1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Center wheel button

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Berniyh, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Since I have my DD wheel now and that one is actually fast enough, I started using a higher lock-to-lock angle, 1180°.
    Now I sometimes had the effect – and noticed that for other players as well – that at the start the wheels are not straight but pointing to the left/right.
    With multi-turn it's easy to miss this if you're not using a center-spring effect (which I'd rather avoid as it's unrealistic in my opinion), which can result in a mess at the start if you don't notice.
    Due to this I always check my tyres at the start now (F5 cam and then onboard again).

My proposal would be that you can map a button or key to a center-spring ffb effect that automatically turns the wheel to the center position. The effect would only be activated as long as the button is pressed.
    The wheel doesn't have to be perfectly centered, it's enough to know that you're not +/- 1 rotation off center.
    You could even do it automatically as soon as the start button is pressed, but I wouldn't like my wheel doing something on its own unless I tell it to.

In both cases I would suggest to only a apply a small force to prevent sudden and severe movements.
    Anything that moves the wheel should be sufficient.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [SOLVED] Adjust steering wheel center Dec 5, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel off center despite properly calibrated Mar 19, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Perennial issue with center-calibrating Fanatec Forza wheel Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB rumble when wheel centered Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting problem centering steering wheel. Jan 10, 2019
    Bug reports Fanatec csl elite PS4 licenced edition-wheel not centered Jun 10, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues CSL Elite Wheel base not centered after "Back to pits" is triggered Apr 17, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel not centering after restart Feb 2, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 917-30 : steering wheel not centered Dec 17, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues RUF Yellowbird rear wheels not centered in arches Nov 14, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech DFGT steering wheel loses the centering (ENG-ITA) Nov 14, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g29 wheel center issue Jul 18, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering wheel moves off center after heavy ffb Sep 6, 2015
    Suggestions Possible to center the steering wheel before each new session ? Aug 13, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel does not recenter when i return to the main menu(or launcher) Jul 16, 2015

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Not exactly what you asked for but theres an app over at RD that shows if your wheel is centered or not. :)

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, that would work, but enabling/disabling that app is even more tedious than jumping out of the car and in again.

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Berniyh likes this.
  6. I did same mistake.
    It may be good that there is alert at race start.

7. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

This happened to me several times when I ended a qualifying session with the wheel not straight (just came to a stop offtrack to hit esc when the session ended or such).
    When the race starts, my car would sway to the side instead of driving straight. Yay, surprise! :D