1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally on sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rustygears73, May 11, 2017.

1. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

hey all,
    dirt rally is on sale for about 19 dollars on steam. i would not buy it for 60 dollars, but now.... maybe. i'd like to ask you guys, cause i respect your opinions: do the physics cut the mustard? is it worth it? not very big on codemasters physics, but i will take what you guys say into serious consideration. thanks in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC is like Dirt Rally May 31, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally 2.0? Sep 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally May 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally G920 wheel settings Feb 5, 2017
    Console Lounge [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone? Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Did dirt rally destroy my ac force feedback? Dec 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Dirt rally syle in car cam Jul 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally Apr 27, 2015
    Tracks modding (wip) SS El Cubilete (Mexico) beta v0.6 PUBLIC DOWNLOAD NOW / AC DIRT-y RALLY Aug 19, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars no smoke or dirt anymore? Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt build up 992 Cup Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No Dirt on Cars Mar 11, 2021

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Physics are fun but require some suspension of disbelief. It's a video game, and a good one, but it's not really a sim. A definite cut above typical Codies physics, though. (IMO)

For 20 bucks you won't be disappointed.

Dean Ogurek, AvGas and AlleyViper like this.
  4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

20 bucks i would say is worth it.

Physics are not top notch, but they are very decent and good enough considering this is a codemasters title.
    If you're a rally fan, there is plenty to enjoy.

I would buy it on the sale, run it for hour(steam return, under 2hrs gameplay) and decide if you want to keep it.
    Who knows...
    Maybe you'll love it, maybe you'll like it or maybe it just won't cut it for you.

Go for it and return it. No harm - no foul. :)

5. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

i can be forgiving when it comes to physics. it's not fair to compare every game to AC, a case in point is Formula Trucks, a wonderful racing game whose physics obviously cannot match AC, but it is still great fun. well, anyway i bought it for 16.90 actually, so yea it is a pretty good deal imo. cheers!

6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

It all depends on what you're after - a good game with enough realism to keep you engaged, or a great physics engine with enough game elements to keep it fun. DR is the former, AC the latter. Both valid. :)

Happy rallying!

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

8. André57

André57 Racer

Just check on steam we can play it for free for 2 days.:) Download in process will try it in 30min. or so. Almost hope to dislike it otherwise I will have to buy soon:p

9. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah, why would anyone compare it to AC - that is way, way wrong.
    It's a totally different genre. o_O

Compare it to RBR if anything. :)

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  10. fr13del

fr13del Racer

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

fr13del likes this.
  12. Don't buy it. Is abandoned from a lot of time about updateS etc.. Now they re going to release Dirt 4 on June, but not really informed about sim factor of it.
    I Uninstalled it last month because angry of 2 simple things never updated, the tarmac physics and LANCIA car's sounds.. Something easy to them, but I thing they won't do it.. Not because not able to..
    You can't also use other cars on pikes peak, just few ones.. And there are not so long stages..

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk