1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car Groupings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chillisteak, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Chillisteak

Chillisteak Rookie

Ok folks I've not spent much time on AC but I'm looking to change that, and despite not wanting to I have just decided to rent out a server (bandwidth not the best at home to run it on my PC)

So I need your advice folks as I'd like to host lobbies where there are a nice variety of cars to choose from but all in the same performance window so say GT3, GT4, Slow Road and Fast Road etc

That is I'm assuming the cars in game are balanced to compete against certain a certain group of cars?
    As I can't see no easy way to identify what cars would be matched to each other (it's probably right in front of me isn't it?)

So I'm mainly interested in race cars, don't really dream of driving a Fiat :)

So lets say GT3 Class
    • McLaren MP4-12C GT3
    • McLaren 650s GT3
    • BMW Z4 GT3
    • Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    • Nissan GT-R GT3
    • Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    • Mercedes AMG GT3 (... - 2015)
    • Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (2015-2016)
    GT2/GTE Cars that play well with GT3
    • Corvette C7.R
    • Ferrari 458 GT2
    • BMW M3 GT2

What other race car groupings are there?

If this topic has been discussed previously please feel free to point me in the right direction, as my quick search didn't find what I was after. :(

But if it hasn't awesome!
    I'll update the lists on this post so people can have some sort of future reference, if people think it's worth having that is?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

GT3 can be mixed with GTE but GTE will be faster in the end due to better tires (wider?) & better aero aiding a lot in the corners.
    So GT3 & GTE can be mixed, it sure as hell makes fun races but do know that GTE(2) cars are faster around a lap.

As far as GT3 cars go, you'll have these:
    - Audi R8 LMS Ultra (2013-2014)
    - BMW Z4 GT3
    - Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    - Mercedes AMG GT3 (... - 2015)
    - Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (2015-2016)
    - McLaren MP4-12C GT3
    - McLaren 650s GT3
    - Nissan GTR GT3
    GT3 cars coming in the future (soon™):
    - Audi R8 LMS (2015-2016)
    - Ford GT GT3
    - Lamborghini Gallardo GT3

**Both Scuderia Glickenhaus cars (SCG P4/5 Competizione & SCG003) can somewhat be compared to GT3 but they're slightly slower.**

GT2/GTE cars currently in game:
    - Corvette C7.R
    - Ferrari 458 GT2
    - BMW M3 GT2

Then you can also throw in the Lotus Evora GTE which is basically a GT4 car, nice to drive but quite a bit slower than those listed above.

Chillisteak likes this.
  4. Chillisteak

Chillisteak Rookie

That's Awesome to know, I don't mind a bit of a difference after all the fastest people don't always end up in the fastest cars.

What about other classes?
    Say GT4 etc I'm sure time playing the game would slowly answer these questions, but hey we are racers we ain't supposed to do things slowly are we?

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

It could be right in front of you but you're probably looking in the wrong place. In the single player mode, when selecting a car, there's - I could be wrong, I'm working from memory here - a "tags" button somewhere that let's you pick things like "gt2", "gt3", "fwd", "rwd", "awd" etc. You get the idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to exist when selecting cars for multiplayer mode (in the server manager that is).

So, fire up a single player session, use the tags feature to select a group of cars, and then... make sure you have a pencil and paper handy? I imagine there's probably also a way to use a script to generate the lists for you but I just mention that in passing in case you're the script writing type.

PS: The tags thing may only be available when selecting opponents for an AI race. I don't remember for sure. I'm not at my gaming PC at the moment.

6. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

The SCG003 is fine against genuine GT3s.

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep, isn`t it build under the same homologization (except that issue with sounding too awesome) ?

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Here is a list I made that shows all the mixed cars combinations that have been run at RaceDepartment's AC club races (mostly road cars):

McLaren F1 GTR vs McLaren P1 @ Silverstone
    Lotus 2-11 vs KTM X-bow @ Vallelunga
    M3E30 vs GT86 vs Mito vs Abarth500S1 @ Zandvoort
    GT86 vs Mito vs Abarth500S1 @ Nurburgring sprint
    GT86 vs Mito vs Abarth500S1 @ Silverstone national
    Mito vs Abarth 500 @ Magione
    Mito vs Alfa GTA vs Mito @ Spa
    Miura vs Abarth500 @ Barcelona Moto
    2-11 vs X-bow @ Norisring
    4C vs M3E92 @ Vallelunga
    599 vs Zonda @ Monza
    4C vs M3E92 vs Exige 240R @ Blackwood Reloaded
    Lotus 49 vs McLaren F1 @ Mugello
    Abarth500 vs Alfa GTA @ Mugello
    C9 vs LaFerrari vs P1 @ Silverstone International
    C9 vs 599 vs Zonda R @ Spa
    F1 GTR vs P1 @ Silverstone
    P1 vs LaFerrari @ Nordschleife
    M3E92 vs Evora S vs Exige 240R @ Vallelunga
    599 vs Zonda R @ Silverstone
    1M vs Evora S @ Vallelunga Club
    Xbow vs 2-11 @ Imola
    Xbow vs 2-11 @ Aosta
    Xbow vs 2-11 @ Mugello
    312T vs Evora GX @ Mugello
    599 vs Zonda @ Gentrack1
    599 vs Zonda @ Blackwood
    599 vs Zonda @ Silverstone International
    599 vs Zonda @ Monza 66
    Formula Abarth vs Evora GTC @ Nordschleife
    599 vs Zonda @ Monza
    1MS3 vs M3E30Drift vs M3E92Drift vs M3E92S1 vs Z4E89Drift vs EliseSCS2 vs EvoraS vs Exige240R vs ExigeScura vs ExigeSRoadster @ Vallelunga Club
    458 vs F40 vs Xbow vs 2-11 vs MP412C @ Mugello
    458 vs M3E30GrA @ Magione
    M3E30Drift vs M3E92S1 vs EvoraSS2 @ Vallelunga
    Exige S Roadster vs Exige Sucra @ Silverstone International
    M3E92Drift(Mouse) vs M3E30Drift(Cat) @ Monza

Supposedly different cars get similar laptimes with these combos (I tried Abarth 500 vs Miura at Catalunya Moto it was great fun)

Strummer and Seria17hri11er like this.