1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Can I navigate PC version menu without a mouse? (PC question, but can't ask PC forums)

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Paavopesusieni, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Hello!

I thought about buying AC for PC, but then I started wondering whether I can navigate trough the menus without mouse control? I have my wheel stand further away from my PC table and can't reach the mouse, thus it is a deal breaker if I can't navigate the menus with a wheel/controller as I don't want to stand up every time I need to use the menus. Maybe PC version can use console menu somehow or there is a mod for it if it is not possible? I couldn't find the answer anywhere so I posted here.

Thank you!

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Cannot navigate menu using dpad or keyboard online. Jun 6, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to navigate GUIs? Apr 27, 2019
    ACC User Interface Unable to navigate setup menu Jan 19, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Cannot navigate main menu Mar 14, 2015
    Suggestions Use the G25 pad to navigate in the GUI Nov 18, 2013
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds differences between versions Feb 25, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX SERIES S VERSION 1.7.2 NOT UPDATED? Dec 6, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Jerky gameplay PS4 version Aug 5, 2023

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You could buy a cheap wireless mouse and just use it on your leg or a book/dinner tray/cheap coffee table or you could probably use a pad to navigate the menu using xpadder (probably quite awkward though.) Maybe content manager supports dpad navigation im not sure. The PC version of AC has some serious advantages over console so hopefully you can figure out a way to overcome your issue. Good luck!

paul_wev likes this.
  4. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

My mouse has a very long cable, yours? (Sounds silly, I know, but I'm serious. Mine's like 3m long...)

5. Well its long, but not long enough :(

Can windows recognize two mice at the same time? I will try that out for now, I might have old wireless mouse laying somewhere at work.

I hope in the future Assetto Corsa will have console like menu in the PC version as an option. It would make everything much less of a hassle and just help a lot with the experience, after all there is menu made for the console already.

aphidgod likes this.
  6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

You know, I've never tried 2 mice in all my years of trying weird stuff on PCs... :p

I know this is the lowest-tech solution possible, and not really an elegant one, but there are also extended male-to-female USB cables you can get if you just need a little bit more range.

AFAIK, though, Kunos said the console UI wasn't coming to PC back when the console version was announced, and that hasn't changed.

7. Torcano

Torcano Alien

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r

^ Best thing ever. Makes your life so much easier in any sim, doesn't matter racing sim or flight sim or anything especially if you have a rig. You can have it handy for chat, navigation and such when needed and chuck it on the floor like I do when not in use. A huge convenience.

And yes, windows recognizes more than one mouse. I got a Logitech G600 plugged in for MMOs and a Proteus for playing FPS games at the same time. Both use different sensitivities, key bindings etc etc with no probs.

Schnipp and aphidgod like this.
  8. Horus

Horus Alien

I can confirm that the Rii i8s+ works flawlessly, we bought one for a media centre PC I made. So we could sit on the couch and watch film/documentaries, it also works with the tablets so a winner all round. There are tablet/phone apps that give you full control of the PC, long time since I have used this method but as they say 'there are many ways to skin a dog'.

9. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I had 2x logitech M185 mice plugged in at the same time, each with their own USB receiver, and they both worked flawlessly.

10. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

On clubsport wheels it is possible to emulate a mouse. You move the cursor with the left thumb joystick, pressing on it is like left click on a mouse.
    This can be configured inside fanatecs driver software.

Schnipp and Fat-Alfie like this.