1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Buying a new wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by CtrldKilla, May 10, 2016.

1. CtrldKilla

CtrldKilla Rookie

Hi Guys,

So I've been using my G27 for a couple of years now but I'm starting to get sick of the lack of rotation strength and the depth of the force feedback. I have upgraded the Pedals to Clubsport V1's and the Shifter to a TH8, this has made everything but the steering feel really good so it's time to update the wheel as well.

What are the best options available at the moment? Obviously if I can just get a wheel without pedals or a shifter that would be ideal as I already have those items, but if the best option is a bundle that'll be alright.

What does everyone recommend?

Cheers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room BUYING: Looking for a wheel May 1, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Buying a physical copy of ACC for PC? Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Competency (TR) goes down after buying DLC???? May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions How can Epic buying out Quixel help ACC? Nov 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Buying the reverb maybe Oct 9, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Looking for some advice on buying equipment Sep 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Buying all DLC as existing owner costs more than Ultimate Edition Jun 26, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Buying Ultimate Edition if you already own the base game Nov 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Buying a new simracing seat Jan 22, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thinking of buying. Some questions. Nov 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room PC2...is it worth buying now? Nov 12, 2017
    Console Lounge 70th Anniversary DLC did not unlocked after buying Oct 31, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Buying models for importing May 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Buying a new computer now or waiting? Apr 4, 2017

3. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

CSW V2

4. CtrldKilla

CtrldKilla Rookie

This may be a little outside my price range, I'll keep it as an option though :)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

6. Gunja

Gunja Alien

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hmm it's gotta be Thrustmaster then, I guess? I'm very happy with the T500RS but the T300 should be better due to the brushless motor.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ah yes...base plus rim - perfect solution right there.

9. Easy

Easy Racer

10. phizz

phizz Simracer

Btw you can get the T300rs complete for 250€ on amazon. All servo base only offers I found were more expensive.

11. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I upgraded from a G27 to a T300RS and was very impressed with the difference in FFB.

It doesn't come with a shifter and comes with utter rubbish pedals that would need to be replaced anyway, unless you want to play Outrun.

PhenOm likes this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

T300rs. Best. Wheel. Ever!
    Trust me, it's so darn good. It takes a bit of time to get used to it, felt really weird in the beginning but now it's such a pleasure to use.

13. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Budget?
    The best wheel out there is an osw solution. ;)
    A direct drive engine with strong feedback and zero lag.

https://www.google.it/webhp?hl=it#hl=it&q=osw wheel

The difference seems to be the same between Gran Turismo and Assetto Corsa. :D
    I'll buy one (along with a 3/4 dof rig probably) , but i'll wait the cyber monday… ;)

If interested, check this out:

SneakyKoufax and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Yes T300 with the alcantara is awesome... But either I'm a unlucky guy or they got some serious quality issues. First it works six weeks then died completely (must have been the built-in power unit) and after repair it was dead again after three weeks (this time there seems something broken inside because the wheel grinds on the base).

Hurts a lot to see an expensive wheel like this on the one hand and on the other hand my still working 40 bucks full plastic Driving Force Pro which was bought over a decade ago. So sometimes I regret not going for Fanatec...

15. Methee

Methee Racer

T500rs First release 25 jan 2011.
    I'm waiting for T700rs (maybe) Brushless motor like T300 but have more strong torque like T500rs.

Anyone know about new wheel from Thrustmaster ?

16. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

T300RS.

I own a G27, but completely stock, so no bias there.. ;)

17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Fanatec has a lot of quality control issues as well from what I've heard.
    Wheel bases being DOA or working for 1 second and then going dead.

Seems like your base is a faulty one. Just contact TM (or the store you got it from) and ask for a brand new one. They shouldn't be too picky about it. Would eventually be cheaper for TM themselves.

18. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Yes I'm really curious what the support will tell me ^^ Sending it back to them for the second time (Germany to France with air cargo) can't be so cheap for them ;)

But I've really expected more durability compared to my old plastic toy wheel. And it's not because of wrong usage like bad air flow (it was mounted on a rig) or to high forces (used the default 75% in the profiler).

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Quality usually comes with quantity. So Logitech has always been pretty good with both ;-) I had issues with the throttle pot...as many other users. I can live with it though because TM knows about this and acts appropriately: sending out replacements with no fuss, allowing users to make simple fixes without voiding warranty etc.

20. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

It looks to me like TM T300 has some quality issues. I am on the second round of returning the wheel base to be fixed. Had a loud buzzing issue which they fixed but not long after I got it back it went dead with some fried electronics smell. It is now back with them, it will be interesting to see if it will be replaced entirely. Well it is not all doom and gloom, the service has been good so far.

Jaye likes this.
  21. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

T500 all the way, went for one after my g29 died after 4 months, was thinking of t300 but read so many horror stories that I went with the tried and true t500. If you get one get the ferrari f1 wheel and do this to it.

Attached Files: