1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS4 Differences in UDP data and documentation

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Jun 17, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Simracer

In the process of writing a Ruby client for the AC UDP data sent from the PS4, I uncovered a number of differences between what was received, and what was documented in the AC Socket document (link) for RTCarInfo.

My working (successfully parses and displays all values) UDP definition is linked below. This implementation uses a Ruby library that allows me to declaratively define the structure of the data (Ruby is not normally typed like this) in C terms. It should be pretty easy to read, and I used names that match the official document.

https://github.com/bradland/ac_telemetry/blob/master/lib/ac_telemetry/bin_formats/rt_car_info.rb

I have observed the following discrepancies:

1) String encoding and format is not specified in the AC docs. I'm getting good results with UTF-16LE, and treating % as a string terminator.

2) The documentation specifies six, 1-byte flags for ABS (2), TC (2), pit status, and engine limiter. The float for vertical G force is supposed to start immediately after, but I had to pad two unknown bytes to get things working. Can you tell me what these two bytes are at offset 26 and 27?

3) The documentation doesn't specify unit of measure for many values. I'm guessing on man.

4) Slip angle contact patch always outputs zero.

5) Tyre slip always outputs zero.

6) ND Slip is undocumented (unsure of description and unit).

7) Load does not specify unit (assuming newtons).

8) Dy is undocumented.

9) Mz unit of measure is undocumented.

10) Tyre dirty level max value is undocumented.

11) Suspension height documentation is ambiguous. Assuming this is vertical travel available in meters.

12) Car slope always outputs zero.
    Maverick944 and OdeFinn like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Differences in the event Tunnel Vision between PS and Console Jul 16, 2017
    Console Lounge PC vs PS4 Differences May 8, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Why big differences in fps between these 3 modes? Apr 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Set-up differences for same spec S1 and S2 cars (Elise, M3, Z4 etc) Dec 29, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FPS differences between 2 camera view Sep 5, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Grip level differences in Special Events (solved - no issue) Sep 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room AC Pro vs. AC consumer version differences? Aug 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What are the practical differences between the various tire models? Jun 2, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mid-distance texture differences – noticeable on guard rails and walls Jan 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Question for the devs concerning ffb differences Sep 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Replay recording quality differences Mar 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gt car lap time/physics differences Feb 13, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Mp grip differences Dec 4, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes (request) - time differences to opponents Aug 11, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Differences between shared memory and python data Jun 22, 2014

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Simracer

Also, is there a third-party app development forum that console users can access? I can't read the threads in the "GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues" forum :(
  4. bradleyland

bradleyland Simracer

Bump :)
    OdeFinn likes this.