1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comfortable Gloves

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 27, 2016.

1. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

IMG_3056.JPG I use these. Were something like 10-15 Euro at Decathlon. Are surprisingly comfortable too when you walk through the house as well.

2. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

These gloves (and the helmet)...

They're still in my drawer, will give it another month to be on the safe side :)

grandepunto likes this.
  3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Quick update, may be it helps someone with gloves choice.
    I ended up with 3 different gloves in my possession:
    - Mechanix Wear FastFit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001VNYCY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Comfortable
    Easy to quickly to put on and off, due to elastic cuff, no fastener.
    Moderate grip on suede wheel, not so great on leather
    Some bunching when driving with high force wheels
    Can get sweaty
    upload_2016-11-27_15-58-58.png

- Mechanix Wear Specialty Vent https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013ECM3K0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Lightweight vented version of Mechanix FastFit
    Similar comfort but virtually eliminates palm sweating, feather light.
    Do not have elastic cuff so taking them on and off requires dealing with velcro fastener
    Moderate grip on suede wheel, not so great on leather
    Same bunching problem as FastFit
    upload_2016-11-27_16-1-29.png

- Sparco Arrow K-7 Karting gloves https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWO7E1G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Drastically different fit, they're made of some kind of neoprene that stretches over hand, feels constricted at first but after some break in literally start fitting you like a glove or a second skin.
    No fastener but takes a bit longer to put on due to elastic material and long cuff.
    Because it stretches over hand, there is zero bunching
    Handling feels super precise as there is zero slip on the wheel, suede or leather. Sparco is using some special silicon rubber inserts that just cling to the wheel, you can even relax the grip it still feels glued to the hands.
    Superb with high force wheels, esp in high speed/high G corners, can easily take higher forces w/o extra strain
    Palms can get sweaty after long session
    External stitching
    Comes with the carrying bag. :)

upload_2016-11-27_16-8-6.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Insert Coin likes this.
  4. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

I use my BMX gloves, costs me around 20 EUR and does the job perfectly (preventing me from sweating all over the wheel)

[​IMG]

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

After trying real racing gloves I have come to conclusion that none of the substitutions I've tried to day can do job "perfectly" or at least half as good as purposely designed racing gloves.
    Yes, they will prevent sweating over suede but will never feel "right".
    With something like high powered DD wheel driving in one vs another could be night and day experience.

Surprisingly can't say the same about racing shoes.
    I have tried AlpineStars 1K karting shoes and Oakley Race Mid. None feel as good, light and easy on feet as Puma Drift Cat.

6. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

I know, I also have the Sparco rocket RG-4 which I use in RL Racing (not really racing, more bunch of amateurs driving behind each other on a cheap trackday). But on my g27 it feels all cheap and fake thanks to the wheel,doesn't matter if I wear my sparco's or the king kong's, and the king kong's are the most comfortable and easy to pull on/off.

Perhaps when I finally gonna switch over to Fanatec wheels I might use the Sparco's.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I was getting blisters on the leather seams on my G27, so I spent a few bucks and bought some EVA bike handlebar tape, like this
    [​IMG]
    Wrapped my wheel on it, and now it's perfectly comfortable. Can play for hours without any discomfort whatsoever, with the pro that I don't have to take it on and off every time I play, doesn't bother me when I want to press a button (which happened with gloves), and just stays on my wheel whenever I want to play.
    Would recommend to anyone.

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Just got these babies. Quite impressed, I think I've finally found my perfect sim racing gloves, very light, breathable mesh all around, venting holes in between fingers, superb grip. and very comfortable. Good over hand stretch, quality is impeccable. Wholeheartedly recommend. :)
    https://www.sparcousa.com/product/hypergrip
    [​IMG]

10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Many studies, primarily involving the military, have demonstrated that gradual exposure to frictional forces on the foot (through hikes and marches) decreases the skin’s susceptibility to blisters (Allan 1964; Hodges, DuClos, and Schnitzer 1975; Knapik et al. 1995).

Personally, the smartest way is to play without glove if you play often.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

The purpose of sim racing gloves is hardly to protect hands, although that can be secondary benefit esp. with high torque DD wheels.
    The primarily concern is to protect suede on the wheels and increase grip.

Jebus likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

also some wheels feels better in bigger hands with gloves ... the rim doesn`t feel that thin ... fingerless fitness or cycling gloves with soft leather on palms and perforated back are best imho ... skin can breath, you have better feeling for knobs, buttons, keyboard, food, etc ... can`t see any reason for full finger ones

13. konnos

konnos Simracer

Yep I m using cycling gloves too. Mainly to protect my wheel from grease and sweat. With those gloves I haven't sweated once.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Fingerless never worked for me, even in the gym. There is always some bunching at the finger cuts. Plus you would still be touching your suede with uncovered fingers when gripping wheel, that partially defeats the benefit of wheel protection part.

15. konnos

konnos Simracer

Yes but you can use mouse and type in a hurry and not have to pay 50dollars. :) The fingers touching the suede are quite minimal, it does happen of course, but it's out of conveniency if nothing else.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

upload_2017-10-10_23-49-26.jpeg
    Finally got myself old fashioned car gloves by Make-or-Break like they were used decades ago, thin lamb leather, no warming effect, fits my hands like a second skin, ultra soft, 17 Euros. Perfect. Prevents what it should prevent: that I ruin my wheel with my hand sweat. A bit smelly the first days, after leaving them open and exposed for some days and nights, the smell was gone, now smelling good and natural, simply like leather should. Ordered from German Amazon, delivered from the UK.

Before, I used thin leather-textil protective construction gloves, which again were fitting tight and well. Good solution for one year or so, but the leather then became hard and stiff. After all, its purpose was not to be soft and gentle, but to protect.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  17. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Sorry for OT.
    I've got the same alcantara wheel, how do you clean it (or how would, if you already haven't)?

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Blamer likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

After spending almost a month with those I am afraid I'd have to degrade their initial rating.
    There are problems:
    - velcro cuff fasteners are small and hard to use
    - touch sensitive tips on index finger and thumb is the biggest problem as they are:
    - started fraying after catching up on velcro
    - slippery, don't provide good grip, and bunch during races
    - the tips material started rolling up on edges

I think my favorite on budget are still those
    - Mechanix Wear Specialty Vent https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013ECM3K0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    They are just lightweight and breathable as Sparco Hyper Grip but do not have all those mentioned problems. Half the price of Sparco too.
    [​IMG]

Happy racing.

Kade likes this.