1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Career mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by plucka, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

I was wondering the same, if I managed to get gold with the Abarth's Time Attack quite easily it was another story with the (very) short AI race!!
    I got Gold also but it was not really what I can tell a "clean" race :rolleyes: and many many restart before that...

softgrip and Epocx like this.
  2. kjelle

kjelle Racer

So, you bought a racing sim, and want arcadish career mode? I appreciate that the effort needed is on a higher level in AC. It's not impossible to manage the goals, but take some practise, and getting to know the cars and tracks. Which for me is the prupose of Career mode. Continue trying, you might learn something along the way.

f1webberfan likes this.
  3. waxweazle

waxweazle Gamer

I've finished the first two stages (Fiat and Alpha as well es the BMW) of the career events for now and will drive the KTM X-Bow later today.
    Until now I think it's too easy. Struggling a bit with the Abarth 500 race in the first try, but after knowing the car better, it was a walk in the park.

I really hope that the further events don't follow all the same pattern:
    - Time Attack
    - Race from last place into front within <= 4 laps

Maybe somebody who have made more progress in the career could answer that?

4. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

No, because, the career mode is Arcadish IMO :)
    Do you definitely think that a 2 laps race is simulation? I'm not saying that I'm not happy with the game which I juste find amazing but I would imagine a career mode that helps you in getting better not to have a very high step at the bery beginning. I'm not the best hard core simmer but I'm not bad either. I'm just thinking at the many people that want to discover the world of sim racing ;)

Stepy, softgrip and Epocx like this.
  5. Epocx

Epocx Alien

how many hours have you played assetto corsa, and or other racing sims?

6. vhz

vhz Racer

[​IMG]

I think career is without a doubt the most rushed part of the game, at present it's just series of events with a text box to read in between. Difficulty is mainly pretty easy considering time attack is still the same weird Sunday drive that I never understood where you basically just have to drive slow enough the first laps because improving the time is all that matters, not how fast you go. N1 abarth time attack at magione I think had shorter time control than other time attacks for some reason.

The T3 formula tatuus championship AI seems pretty fast driving about 1 second off WR pace, not sure if there's some cheating involved now. Can still win since they're so slow at start, just need to keep them from divebombing. Also had one very weird race where random bunches of AI drivers were driving slowly at random parts of track. At lap 5 when I was about to lap a group of about 6 AI they seemed to get back to driving normally again :rolleyes:.

Daniele Arreghini and Epocx like this.
  7. Eximo

Eximo Simracer

Time attack has never worked properly has it? I dont think Kunos ever informed anyone of what or how this mode is supposed to work which is a shame.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Should be enough for first impressions. Later we maybe can get a better one or one made by modders, including DLC content or even mod-content.

9. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

A couple of things about the career, that might interest you.
    This is of course a taste of it. Later on we will release much more series and as you move on, most of them will be full blown championships.
    The good thing about the career is that we can simulate championships with it. We can also open different seasons at the same time, without the need to force someone to do a boring season if he doesn't wants to do it.

The best thing about the career though is that it is totally moddable. Completely moddable, you can even erase and backup the whole thing and do a completely new career alone, or a championship season, just by editing a couple of text files. Setting your own opponents, cars, tracks, points, seasons...whatever.

We couldn't do a proper career when all the content is already unlocked in Assetto Corsa, but we can tease you gameplay with it and give you championships. Plus you can do your own. We have high hopes it's going to be fantastic for gamers and modders

P.S. about the low number of laps. You'll have to wait until we implement pitstops for the AI, then we can crank the lap count all the way up! ;)

Schuberth, Qwaribo, Lawndart and 50 others like this.
  10. Sguby

Sguby Gamer

You've just make my day!!! :D Thank you

11. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Rookie

Is it only me that found the beginning of career a bit too easy? Ran through the first four challanges last night and got gold on almost all of them.

12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

For the record I think it's a nice touch.
    The fact that I can still pick and choose any track/car for Hotlap, Race and Practice modes means to me it's just a bit of extra fun, like the Special Events.
    The interface looked nice, the progress seems good. And THANK GOD I don't have to put up with video's of some chubby Yank telling me how "AWESOME" everything is. ;)
    A fine addition. Of course there are always going to be complaints (Welcome to Sim Racing tm). But I think the Campaign is a fine addition for AC.

13. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I got gold, but then think about how long we've had AC. It's clearly aimed at newcomers and probably people who've never played a Sim racing game before.
    Be a sod of a move to make the first few races against Alien level AI. :)

Qwaribo, LudoK and Sguby like this.
  14. Naondave

Naondave Racer

T
    This is what I wanted to hear.

Thank you guys.

I live in Japan and we have like 1 server. I'm also using a controller so it's offline for me.

Could someone make a post or stickie to explain how these files are modded or changed?

Keep up the great work guys.

Sguby likes this.
  15. Furies

Furies Rookie

I love it! It made me drive some cars i would normally not drive and i had alot of fun :)

Fat-Alfie and Strummer like this.
  16. I personally loved the career in GTL. It was very simple but involved money, tuning and a bit of grinding to get all the cars and tracks.
    I love that stuff also in a simulation as you will have a deeper connection to the car if you spend time to unlock it. But other than GT you wont have a car without cockpit and lame handling, but the most realistic visual and physic car ever which you need to spend time in in order to drive good.

So how about this: When you create a profile you can choose wether all content is unlocked from start, or if you are limited to the content you unlocked in career mode (like in GTL).
    Sometimes I miss the motivation to drive but goals like new cars and stuff help a lot to keep playing. Also I would be forced to spend more time in other cars on other tracks.
    Even some profile statistics would help motivation, like amount of kilometers driven, fuel consumed, races driven, ...

pigsy and Stepy like this.
  17. spidiG

spidiG Racer

tnx, updating career now, hope it works. now i can use all the skins i downloaded, and bring some names back in to the game, like Senna, Lauda:)

18. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

This means we can already make custom championships?

Sguby likes this.
  19. waxweazle

waxweazle Gamer

Assetto Corsa about 55 hours (says steam statistic), other racing sims: not mentionable.

But I love car games and maybe it depends on the input device. As you can see in my signiture, I use a Fanatec setup.

Maybe it would help, if the user could select a defficulty level before start the career.

20. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

My first real sim is AC. I was not involved with sim forums too much before, only when looking around.

The number of people hating, demanding, being impatient is really staggering. It is like looking at a BF or TDU forum. Give us 1.0 already. 1.0 is out, overhauled most of the game. Not one day can pass and we have people calling lame on something that is clearly not a final feature. 1.0 is clearly not the final version, many things still missing, many things need tweaking, rebalancing or completely redoing. But it is here and I can't believe it is the same game I played the day before yesterday.

Some of you are skilled and it is easy to ace all the events. Some will quit in frustration after the first event because they just don't have the experience or skill to win. Some of you will quit a race for one slip in a turn, some of you will say 5 lap race is endurance and some will say 20 laps is for kids. Seriously though, every individual is different. And that is good. AC is trying to somehow fit the bill for us all. Considering other offerings out there (not jsut sims) I think Kunos did a good job so far and feedback did not go unheard.

Try to appreciate what a small team did so far, and look forward to what more they will bring us in the future. Calling lame and making demands like you own the company is a total lack of respect for everything they have done. Please have a little patience and respect for their work (which you bought really cheap considering current gaming market) and if something is not to your liking there are better ways to express that, surely you know that. Feedback is appreciated. Being a tool is not a good way to get your point across.

TLDR: Do you even human?

Juan Cruz, cerebus23, Jebus and 5 others like this.