1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Different 'physics' on different tracks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Boris Lozac, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Why do some combos and particulary tracks, feel so arcade [​IMG] Tried 2-11 at Vallelunga, i'm swiming all over the track, can't properly describe it, like i'm tossing the car arround 'softly' and in a way that's completely not possible in rl.
    Same car on Silverstone is a dream, on Vallelunga it's like driving on one of those fantasy tracks in Gran Turismo, with some 4wd car, on the best tires AND with driving assits.. Same thing with Mugello too.

Anyone has any explanation for this pnehomenon, other then i'm crazy?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds any server with many different mods crashes on startup Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality FFB is different in VR and single monitor Jan 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022
    Sounds modding Error Message when attempting to mod in different sounds? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Different approach!! Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    Sounds modding Same sound, different car, different volume? Why Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Different time stamp in chat Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Im super happy with VR (1.8.4) - So what am I doing different? Nov 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Brake Bias setting and display different in some cases Sep 30, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ACC Help with SETUP differentiating Sep 14, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 8kx: Different vegetation shadow in each eye Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Physics Torsen vs clutch type differential ingame May 5, 2021

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

you're crazy. :D

Seriously... technically speaking, no magical physics or strange hidden hands of god here.
    A physics for each car (or track) simply doesn't exist. There's ONE physics engine. There are proper parameters for each car. There is proper grip for each track surface (monza 66 has not the same grip of modern Imola).
    There's room for improvement? Sure. But not the way you're thinking in your op.

Apologizes for my english, i'm in a hurry.

4. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Perhaps driving style?

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

I just hope they implement low speed physics soon. Right now the feeling of driving doesn't feel complete.

Kristaps and Simon Roberts like this.
  6. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

some ppl are strange indeed ;)

7. Requiem84

Requiem84 Simracer

Silverstone is extremely wide and open and feels slower. Corners tend to feel slower too. Imola has closer trees and armco for instance, which gives the impression that corners are taken faster (arcadish according to you ;)?).

This is the only explanantion I can think off. I don't feel difference physicswise at all.

8. Silverstone feels like it has a little less grip to me (I seem to hang the back end of most cars out more there than anywhere else) but it could just be because of the layout and that it is flat.

9. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

How so?

10. Bailey

Bailey Alien

According to code Silverstone has less grip than Imola.
    ~Bailey

11. yayyyy I'm not crazy....must show this to my wife immediately :p

GothaR and o0thx11380o like this.
  12. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Edit: oops sorry! I was looking at the wrong line. There is 0.01 difference in grip. Silverstone is grippier. :[ sorry about that :p
    (Given that I am reading this stuff correctly... You have turned more laps on those courses more than I have. I'll default to you.)
    ~Bailey

13. I think it's just that it is flat but it sure feels slicker to me....guess I am crazy....dammit

Bailey likes this.
  14. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

It could also have to do with your setup for the car. If you have too much camber and other things it could hurt your grip on a flat track considerably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. I only run default set, I'm clueless about setting up a car and would mess things up way more than I would fix them

16. S3 F458 at Imola, Vallelunga, Mugello I am for the most part not sliding the rear end at all....At Silverstone I look like a Chris Harris wannabe while making decently fast laps...I can't hardly drive the car sanely there and when I do I am a couple seconds slower.

17. As a point of reference: At both Vallelunga and Silverstone I am a tick under a second and half slower than WR. I drive night and day different on these two tracks. I guess it is just me since nobody else seems to do this.

18. totalo

totalo Rookie

I'm new to this sim so I really don't know but I do know that other sims do calculate the type of material the track is made of and because of that the feel will be different from track to track. Temperature will also affect the track surface.
    If AC is simulating these things then you will feel differences

19. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

You forgot wind ;-)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

20. totalo

totalo Rookie

.. and wind.

lol

21. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Could be.. On Silverstone i actually feel like i'm on a track day in real life, on Mugello and Vallelunga it's like i'm driving Gran Turismo with best available tires and driving aids..