1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

console in race ui (apps) on pc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Whipdiddywhip, May 8, 2017.

1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

any chance of getting the console version of apps in the pc? i think they look nicer and cleaner from what i have seen on youtube

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions disgraceful treatment for consoles owners Aug 5, 2020
    Console Lounge "Ready to Race" DLC Console Release May 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Please bring full race replays to console (and other missing features from PC) Jan 19, 2017
    Suggestions Control any car during race or hotseat-mode (single PC/Console multiplayer) Dec 23, 2016
    Suggestions Please add online quick race to console version Sep 20, 2016
    Console Lounge Kunos team are custom grids for offline races coming to consoles in future updates? Sep 7, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022

3. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

thats a shame, the whole console ui seems alot more polished

4. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

The PC apps in general are (sorry guys) woeful. Easily the weakest thing in AC.

5. So apps that you can position anywhere on your screen along with the ability to turn on/off individually is woeful? Am I missing something here?

6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

The fact that they're movable is immaterial. Moving the app that doesn't tell me what I need to know to a different location on the screen is of minimal use.

Edit: I guess I should be specific in my criticism, otherwise I'm just *****ing. I miss a tachometer app that tells me what my RPM is. That seems like something you shouldn't have to ask for, but we get a tach with no numbers or a numeric readout, neither of which does anything for me. Now that I'm on a bigger screen I use the interior car view, lessening the impact since I can use the model's tach. But for the first year+ I used AC in bonnet cam on my small monitor and it was tremendously frustrating to not be able to know the only relevant thing when racing without resorting to 3rd party apps.

The new(ish) tire app also addresses what had long been my other complaint, so 1 for 2 so far. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  7. Stadtaffe

Stadtaffe Hardcore Simmer

Pssst, dont tell anybody, but i am working on something similar ;):

[​IMG]

8. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

that looks great, much better than the current pc ones, despite what the ac fanboys say the pc apps are pretty rubbish, you need like 5 different aps to get the info you need and could get from 2-3

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Not sure why you think you are the absolute judge on what looks good or rubbish, or why you would decide for this AC fan what I should like or not, but I find that between the original Kunos PC UI and the mod alternative, like side kick, there is no need for the console UI on the PC version.
    I hope that as the gardian of what is right for every body, not having the same opinion does not upset you to much. :p

Nick Moxley and stefanoCasillo like this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Consoleros are also missing some functions and selections. Even in the car setups Afaik. We would want that? Also, I'm using Content Manager anyway. Want everything on your HUD without screen clutter? Use SideKick http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sidekick.11007/

11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

meh

the responses i expected, why should kunos improve this game that has many flaws when they have an army of deluded fanboys who will defend their every move, guess i'll check back next year to see if the game is finished

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Deluded fanboys how. PC has mod support which was in forefront of the replies = why fix something that modders fixed already. Also, I dislike strongly stuff that I can't move around/resize. In triple screen, even when I wasn't using SideKick and CrewChief and thus getting rid of all immersion breaking HUD clutter, I didn't want anything but very essential things in center screen. I put the less relevant stuff in sidescreens. Console UI like this would be inflexible, aimed at solely to single screen users. Not VR or triple screen. SideKick is preferred by most people who use VR I think, why they would need this console HUD?

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well maybe you deserve a more complete answer, but you have to understand that most of the answering people already did this a few times and getting more and more offhanded along.

You asked for the console UI "Apps" in the PC version. Unfortunately those aren't just more polished apps in the same software architecture you could easily copy+paste. AFAIK the console UI is a completely different program without app support. So everthing is built-in without modding in mind, and most probably they wouldn't be ported but rewritten in a similar way. I can even imagine that it uses features that needed to be programmed for the PC UI. Doable for sure, but way more effort than it looks from the outside (= copy as app). May the Lord correct me if I'm mistaken.

One of the plus points of the moddability on the PC side is that you have a huge array of apps available, I'd be surprised if you didn't find something what suits you. I agree, having 5 apps open where 2 could be enough is not optimal. I also agree in the superior style of the console UI, I like it very much.

I can't agree on coming here with a frequently asked question and shifting to the "army of deluded fanboys" argument. Currently your answer lies within mods, and those guys usually belong to the group you are offending currently.

paulieGTR likes this.
  14. This PC fanboy doesn't even use apps; if it was up to me that arcade crap on your screen would stay with your arcade racers. I have no idea why somebody would buy a sim, drive it from cockpit view, and then clutter up the screen with a bunch of Forza looking crap. To each their own I guess.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  15. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

There's no need to refer to your fellow sim racers/forum members in a derogatory fashion and in an immature way.

Wait till you need help in the future.!!
    I wonder how many of them so called ac fanboys, will be willing to go out of their way to help you.

With that said...
    I think this may help folks understand the age that we're dealing with here. :D
    I was gonna' say i love your slippers, but yeah...

[​IMG]