1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Custom Hosted lobbies for PC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Icarus, May 17, 2017.

1. Icarus

Icarus Racer

Is PC getting hosted lobbies like the console version? Similar to what you get in PCARS.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Peter Dee likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues acs crash when entering hosted server (solved: removing custom cameras) May 10, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Warn people about Customs charges on new merch Monday at 6:54 PM
    ACC Gameplay Full custom GT3 grid Mar 19, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC General Discussions New LFM Custom BOP on the making! Sep 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom resolution for 48" 4K TV May 17, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Can´t race sigle make race on offical liveries mixed custom ones Apr 6, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager CSP ( Custom Shaders Patch ) error. Mar 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Custom race configuration Jan 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom Liveries - Reshading when Creating DDS Files Nov 17, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Open series custom 3H race weekend includes 2-driver teams Jul 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Customer support - or lack thereof! May 10, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars FSR Custom Setting Explanation? May 7, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Help needed: Race against AI with Custom Liveries? Single Make.. Mar 31, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 Challenge Custom Liveries Mar 29, 2022

3. PC has had them for years, you use the server manager tool to set up whatever lobby you want.

AmorFati likes this.
  4. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

The f have you been smoking?

And can I get some of that?

5. Icarus

Icarus Racer

Sorry, I meant hosted lobbies like consoles get. I had a server for a while but the MP features in AC are a bit lacking so it became a bit annoying to keep kicking everyone out to switch tracks. I was hoping that a PCARS type lobby system would be something we'd eventually get.

Peter Dee likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We have them aswell but the PC act as a server which affect the performance. On console they get a spot on a dedicated server afaik, which is a better solution.

Peter Dee likes this.
  7. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Ok, i don't get it. There are hosted servers, many of them. You don't have to run your own.

Just as examples:
    • Kunos #001 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #002 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #003 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #004 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #005 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #006 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #008 [MR FREE] by RackService.org
    • Kunos #009 [MR ABCN] by RackService.org
    • many more -> http://ac.proracing.club/
    Whats the difference with the console ones? They can change the track without leaving? Or what? :confused:

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure if they can change track without restarting but when you start a server trough the server thingy on PC you host the server on your PC if you dont have a dedicated PC for it or renting a server from rackservice for example, while on console you start a server that are getting a slot on a dedicated server. There is some modders that have made this possible on PC though, but not officially from Kunos and im not sure how many that actually know about it.

fr13del likes this.
  9. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    kofotsjanne and Icarus like this.
  10. Icarus

Icarus Racer

Thanks, I tried Trackcycle last year when my clan had their own server but it was still in it's infancy, I see that it's moved on a bit now. Never seen that one you posted, I'll check it out. Shame we don't have an easy PCARS style lobby option, but maybe these apps can get close.

11. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I must be thick because AC Server Manager doesn't work for me. Surely we can have a simple option in the game to set up a server like Project Cars and every other game seems to have. How hard is it? This game is so outstanding, it deserves an easy way for thickies like me to be able to set up a custom lobby so I can race with my mates using whatever configuration we see fit!

12. Orne

Orne Alien

No, you're not thick. Its a serious pain in the butt at the moment. One of the few things pCars did well was the ability to host a multiplayer race with a few clicks and even send an invite through Steam chat. Its a thing of beauty, truly !

Although SMS is a much larger company with deeper pockets which can make a huge difference in things such as this.

Peter Dee likes this.
  13. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs but I would sure love to be able to set a custom race up like in Pcars!
    Surely it can't be that difficult, just about every other game I've ever played has this ability.

14. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

What games? AFAIK rF2, AMS, and R3E all work with dedicated servers just like AC does.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

True, plus the ability to set the server with AI, so you can have races while you wait for the server to fill with other driver. Too bad I have no interest in driving in PCars, but I would go online more if AC had the same features for servers as PCars does.

Peter Dee likes this.
  16. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Sorry Brandon, you may be misunderstanding what I mean. Rather than fixed servers, I would like a simple method to choose track/car/rules configuration rather than go into a fixed server and not be able to amend any of these parameters. Check Project Cars' system and you'll see what I mean.

17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I understand what you mean, but you said "every other game" has these options when most PC racing sims in fact do not have these options, PCars being the only one I know of. I was being pedantic.

fr13del likes this.
  18. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I only have AC and Pcars (although I think Raceroom has it) but I note that Assetto Corsa has this ability on PS4. Why not PC then? I just feel it's a big disadvantage for us over PS4. Happy for them to host, I'd just like to be able to select which cars and track I want to race. So many cars get no use on this game because of this issue.

Icarus likes this.
  19. Drivur

Drivur Rookie

+1 Would be great to have this feature on PC aswell.

Peter Dee likes this.
  20. I 100% agree with this :)

Peter Dee likes this.
  21. jiaoshouxu

jiaoshouxu Rookie

Hell, most those popular servers are Nord with cars that I don't want to drive, and the port forward is impossible for me (campus internet), and I'd like to see pcar's custom room in AC

Peter Dee likes this.