1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Chassis handling needs to improve.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Wakkamanboy, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wakkamanboy

Wakkamanboy Rookie

Hi guys,

I love assetto corsa and i am looking forward to competizione.
    The first videos of competizione look impressive, but you immediately see the cars chassis is way to "stiff". It looks still like you are kinda racing on rails. I think this is something the devs seriously have to look into.

Look at this video from Nicki Thiim, he actually raced in the Blancpain Gt series and is now an aston martin driver for the FIA world Endurance Championship:

He is not only a professional racing driver but also a simrace enthousiast, he is basically stating that assetto corsa has the better tire model then iracing, but the chassis handling isn't up to par. And i totally agree and from the looks of the videos it didn't really change in competizione. A shame really because it's maybe not that hard to improve this.

What do you guys think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Problème of setup chassis. Jan 9, 2022
    ACC Blog Chassis flex Dec 17, 2019
    ACC Audio Weird chassis sound in replay Oct 27, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Anyone experience pulsing signal navigating menus is ACC? All chassis mode BK's activating when not Sep 3, 2019
    ACC User Interface Changing HUD color based on chassis color? Oct 10, 2018
    ACC Audio ACC 0.1.2 Chassis crashing sound when entering setup screen Sep 21, 2018
    Liveries Sauber Mercedes C9 - Updated UI Info + Chassis Name Apr 8, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Simulating chassis strengthening Oct 12, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Q: is engine torque effect on chassis simulated? Sep 8, 2014
    3D car models Mclaren m23 (1973) v 2.0 and chassis n° 5 (1975) v 1.0 Jul 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room AC Chassis Physics lacking SMOOTHNESS... Apr 24, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Strange chassis sound Nov 30, 2013
    ACC Physics Handling issues after 1.8 update May 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - weird handling after pitstop at paul ricard Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Handling of Yellow Flag Cars Feb 28, 2021

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage. It could be that the physics is there it just hasn't been implemented into the visuals. I think it's really hard to judge based on someone elses opinion of a work in progress.

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I didn't know camera movement was in fact chassis flex.

Easy fix indeed. You can even fix it yourself in AC moving a few sliders.

5. Wakkamanboy

Wakkamanboy Rookie

In assetto corsa, you can't really attack the corners, it's offcourse noticeable in the physics. Its not only the camera movement. Maybe it's true that in competizione they already improved this, but I doubt it based on the videos. You would probably see this by the movement of the car, like in real life.

6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

"Chassis handling" (what?)
    "Driving on rails"
    "Attack the corner"

I have personal definitions for most of those incredibly vague expressions a lot of people seem to enjoy using. Each real life driver probably also has his own definition(even if most of the time they will be incapable of puttting into vehicle dynamics terms what they really mean). Chances are everyone here has his own very unique idea of what that means.

You seem capable of combining these vague terms, videos and come up with an improvement suggestion for ACC. Ok.

But what EXACTLY you would like to be added to chassis dynamics?

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We want WEIGHT TRANSFER. :D

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I want 'Jax' as a driver or own livery:D

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  9. rycil

rycil Simracer

well, for weight transfer to happen, you need to turn off the Antivirus :p

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Dont worry if it's implemented it will be implemented well and the implementation will therefore be implemented

Pulley likes this.
  11. Maurice Jones

Maurice Jones Rookie

I haven't used iRacing, though I do agree that the tire model in AC is better than the others I've tried. On the chassis side, I do hear it hit hard even with a high ride height.

12. This is all very confusing.

sissydriver and stefanoCasillo like this.
  13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

They're more or less the same, some detail feel more realistic, some may feel less realistic. It's mostly about how driving is like and attempted to base that handling and steering on it while glitching on it.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Then it just gets more confusing. :eek:

liakjim and sissydriver like this.
  15. considering who's involved it could have been MUCH worse :p

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thread is open.
    its not the end ..... :cool:

17. chuky

chuky Alien

I think he uses the word chassis globally for the car structure, the suspensions and how the weight of the car is distributed, not chassis as just the frame of the car. In the video he never speaks about suspensions and other parts which are obviously working more than the actual chassis, he mentions specific parts like brakes and tyres but only calls the rest of the car "chassis" that's why he's probably using the term chassis for the overall body of the car. It's a metonymy, a synecdoche. GT3 are very rigid, there's a roll cage and the carbon body increases the rigidity so that the chassis doesn't deform and the suspensions do all the work and they're easier to control.

In the video he says what he likes in Iracing is the track furniture, objects around look like you're on the real track. In the end he says he prefers Iracing despite the tyre physics, so graphics and immersion are important for him. I can't wait for him to try the new Assetto Corsa preview at Spa and hear what he has to say, along with other endurance drivers. Only sprint drivers have tested AC Competizione in Misano and Nicki Thiim is driving in the endurance series. AC Competizione will have what he liked in Iracing, graphics will be better, tracks will have more furniture and physics will be improved thanks to the feedback from drivers and there'll be a ranking or rating system for multiplayer.

18. rycil

rycil Simracer

More seriously and as @Lord Kunos is active on the forum ATM, I am wondering how the chassis flex is impacting the physics? My guess is it can make small variation on the camber of tyres but that should be compensated by the suspension anyway. Or it can bring additional absorption of impact or weight transfer? But maybe it is so tiny that there is no point to try to simulate that part...

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

will there be birdies flying around and dropping there waste on our cars to add more ballast to the chassis?:p

20. that would be arcade.. you also need to consider the effect on lift and drag coming from it.

ctnich, LeiF, bgil66 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.