1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

On gtplanet

someone pointed out that iRacing graffiti on road is same thing repeating over. "D+D" "Build Race Party"

they copy and pasted same textures over and over lol

if you watch the video again.

you can spot the road graffiti is repeating.

edit: mavryk1982 yeah its true copy pasted road textures.

Glaurung and mavryk1982 like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That sounds like a terrible choice to do! lol

3. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Wow. That's really bad, specially for a track that costs so much.
    iRacing forums will erupt with this :p

4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Anyone who believes Rene used Pcars for legitimate accurate training, needs to have their head evaluated.

Glaurung, kofotsjanne and ears1991 like this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yea seems AC uses unique graffiti that was there whey they scanned/photographed the track, including on guard rails and such. But this graffiti will differ between all games, since is not static in real life either.

mavryk1982 likes this.
  6. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

It's one of them "once you see it, you cannot unsee it" things... The D+D and the VW sign just repeat over and over. Perhaps a limitation of the graphics engine in iRacing?

Rift Racer likes this.
  7. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

The whole track is using the same graffiti texture over and over.

Charges $30 for track claims highest quality laser scan ever (iRacing fanboys errupt in joy every other version is inferior to our product)

And than you see this.
    One example.

Pick any shape and just watch it reappears over and over.

"D+D" appears 25+ times in the lap.

[​IMG]

8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

LOL Funny Chit

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Have anyone over at the iRacing forum tried to make this a easter egg yet? :D

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Or "D" is desperately in love with "D" and took his time to put it all over the Nord. :)

yusupov and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think if you had the choice for a scanned track and a not scanned track nearly always the scanned track would be the better one.

Zandvoort shows how good a quality track making artist can get but if that was still based on scan data it would be even better and more accurate to reality. Its a great track as are quite a few other not scanned mod tracks. Its still an artform but in terms of accuratly recreating a real location laserscans will always be more accurate.

I think its clearly obvious that laser scanned circuits are more accurate, yet the so called greatest sim of all has none of these. ;)

Iracing has the greatest track line up, its a shame that we cant just run our sim of choice and then also have 3rd parties selling extra scanned tracks which we could use on any platform. This way all the effort could be used to create more different tracks rather then redoing the same ones.

This example shows how close the actual tracks get and in the end the only thing that seperates is a little art direction and man hours. Its amazing what kunos have managed with a much smaller team then Iracing has.

13. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Just drove a gt3 car on both back to back for 3 laps each. The big difference is in the feel of the cars... not the tracks. Interestingly, my best lap time in each sim was within a few seconds of each other.

The news for iRacing fans is they now have a very accurate version of the Ring so they no longer have to wish for that track or play another sim to get it. They can now race on all versions of the ring within iRacing's excellent multiplayer platform. AC fans can rest assured their Ring version is great and they really aren't missing anything significant if they prefer AC physics, feel, cars, leagues etc.

Do I prefer one version of the track over the other? Well, they are just so close it is really not worth going into detail. iRacing does come across more detailed (repeating graffiti or not) than the AC version and the camber seems perhaps slightly more pronounced in few spots but that is probably due to the suspension and tire model more than the track. AC colors seem deeper and richer. Both tracks are great and I am glad both exist because each has its strengths. I also went to RF2 and drove a lap of their ring mod. For a mod, it is a really great track... no doubt about it. It feels great in many ways. But it doesn't hold up to the AC or iRacing version for accuracy.

PhenOm, Fear, cerebralvortex and 5 others like this.
  14. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

So it's currently 3-2 to the Italians against their American opponents in this hard fought soccer, er, racing... game.

(AC 1 - 0 iRacing. AC was first out of the blocks to release a laserscanned version.)
    *RFactor pro is not playing in this match!

(AC 2 - 0 iRacing. Wow, the price of AC vs the iRacing one means the Italians storm to a 2-0 advantage.)

(AC 2 - 1 iRacing. iRacing hit back with more 'depth' to the surrounding landscape and track details such as the gas station)

(AC 3 - 1 iRacing. It's an own goal by iracing! They dropped the ball by doing this copy and paste graffiti. Unbelievable Jeff!)

(AC 3 - 2 iRacing. The Americans hit back with arguably better racing to be had on the 'Ring. 60 cars on track, multiclass fields and proper championships mean they are fighting back.)

hazardic, Fear, ears1991 and 3 others like this.
  15. shikari

shikari Rookie

I think both look good, I haven't driven iRacing in a while now/not been a member for a while. How much is the track? Apparently they make you buy the GP and the Ring separate? Hope its not true, I also noticed on their website that I cant actually seem to find the prices of things without being a member...

16. mavryk1982

mavryk1982 Gamer

It's $14.95 x 2 *but* as most members know you can use your race participation credits and other discounts to get things at a lower price. I paid a tad over $20 for both tracks and the new Mclaren MP4-30 using my credits this way.

Still cheaper than an actual one lap ticket in real life!

17. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Nürburgring Nordschleife
    Add To Cart ($14.95)

Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke
    Add To Cart ($14.95)

18. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

They do make you buy both to have the combined 24 hour version etc. I think they were $14.95 US each. As I said in my post above... if you have AC there is really no need to buy the iRacing version unless of course you want to race in iRacing. Don't do it just to see the track unless you have plenty of cash on hand for entertainment---- the tracks are much closer than they are different---- just as you would expect with laser scanning.

19. shikari

shikari Rookie

I just like iRacing for the online racing, pretty sure I have $30 on my iRacing account from when they continued to take payment despite me canceling my subscription.