1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Custom Hosted lobbies for PC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Icarus, May 17, 2017.

1. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Then it's not only me. Cool. Do Kunos care or are they only supporting consoles now? No point in releasing DLC if none of it gets any use.
    Such a pity that such a great game as Assetto Corsa can't get this small bit right for the fans.

Might I suggest we all get on Twitter and let them know? They obviously ignore these forums.

Icarus likes this.
  2. fr13del

fr13del Racer

lol, guy, please read the console-forum, you will see the exact opposite... XD

And dude, don't talk sh*t like that.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I suggest that you calm down your tone.
    Trying to be aggressive towards the devs that have kept updating and supporting this game for the last 4 years is not going to work.
    AC PC has been created with dedicated server support and has been always marketed as such. We do not support custom lobbies for PC for the current version. I'm sorry if you have problems with it, but that's the way it is. When you buy something, you buy it as it is. Complaining and accusing devs for features that have never been planned or publicised is not going to change things at all. It's not like that you get a FWD car and if you complain enough at the car manufacturer it will convert it to AWD for you.

Thank you.

4. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Ok, first, I'm not threatening anyone at all.

- Console is the same game - marketed the same way and yet, they have this feature and PC doesn't (or am I missing something and the console version is Assetto Corsa - Enhanced Edition?).
    - I'm not talking s**t since this is a real thing so not sure what you're getting at there. Unless I'm wrong and your version has this feature and everyone else's doesn't.
    - Your FWD analogy is incorrect. To correct your attempt, It'd be like us both buying the same car yet yours is FWD and mine is AWD.

Lastly, It's clear by the posts in this very thread that I am not alone in feeling that this feature is sorely needed.

Remember, it's the fans of the series that spend our money on the product and thus keep the business running, if we can't make suggestions on the forums, what do you suggest we do?

All I asked for is the ability to select the car/track configuration. Is that such a crime?!

There's no need to jump down my throat and make it personal. That's just keyboard heroics.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Icarus likes this.
  5. fr13del

fr13del Racer

You're talking sh*t cause your tone is sh*t. And there is absolutely no fekkin problem to set up a server by yourself with your wanted combo.

6. a suggestion is something.. trying to instigate a twitter harassment campaign is not "suggesting" is harassing.
    Nobody is saying your suggestion is wrong or stupid, I actually agree that it would be nice... but your way of going trying to force your views however is simply not welcome here.

And this is the last warning for you.

mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Ah, I understand where you're coming from. I wasn't trying to incite a harassment campaign at all, apologies if it seemed that way and thanks for at least being nice about it unlike that very helpful person above you with a great attitude.

"You're talking sh*t cause your tone is sh*t. And there is absolutely no fekkin problem to set up a server by yourself with your wanted combo." - I guess this is the best way to act on these forums and is not deserving of any warning?

I haven't sworn at or belittled anyone on here. I find that bullying and harassing behaviour directed at me for a simple suggestion.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, they do care about the PC-version.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/news-and-announcements.14/
    :p

Peter Dee likes this.
  9. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  10. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Dude, really, this is not offending or something? You think that is the right way to go?
    o_O

If you're new or not - you should read a little around here before posting things like this...

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. no need for this.. he has already apologized.. let's move on

12. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I don't believe I offended you there at all so why did it give you some right to swear at me and take personal digs at me? Is that how you behave in real life? And then you have the audacity to say I have a bad attitude!

I concede it probably wasn't the best way to go but it was far from the attack you mounted!

Is there a better way you could've posted a response? Let me try for you:

"Mate, the mods do actually read these forums. Twitter isn't going to get you a better response. You can actually host servers if you like. I note by your Rookie status that you might be new to the game so you might not know this. If you need help, just ask".

That might've made this exchange a lot more pleasant and I would've learned something.

13. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

Agreed. No hard feelings here.

Although if there is a guide somewhere that shows how to host a server, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, let me say that I'm glad that AC is first and foremost designed for online via dedicated (although, might be the wrong word here) servers. Which means even after support by dev and publisher ceases and servers are shut down in some years you could still make your own and play. That said I also wouldn't mind to have lobbies like this if possible, as it'd just be much less of a hassle to set up and run for a lot of people, if they want to do a quick session with friends or something.

Peter Dee likes this.
  15. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Ok, buddy, but... you could have found out all that by yourself by easily reading around here 5-10 minutes.
    For me attacking you, i haven't called you names, i just wanted to show that rudeness provokes rudeness.

Anyways, are we done yet? Enough offtopic... PM me, if not.

16. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer

I actually wasn't able to find it but thanks for the help and again, I wasn't rude to you at all. You attacked me, not the other way around.

It's fine, we're done. You can resume being the helpful, kind individual I'm sure you are.

Have a lovely day.

17. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Ok, so sorry for the forthcoming retarded question but......what is ac server manager and where do I find it?
    I too would like to set a lobby sometimes but it's a lot of bother to rent a server and set it up for the odd occasion that I might want to try different combos..

Peter Dee likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

19. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Peter Dee likes this.
  20. Peter Dee

Peter Dee Gamer