1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 content a little light

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by StephenJHayes83, Dec 31, 2016.

1. UnBEARable

UnBEARable Rookie

It's good to know but honestly he could be as haughty as he likes; all that really matters to me is the SIM, which is brilliant. I hate all the facebook internet bollocks either, so he's not that wrong. There seems to be clever chaps in this community though, so no stupidity should be attributed to it on the grounds of a few dissenting opinions; that's all I meant. Since you talk of him almost in a deifying manner, that could suggest he's a good chap after all.

As I care nothing about any gods whatsoever, i'd better stick my nose into this bloody good SIM and leave it all at that.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

And given that sims will become indistinguishable from reality we must consider that AC is but a sim within a sim :confused:

Horus and paul_wev like this.
  3. Horus

Horus Alien

Sim away, sim away, sim away, sim away... In the Sim jungle, the mighty sim jungle. The Lord Kunos doesn't sleep at night...

paul_wev likes this.
  4. UnBEARable

UnBEARable Rookie

Just one remark about a 'phenomenon': since your Lord's chimed in praising one's intelligence as opposed to the rest, many of you ceased the 'would it be a sim?' rubbish to start talking about sci-fi readings and quantum physics; keep at that and you may also be eligible to His acceptance. Even if he (perhaps rightfully) doesn't think so, father Bear here must say he's very proud of you, bloody clever lads!

Back to things that matter, as definitely I won't touch upon this subject again.

5. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Next time I fly I will ask the pilot which version of MSFS he trained on. The good one from 2014 or the awful buggy crock of crap that was FSX. My decision to board or not to board will be based on his answer!!!

MBK72 and Pleite like this.
  6. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Which is why the real life racer I am thinking of always finished at the back when in BTCC.......

MBK72, paul_wev and Pleite like this.
  7. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Wrong. I dont use the word "sim" as a substitute for "good quality game", which YOU somehow have managed to miss.
    Software publishers and consumers use the word "sim" to apply a perceived quality seal to a "game".
    If Flight Simulator was a true "sim", why does it cost £49.99, whereas to train as a commercial airline pilot costs thousands? I have a friend who's a commercial pilot for Easyjet. He's had his licence for 5 years and is still paying off his training fees. I'm sure he'll be delighted when I tell him that he could have done it for less than fifty quid AND have the ability and backing of his passengers to fly that 737 to Alicante every day.

paul_wev likes this.
  8. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Easy tiger! Wow. Calm down fella. It's not a criticism of your work so please don't take it as one. It's an observation that a "game" (any "game") cannot truly simulate what it is like to drive a race car. Whether it me PCars, AC, Forza, or whatever. It's a very enjoyable and fun experience and I love it, but its not accurate to be considered truly simulating as some people suggest. It is by far the best ever racing game I've ever played. Praise I will bestow on it despite your lousy attitude towards anyone who does not share your (understandably passionately biased) views 100%.

Carry on insulting the people who put the food on your table though. Maybe step down from the honourary peerage for one second and consider how you address your supporters eh?
    You chose to fight me, I'm loving and praising your game and buying all the dlcs. Well I was. Good work, well done you.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  9. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Thankfully .......

paul_wev and Pleite like this.
  10. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Flight simulator is a real simulator!

I think you might want to look up the definition os simulator as you seem to have a different idea to other people.

And what the hell does "truly simulate" mean?

Where does your "truth" emanate from?

11. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

I've expressed an opinion. I'm not here to argue with anyone who doesn't agree with it, unlike some.

12. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

You are argueing your opinion about the definition of a word.

You can't redefine the definition of words without being pulled up on it!

But as you say, there is no point arguing, especially with opinionation.

Snowman38 and paul_wev like this.
  13. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

It's incredible this stretching or things. A lexical definition? It's quite funny; nothing short of extremism, as the idea of not feeling the simulated environment while at a simulation software is quite clear and there's nothing wrong with that, I think. It was never said simulation isn't possible, as anyone knows fire drills regularly take place at offices, etc: it's only been said, basically, that a videogamer might get hurt if thrown at a 24 hour GT championship without ever being in a real racing car, even with a 1000h + AC background. That makes sense! I just don't understand what all this fuss is about, honestly.

Plato99 likes this.
  14. your opinion is useless because you don't understand the meaning of the word "simulation". People have tried to explain it to you and you still don't get it, at this point I think you are simply in that phase in where you're desperately trying to defend what you wrote and you are now trying the "it's just my opinion bro" card. Misunderstanding the meaning of a word is not "an opinion" is a failure to understand the logical concept behind the word itself.

Eero, liakjim, tkaczorek69 and 6 others like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

It also can't be classed as a true sim on Xbox, here's why in the real world cars travel smoothly along, where as on some tracks Barcelona the worst one the cars travel with a sttttttuttttttter.

MBK72 and Pleite like this.
  16. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It is my opinion. Respect it, you don't have to agree with it. I couldn't care less if you do or dont. It's one of the things that separates us from children. You seem to take it as criticism, which it isn't.

Read again, I love the game. The fact that I don't subscribe to any game being an accurate simulation says how I view all games, not just yours. That doesn't mean that I don't think they're great or don't enjoy them. I'm not after some sort of higher experience.

Maybe my definition of "simulation" differs from yours. It could be argued that Forza is a simulation by your definition? I don't know what your definition is. After all it loosely simulates the act of driving a car around a track. So does yours, albeit with the added fun of invisible landmines, an AI that doesn't overtake anymore, rapidly changing tyre temperatures, and without the distractions of a useful and popular multiplayer experience. That my friend is criticism, but I don't let it spoil the game.

Let's agree to disagree and move on,

Pleite likes this.
  17. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Wrong?

"It is my opinion. Respect it, you don't have to agree with it. It's one of the things that separates us from children."
    -yourself

paul_wev likes this.
  18. lol a goat is smarter

sorry but I have 0 respect for blatant stupidity, ignorance and total unwillingness to have an intelligent discussion.
    "Simulation" is a very simple word, hardly beyond the understanding of a 5yo child, it has no need for "interpretation", it has a meaning, and you are clearly not equipped or willing to understand it.

Go read a book.
    And please walk away from this thread or you'll be forced to walk away from this forum.

as you've said.. we "agree to disagree" lol

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  19. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

Do you let the fact of just getting told to go read a book (or being called dumber than a goat) by the guy who you're giving money to, to play a game that calls itself a sim, when in your opinion is definitely NOT a sim, spoil the game for you? Lol

This has officially become the most entertaining thread ever!

Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  20. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Good business practice that.