1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Current gearbox/clucht implementation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ouvert, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Hi,
    since I had a day off I decided to plug in pedals with clutch .. for a first time after RC release, just to have nice relaxing drive ...
    And I`m not sure if I have bad ingame setting but it seems like there is no proper clutch implementation yet ?
    I mean you can`t stall engine, you can shift without clutching perfectly fine when autoclutch is disabled .. you don`t even really need to blip the throtle pedal when down shifting .. I tried to run one lap (Pro settings, full damage) with proper clutching, lifting, blipping and than second one not touching clutch at all, just slamming gears in very obsessive way, trying to damage gearbox or upset the car and there is almost no difference (except when you don`t lift you damage your engine) ..
    I tried BMW E30, Lotus SC, KBow, 7eleven, Abrath and Alfa Romeo ..

Still having fun but I`d like to now that it matters that you put some efford to clutching (in my case causing that I`m probably slower that without clutch) ..

Am I doing it wrong or this is something we need to wait to be implemented ?

Cuthere likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Apply current pressures from tire menu to Pitstop and global press. up and down button Sep 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality How is VR currently? Jul 12, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RLM - Current situation May 27, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Current Special Events stats aren't displayed. May 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC is not compatible with current active visor Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer 2hr CP Race currently frozen! Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality What is currently the best VR setup for AC? Dec 19, 2019
    Screens & Videos December, 2019. What currently is the best VR? Dec 9, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [1.0.2]Current weather status Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Current Issues Jan 28, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Is button mapping currently available ? Dec 15, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Driver Names and Current placement Dec 1, 2018
    ACC User Interface Change "Current" in the name of the setup used Sep 16, 2018
    ACC User Interface no warning when overwriting current setup with one of the defaults Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Current state of AC and the future Sep 7, 2018

3. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

Do you have a video of that ?

If you're in the correct RPM range any car will shift without the clutch and without damage. And I remember a lot of missed downshifts in this game, due to releasing the clutch pedal too early or not pressing it enough.
    The game also quite easily locks the wheels on downshifts, but you won't spin out if you shift low enough in RPMs without blipping, so unless you have something other than words to offer, I would assume you're not very good at bullying a gearbox.

4. Are you using clutch with an H pattern shifter or clutch with a sequential?

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Not very polite, but in it's message point on.

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

i`m using seqential shifter ..

I`ll give it more try .. and I may add video ..

Fivizzz .. yep but in AC that range seems to be infinite and you just shift like you have autoclutch without thinking about it, doesn`t matter what is your rpm or speed .. but it could be cause i`m using seq. shifter
    I couldn`t do what I did in other sims I play and I couldn`t (and wouldn`t) do that in any of cars I`ve driven IRL .. I know it is a game and I love it .. just want to feel that I`m clutching with purpose (other than it is more fun that way) ...

7. Quadg

Quadg Rookie

dog clutch flat sequential box. no need for clutch or to lift the throttle. see caterham 620r for utter insanity. the sweetest sounding box IRL.
    watch the guy in the test mule do nurburgring....
    use a H box for gear box grinding fun.. but you can change faster than using the paddles. in a H box equipped car. its just like racing.. slow and safe or fast and damage.
    and you will need to heel and toe if you skip gears with the h box.. which you cannot do with the sequential..

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Is it that if you are using seq.shifter game makes all gearboxes bahave like seq. gearboxes with some added shift time penalty ? so it is not only change of input but it "changes" gearbox car is using and use dog clutch too ... that would explain it ..
    I though that when using seq. shifter with clutch in cars with Hpattern it would behave like Hpattern+clutch without option to skipgears .. like in other sims (and you just double or tripple click the seq shifter on one cluch press if you wanna skip gear) ..
    If it is true, nevermind, withdrawing question and i`m gonna have to build H pattern ... :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  9. Quadg

Quadg Rookie

I have never changed my h to sequential. So i cant answer :) the h does not work at all if i'm in a sequential equipped car though, so I use the wheel paddles.
    i would think the sequential works like the paddles. it down shifts automatically for you. but slower than you can with a real H. but no damage chance.
    that would explain it.

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep that would explain everything :)
    ok so there is only Tatuus FA010 with seq. gearbox in game ... well I`ll be hoping that with Ford licence we get V8 Falcons seq.shiffting with clutch :D

11. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Dont forget both GT2 cars are sequential! And the p4/5! And the 2-11 GT4!
    ~Bailey
    EDIT: And the Lotus GX too.

12. plucka

plucka Racer

So I'm still not quite clear, I will soon be receiving fanatec seq shifter (is both H and seq shifter). When I use seq shifter in for example Ferarri GT2 does it behave the same as a paddles shifting or is there a requirement to use clutch/blip on downshifts? I'm not sure about all seq shifters in real life but in cars like V8 Super Car they still use clutch and heel/toe with a seq gearbox.

Edit- onboard GT2

You can clearly see him use clutch on downshifts, not sure if he is using heel toe though. So question- does the game simulate this or does seq just act like paddles with autoclutch?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  13. Lulu2068

Lulu2068 Racer

I don't think he is using clutch... He is breaking with his left foot, no ?

14. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

I dont' use the clutch if the car requires sequential shifting (except for launch). only for h-shift.

15. plucka

plucka Racer

No, you can his left foot pumping as he goes down the gears, and the right foot move to the brake

16. Bailey

Bailey Alien

It looks like he is using the clutch and brake.
    I just did some testing in AC. It looks like AC only "sees" cars as H-gate or sequential. Under the sequential category you have both the paddles and stick sequential, like we see in the GT2 cars. The GT cars have auto-blip implemented in them, even on the PRO assist setting.
    Addressing the original post, I received the same results, however upon changing back to the H-gate I was damaging the engine if I did not use the clutch.
    ~Bailey

17. ouvert

ouvert Alien

oh thanx havent checked those new cars .. but at least 458 GT2 uses dual clutch without clutch pedal right .. so no joy there :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

But modern GTs will have autoblip? No?

19. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Modern GTs have autoblip.
    ~Bailey

Mogster likes this.
  20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

so I did more testing by mapping H patter gears to buttons on wheel and than it behaves like I expected it should .. so it indeed "swap" type of transmission of a car to fit your input device .. mystery solved, apologize for wasting space in forum ;)

21. tigercorsa

tigercorsa Rookie

I agree whole heartedly that we should be able to stall the engine if not clutching right - hope that one day we can learn stick shift with this sim! read somewhere the dev said they will not implement a start engine key - that's probably right, but can we make it that if you stall you have to slow down to restart the engine (automatically)