1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can we do something about the trolls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kez, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Kez

Kez Gamer

If i provide video, server, date & time of these trolls can you (kunos) find their steam account and completely ban them from multiplayer?

I thought this would have already happened by now but its been months and months and its the same people who are doing it and they never seem to get banned. For them the game is all about ruining races, thats there only objective everytime they come online, lets get rid of them?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Devs, please do something about the trolls May 14, 2016
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Am I missing something? (Playing on controller) Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I would like to post something Sep 12, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I doing something wrong? Jun 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Has something changed Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB vs Real Life - Something to Try Jul 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions There is something wrong Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Physics Something is wrong with AUDI Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Something Changed?? Mar 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay something buggy with the lap stats Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer is it possible to do something about starting procedure? Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards something that could irk ACC users... with experience Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Laptimes at Silverstone..something wierd.. Jun 10, 2019

3. Horus

Horus Alien

There is a thread about this already, but I think it only covers those on the AC servers. If you join admin monitored servers you will have a much better time. ALOOG for one has a very active admin and a serious lack of time for wreckers, join a good server and you should be good to go. We all know your pain, there are some very worrisome people online and some really should be banned from the internet not just a racing game server.

4. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Like @Horus says I hear your pain, try and find "admin" active servers (T7R, mine) is another one that myself, and the team are all Admins and we run an active Ban list.

The part you are talking about it actually out of Kunos hands, so to speak. They cannot stop people (that have purchased) their game doing what they want to do online, although the forums is a different scenario. I saw this on LFS for many years, there was actually Wreaking Crew's formed, but I am afraid, it's all down to the server owners / Admins to give these people less places to join.

Fordie

Horus likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

They don't get banned because they are using servers where admins don't monitor and don't blacklist these people. But I'm sure there are numerous servers where those trolls are already banned and prevented from joining.
    Minorating is a good plugin to use on your server where the more trolls hit other people intentionally, they will lower their safety rating until they reach point they can't join the server any more. I think currently this plugin is having some issues but the creator Minolin is already working on an updated version, maybe expected after game update v1.3 is released. But still, unmonitored servers are a problem when trolls find them. Sometimes they can just be bad online drivers and not intentional wreckers. For those, read the section of 'clear racing' from here http://www.minorating.com/Rules

Horus likes this.
  6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

The only problem with Minorating is it can rule our learners and people wanting to gain experience, hence why I don't use it, as I would like to give everybody a chance, and not count people out because they are not online enough, haven't done enough laps etc etc. Blacklist is really the only way to go, imho.

Fordie

7. Horus

Horus Alien

Minorating goes up as well as down. Wreckers will have scores through the roof because they have no intention to drive safe, learners and noob may get a high score but it will not come close to wreckers and intentional asshats. I am not a fan of point based rating systems but Minolin has made a very good show of it and it works well to weed out the total idiots. Still an active admin beats any sort of AI rating system, the human element makes for a far more accurate blacklist.

esox71 and Shaun Clarke like this.
  8. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Wrong Horus, wrong! Wreckers can`t get rating at all as it is only for A and B safety rated ppl.
    Problem is that servers with MR plugin are open to everyone, wreckers included.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

Pretty sure he was talking about contacts when he said scores, not performance rating. It is a strange way of phrasing it (and he might not have realized that the two are separate) but performance rating doesn't make any sense at all with his post.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

You know what I mean, no point splitting hairs, the wreckers will have a low score. Does that help. Come on....

Shaun Clarke likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Talking about safety rating. The performance rating is only for a and b drivers. But wreckers get the W safety rating, and new people N, meaning once a player gets W and the server only allows a, b, c, d, n, then wreckers can't join.

Horus likes this.
  12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Actually, they can do it and there're means to enforce it:
    http://steamcommunity.com/actions/WhatIsGameBan

13. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

They state Cheaters, they are not cheating, they are just causing hassle, disruption, this is not cheating, so therefore the devs can do nothing. If they was exploiting files for their own gain, i.e cheating then yes they can but at the moment, there is nothing Kunos can do, hence why I said, and stand by this, it is down to the server owners / administrators to have an active Black List.

Look at it this way. Your a wild person, you get banned from one Pub, then you moved to the next, you get banned from that pub, and so on and so forth, eventually, you are banned from all pubs.

It's as easy as that.

If people want to and have setup un-administered servers, then that is down to them, but Kunos cannot be held responsible for external people's use or abuse outside of the forum

Fordie

14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

English is not my native language, so I might be wrong here, but I understand the phrase that you quoted as ability to ban any disruptive players, cheaters included.

15. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

@dmitryos disruptive players are not cheaters. Classing somebody as "disruptive" is a very grey area, and very very time consuming, you need proof, evidence, and all that, cheaters are classed as people "changing anything in game to gain an unfair advantage" Although these people are not doing this, they are simply, taking people out, sitting on track in an inappropriate position, corner, not braking for a corner and ruining peoples races, they are not cheating, yes being disruptive but again, this needs to and should come down to a server Administrator to ban them.

I think Kunos has enough to do, satisfying our passion for online racing than banning some trolls through steam?

16. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

From the title, I thought you were referring to the egregious forum trolls that go off topic at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

Turns out, Im quite disappointed you were actually talking about MP. On that note though, public lobbies gonna public lobby. Every game has poor public MP and plenty of people who either cant keep the car on track, or purposely do some shenanigans.

17. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

These people should not be tared with the same brush, they might want to learn, and sometimes the best way of learning is mixing it with people online, sorry but mixing it with the AI, you will learn nothing. You might learn driving lines, but the AI are so unpredictable of every track, you need to race a human to understand a human. The AI brake at the same point, they take the corner at the same angle.

A human can teach a computer (AI) but an AI can never teach a human, matter of fact, AI can only give guidance

You can tell wreakers from learners within one easy lap

Fordie

18. SomeLankyGuy

SomeLankyGuy Racer

I run a server which I spend a lot of time on, it's normally a ghost town so I don't have much of a problem with wreckers, but I still want it fairly 'troll proof'

I've noticed in the server config files there are options to adjust how long a vote takes, what percentage of votes are required to kick somebody etc.. I'm sure using these features we could make it, say, EXTREMELY strict.. 5 seconds vote, only requires 10% of votes to pass. That way if you vote to kick somebody, there is a good chance they will be kicked, regardless of others peoples vote.

Obviously this is a double edged sword as it allows good racers to be kicked just as easy, but my time on public wreckers has told me wreckers are a much bigger problem than lap time envy.

I believe there is an option to automatically add players who have been kicked to the black list, could somebody confirm?

I'll spend some time looking at my own setup during the night and see if there's a configuration that sounds appealing :)

19. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Setting quorum to less than 50% is a recipe for disaster. With 10% a single vote is going to be enough to kick on a unpopulated server. Just another tool for trolls to abuse

Andy-R and SomeLankyGuy like this.
  20. SomeLankyGuy

SomeLankyGuy Racer

Fair point.

I retract my previous statement.

21. timmy

timmy Gamer

Mob rule....
    Problem you have; they have all paid for the game just like you and me..
    If they wish to behave like that, they have the right to.
    Sadly some people get off by hitting other cars.
    Every racing game has the same issue.
    I play iracing a lot, same issues there, even with their system.
    If you do work it out, do not tell anyone.
    Sell your system to the game makers, you will be a rich person...
    And us racers will love you...x