1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XB1 CUSTOM LOBBY PING

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by ppbucko, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

we have no control over custom lobby pings. we need to create lobbies with low pings 50ms or less to have a good race.
    At the moment its pure luck if you get a good server, its completely random. Yesterday I created a room with 25ms ping the next one I created was 350ms ping which is unplayable. Also the player who creates the room hasn't got a clue what the ping value is of his room he has set up. If we new this then as soon as the room is created if its high we could leave it and try again.

What we do at moment is 4 of us create the same race, then the other players look for the rooms in lobby and check the ping values, the one with the best ping everyone joins that one.

When your in a high ping lobby 150ms plus all the cars crab round the corners, then if the ping is even higher the cars jump about.

In our small race community we all have high speed internet with 100plus downs and over 10 ups so its not our connections.

Before the update, when all we had was official rooms, you could filter 50ms rooms only.
    BluuSpydeR and iMichael123S like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Custom lobby ping Jul 16, 2017
    Console Lounge CUSTOM LOBBYS QUESTION May 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Custom lobby update questions. May 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Custom Lobby Features Suggestions Dec 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Customized skins in multiplayer: Possible! Possible? Nov 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Two questions for custom championships... Nov 15, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes How can i begin to learn to make custom plugins Nov 3, 2017
    Suggestions Multi Class support for Custom Championships Nov 1, 2017
    Console Lounge Best Customs Championship Configuration Oct 13, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Saving during a custom championship? Sep 30, 2017
    Bug reports Reminder - Console Customer Support Sep 26, 2017
    Bug reports Custom mapping effects wheel rotation Sep 23, 2017
    Console Lounge Custom button mapping with Thrustmaster F1 wheel Sep 15, 2017
    Bug reports Handbrake doesn't work with custom mapping on LB/RB Sep 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Custom button mapping is awesome (update 1.15) Sep 13, 2017

3. iMichael123S

iMichael123S Gamer

The ping has been absolutely rubbish on Xbox! What is going on?
  4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - We are aware of a potential issue with the servers and are investigating.
    iMichael123S likes this.
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

we could do with some sort of control as to what server we get, also the person who sets the lobby up needs to know the ping of the room.
    iMichael123S likes this.
  6. iMichael123S

iMichael123S Gamer

On the PS4 it works perfectly well, basically the best server available is the one you're assigned, on the Xbox I am not sure perhaps I keep getting put on international severs?
    Mitch09Xbox likes this.
  7. iMichael123S

iMichael123S Gamer

On the PS4 it works perfectly well, basically the best server available is the one you're assigned, on the Xbox I am not sure perhaps I keep getting put on international severs?

Plus any chance of a visual upgrade for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?
  8. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Would be nice ! I preordered xonex last sunday. But game will run better anyway :)
    But i think kunos doesnt have the ressources to make a pro/x Version :(
  9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think that's how its supposed to work on xbox as well. But its very hit and miss, sometimes you get a sub 50ms sever or sometimes plus 150 or even plus 300 which are just unusable. The only way you can tell what server you have is to get a mate to go to lobby menu screen and look before joining.
  10. Mitch09Xbox

Mitch09Xbox Rookie

(Subscribing to thread)