about things a bit differently, and got crazy respect for it.

So I say to you, I will never forget where I came from. I will never disrepect the foundation of gamers that are the console backbone of the gaming world. In fact, I may just try to take on the seemingly impossible task of "bridging the divide" between the so-called "elite" pc guys, and we the console grunts!!!

MBK72 and ppbucko like this.
  11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Made the same move myself a month ago.....you won't regret it

L2D_Gopher likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Welcome aboard!

13. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Deleted.

14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the PC and console players club, even if I was once one those new officers you refer to ;):)

Good luck with the bridging work. I think you'll love AC on PC, it is amazing especially in VR. On the other hand, the comparison will probably increase your frustration with the still unfinished console game.

15. schmron

schmron Racer

In the same second i read the news about console release, i knew that this version of the game would be crap (for the first months)... and it becomes true :)
    Welcome to the bright side of Assetto Corsa :D

16. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Some of us either don't want to jump to PC as its a pain updating drivers/GFX cards every 6 months or so just to stay in touch with everything, or we havn't got the cash to splash out on expensive rigs as we have families etc etc. Therefore, whilst I am pleased you are now going to love AC even more, bear in mind we are not all going to jump ship and all the negative unconstructive comments that people make about the console version will just make Kunos not want to develop it in the future.

I myself am pleased with what they have delivered and hopefully, eventually console will be up there with the PC version as there is no reason why it cannot be. They just need to spend some more time focusing on the Console bugs and missing features. I am willing to give them the chance as this is the best we have on console at the moment and I am not ready to drop a fortune on a rig that will be out of date within a few months!

Granted I am not on the XBONE version so cannot comment on the state its in, but the PS4 version still has a lot of bugs missing elements but I am still loving it, the driving is unmatched on console and we lowly console crowd deserve a decent 'SIM' as well!

17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think the next game update will be the deciding factor on this game on console. The private lobbies and whatever that consists of. On Xbox we need some polish added to the game, fix the annoying bugs, can't delete a setup, can't overwrite a setup, these worked before, but we couldn't save a setup for the first 6 months, now that's mended the other 2 are broke. Thiese updates that break as many things as they fix have got to stop. Frame rate also not good. Where's the developement to improve the game, instead of just shipping paid dlc. I'm happy to wait to next update but if that's below standard, that's me finished.

MBK72 likes this.
  18. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

Cool beans. I'm getting too old for the internet!

This game is beautiful maxed out on PC. (I only played it @1080p, but I'm sure it's just as great in 4k or VR.) I too am patiently waiting on the Scorpio, but those full motion simulators are tempting. Hopefully someones makes a UWP app so they can work on the Xbox. I'd hate to have to re-join the PC masterrace; it can be tiring at times.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you honestly believe yourself that a pc rig get outdated within 6 months or even a year? Installing new drivers takes about 2 minutes and you press ~2 buttons with your mouse. "Damn it! I hate that I can upgrade my rig with a better graphics card to get better graphics if I want" ;) Do you think that console hardware get more powerful every 6 months because they are an all in all package?

You also make it sound like console gamers have families while pc gamers do not, lol. Of course its about different priorites but pc gaming isnt as expensive as you might think if you think you need to buy new gpus very often.

LeDude83 and RoccoTTS like this.
  20. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

I used to own a gaming rig a few years ago and yes as new games push the graphical envelope your machine does fall behind pretty quickly and if you want all the bells and whistles graphically (and who doesnt) you need to upgrade.

The point of a console is that you know for the life of that unit any game 'should' be developed with that specific hardware in mind and therefore should still look good and also run at a decent frame rate.

I have 5 young kids and the PS4 is my only outlet at the moment. Yes, its about priorities and I don't have ANY spare cash to fork out for a gaming machine and don't see why I should have to. My argument is if you port a game from PC to console then make it the same game with all the features/content. If you are touting it as a sim with excellent physics at least give us sim settings/options so we can enjoy the same 'quality' product as on PC just with less eye candy.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Agree. I have a 6 or 7 year old CPU and mainboard+RAM. Swapping GPUs more often than my underwear is a bad habit of mine - but you can keep a ~300 € GPU for about 4 years or even more if you're willing to accept some less GFX candy. Running a gaming rig and keeping it updated is not too much of a hassle.

The times of consoles being sure bets on good visuals + performance (over PCs) over years are gone - the last generation of those were the PS3 and XBox 360. Just look at how people are craving for a little boost, throwing money at PS One Pros.
    I also think that current gen consoles have picked up almost all the annoying bits from PC: unfinished game releases, sytem crashes, update frenzy. It's not plug & play, anymore.

Like I said: not happening. Those times are gone.

Tomcul, RoccoTTS and @P73 like this.