1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Bugs & errors found on PS4

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Cilo65tre, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Cilo65tre

Cilo65tre Rookie

I'm playing AC on PS4 since few months and, despite I was so happy to start playing this game, I found out many bugs/errors/topics
    I’m playing with joystick and the following are just remarks coming from my personal experience and expectations

- The AI difficulty is not properly modelled (even after patch 1.12 download). I have played other racing sims on console (GT, Forza, Project Cars etc) and I honestly think myself as an average gamer on joypad. I played almost 60% of this game in easy/medium settings, considering that I had enjoyed the most Forza 4 with difficult settings, this is quite frustrating to me…

- Moreover, AI difficult is not fairly balanced. In carrer mode, car in front of you will never loose time or make any kind of errors, while on the other hand, cars in the back are so “shy” to attempt an overtake…feels like I’m gonna race alone…

- Lastly AI can be improved a lot. After race start cars brakes in the full-throttle straight road, cars brake after complete corner and (for example in Monza circuit) in the arrival line in case of two or more cars chasing

- Career mode is heavily boring. I’ve completed 60% of the game, career can be resumed with the following statement: 6 (six!) tracks and 10 (ten!!) cars. No possibility to choose the car, No way to skip championship, No races variety

- Suggested trajectory: it is simply wrong, no other words to describe it…suggestion made you brake lot in advance compared to track, I used it only in one race and then I started familiarized with the track, but c’mon…do something and do it fine, otherwise don’t do it!

- Crashes are badly modelled. I saw flying cars, my car disappears under the asphalt, cars spinning in various and random ways…

- Oil effect. Corners and escape lane seems covered with oil, car begins to oversteering in a very unpredictable and unpleasant way

- Diesel-effect on high performance car. Cars acceleration sometimes seems sleepy…bad feeling given to the player of a performance car acceleration...

- Overheating of front wheels. Even with rear traction cars, I was not able to overheat rear wheels, but only steering ones, maybe I’ve to practice myself….this is mainly due to proportional steering seetting that, in my opinion, is really difficult to handle properely on joystick....
    This statement is easily observable on front wheels drive cars or SUVs (for example on Maserati Levante)

- Load transfer and high sensible steering. These 2 things combined together with joypad made me try to better scale steering input (failed) and to switch off PS4 at the same time

- Funny bug in career mode, Qualify session with Tatuus FA01 championship, Silverstone track. After few laps I skipped qualify session, my best lap was 2.09.395. At race start I was 10/10 with pole position driver at 2.09.329 Is this a joke????

- Do I really need 12 or more settings on traction control system?? maybe 3 working settings like on, half, off are just fine??

- Pit stop badly modelled…I have to select Start button to access to pit stop and drive at the same time (????) why I can’t just enter in “pit stop mode” simply driving into pit box lane?…Additionally there’re no person/mechanics involved in pit stop (it reminds me Gran turismo 3 on PS2) and either lollypop man is a “ghost”…

- Lot of people commented this issue, but is really frustating...why after each race I have to waste minutes to wait arrival of all the other drivers??

I guess this game has a huge potentials, but actually is designed for steering-wheel players with a lot of time to practice on it. Since I'm not this kind of player I'm gonna sell my AC copy.
    Kunos please try to improve and fix it all, thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 Version FULL WITH ERRORS AND BUGS !!! UNPLAYABLE !!! Feb 25, 2022
    Bug reports 1.14 Bugs and errors report! May 18, 2017
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars little Bugs on 2023 Liveries Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.5 patch Nov 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.4.1 patch Nov 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.2.2 patch Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.1 patch Sep 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.7.10 patch Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Hotlap session crash and bugs Dec 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Various bugs in ACC 1.8 Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Gameplay career mode bugs and issues May 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality VR bugs Mar 29, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Some bugs I found in v1.7.4 Feb 25, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Nordschleife Tourist Bugs Report Feb 19, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bugs/Craphics Feb 14, 2021

3. Dpounder420

Dpounder420 Rookie

The ai should be more difficult then forza. Yes this gane is made to use a wheel. The traction control settings mirror those on the actual race cars... learn a bit about racing before complaining about a racing simulator. Who needs animated pit stops either? Pcars2 has them but i gave up on that game on day one because compared to assetto, it feels like ****.