1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Chassis handling needs to improve.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Wakkamanboy, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

haha:p:D

2. Wakkamanboy

Wakkamanboy Rookie

I guess your reaction on my post is spot on and fair. I don't know sh*t technically about cars, and don't have enough real life racing experience to actually have a good opinion or help the devs for that matter. But i think somebody like Nicki Thiim actually could.

It's just a feeling :p:D. For example in automobilista or rfactor 2, i just have to correct way more in corners, also compared to real life onboard cameras, maybe its because of my ****ty t300 (I will have an osw next week.... will see). Its like i can throw my car more in a corner , but i also have to fight more when taking risks to come fast out of the corner. Its also hard to go fast in assetto corsa but you drive somehow easier smoothly. Almost like floating sometimes. (I know it's still vague :confused:)

But don't get me wrong i absolutely love assetto corsa and think the physics are one of the best. It's the sim i play the most because of great vr support and the most balanced graphics/physics wise. I was just curious what other people's opinion are.

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Seeing or reading about the Pros interacting with the Kunos crew at Misano imo rest assured that if Nicky shows up at the ACC rigs and has any feedback the guys will be taking in everything he has to say and will try as much as possible to translate these "feelings" into physics equations.

4. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The best bet would make a profession sim racer make a random fast lap & attempt to make a professional driver make equivalent lap time or beat it. Obviously the professional driver will fail at some input.

Group up a failed stack of professional drivers data & spot the area that need to be worked on based on the wrong input that the simulator doesn't like & attempt by making all sort of assumption to increase successful result without giving a damn of their opinion.

Driver tend to talk on stuff they aren't doing at all. Input data, although often result the correct answer.

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's hard to understand what you write as usual but you seem that have made an analogy with what you've been through in the last few years and you apparently consider yourself to be one of the "professional drivers" category that would fail in sim racing.

I wish we had more emojis...none of them illustrate how truly messed up this is.

6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Aren't modern race cars pretty rigid (low flex), more relevant to simulate for historic cars? I remember Aris explaining how they had to use some "workaround" (because AC has no chassis flex) to simulate Alfa 33 Stradale, because in that car backend was rigid but front had lot of flex, and thus placing it into a corner was notoriously "imprecise". But how big part does chassis flex have in modern GT3 cars? Every car flexes, but if the amount isn't significant will it be pointless to simulate. To my understanding, chassis flex is something modern car engineers would want to eliminate completely, if they could

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  8. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Which version?If it is Simplicity SW7C,SW10C or SW12C I would be very interested to read your review.:)

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe when race drivers talk about chassis movement/flex they aren’t referring to the actually body flexing as you would think in a normal road car but more the dynamic movement overall of the whole chassis assembly which includes the suspension engine, gearbox and all the associated mounting. The body itself in these cars is extremely rigid and even older race cars with the cages and spot welding wouldn’t really flex at all.

10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Maybe team kunos already did this. Who know...

Basically you throw away every data from the pro driver(with FIA license) that successfully adapt to the sim. Only gather those who truly think it's BS & completely fail at it, based on the current model. That's what I mean by fail stack.

I suppose you understood the concept behind it. I'm convinced there's some nasty gem in it that will reach illumination. o_O

11. You're truly a magical fountain of memes.

Obviously you have to adapt to anything to make a judgment, keyword here is FEELING. If you dont feel what you're doing, or can't quite understand what you're feeling, you wont be able to perform period. That goes for driving, riding, cooking, hockey, etc. Anything really.

That you think any driver who never used a sim before could get in and do alien laps right away whilst missing the biggest part of the feedback they are used to us mind-boggling.

Feeling the car aside, just their perception of the world through a screen screws them up. You have to get used to that.

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

What about the FIA drivers that are alien level at Mario Kart? :D

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@AC Support why don't you lock such nonsense threads?

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Don't spoil the fun

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

sissydriver likes this.
  15. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Let's not go into listing and discussing issues before the game is even released.

morpwr69 and LeDude83 like this.