1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car setup - perfect tyre temperatures vs. same tyre pressure on all 4 tyres

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Briklebritt, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

There are two ways to get a perfect tyre setups. Perfect temperatures vs. same psi on all 4 tyres

Mission 1: Try to get all 4 tyres green (perfect temperatures) by lowering psi on blue tyres
    vs.
    Mission 2: Try to reach the same pressure (psi) for all 4 tyres after some rounds when tyres warm up and ignore mission 1, getting all tyres green.

Which way is the one i should prefer to get a good car setup?

ericRacer and Tim Meuris like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes after loading saved car setup Jul 15, 2022
    ACC User Interface car setup screen May 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.7.10 and Car setups from CDA Mar 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyre Set Won't Apply To Car In Setup [User error] Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Zolder car setup Apr 5, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.7.6 setup loading crash car Mar 8, 2021
    ACC User Interface option to have a personal saved setup for a specific car Jan 6, 2021

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Mission 2, get the 4 tire to their optimum pressure.

Tim Meuris and Schnipp like this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

What is the behaviour trait of a cold tyre but one which is up to pressure?

5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I do it by Aris' instructions, drive enough laps to get tyres warm and then adjust pressures to get them into optimal (pressure).

Guidofoc likes this.
  6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Definitely (in AC) go for number 2 (optimal PSI).

This is always achievable and will give you an advantage over default.

On the other hand it is not necessarily possible to get the temps to optimim just by modifying PSI and if you try you are likely to harm your pace more by ending up way off the optimum psi. A tyre at the right temp but way too hard / soft is not really going to benefit you (imho :) ).

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Yes, Aris is showing mission 2 in his video. I think i will go my next races by adjusting pressure in order to get same psi at all 4 tyres after some laps.

Let me ask another question. Did you always try to get nearly the same temperatures on outer|mid|inner part of the tyre? I took care of it since my last races.

As i read, the temperatur on the inner side of the tyre can by affected by too much of "+ toe-in" and the outer side by to much of "- toe-in".
    On the other hand, a more negative "- camber" let increase temperature on the inner side of the tyre and higer "+ camber " increase temp on outer side.
    There should be a max. of 10% temp difference from outside to inside. Is this correct?

8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Personally, I do not bother with the temp really at all. Set PSI to be optimal at race pace, then forget about the tyre temp altogether.

I only adjust camber and toe to change the handling of the car to either fix a perceived problem in the handling or to make it handle more to suit my driving style.

*Not saying this is the "right" way to do it but it works for me in AC.

sissydriver, Schnipp, TDS and 3 others like this.
  9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

^ This, exactly.

Schnipp, LeiF and paul_wev like this.
  10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

^
    ^ Same here.

LeiF and paul_wev like this.
  11. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Camber and toe do not do much for the temp spread anyway.

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Well, #2 but I don't think it's worded accurately. You want to get all 4 tires to their optimum pressure but that won't always be the same pressure for all four tires. I find in AC as long as I have my tire pressures in their optimal range the car feels good and the temps work themselves out, I very rarely even look at my temps anymore.

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Camber affect a lot the laptime, but it's more tied to the suspension & aero setting due to increase of grip that promote more suspension compression. Not related to the tire pressure on optimal.

I usually get around 7~10C degree of difference between the inner & outer temp. If you see low difference of temp (less than 7C), it need tweaking in the ARB & suspension in most cases or simply increase the camber.

If you download setup from skilled players & see that the front pressure is blue while your driving seem about correct, that's how you should drive. Be sure to mash the throttle at or after the apex.

14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Oh ****, not you again...

pctm, Jebus and Andy-R like this.
  15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

If it's incorrect, just tell me. :D

With proof & detail obviously.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I aim for both & mostly get it with a good setup. If not my primary focus is pressure.

demetri likes this.
  17. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Given the abundance of nonsense you already posted before in various setup-related topics the burden of proof should be on you.

Jebus and Coanda like this.
  18. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I was wrong in many of them while @Coanda didn't correct me, nor you either. Usually one crack out, so the user is left with my answer which is funny.

By the way, the video above is on default setup with the PSI adjusted. It's funny how driving like that is much faster than driving smoothly(some racing line were way off).

19. DecoySA

DecoySA Racer

dumb question but how do you not what the optimum PSI for the tyres should be ? are their charts available etc ?

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Go for a green number in the tires app.
    Blue means too low, red is too high.

21. Proody

Proody Racer