1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Agreed, it could be a very good first step towards something great but it's not going to be in its perfect state that they're marketing it as just yet. Hopefully, they keep developing the feature and locations (including existing ones) for more variety.

Spain looks a lot of fun, but just watching a few videos you can see the same 'tiles' cropping up in each. Pretty sure there's only one village, with a few routes through it for example, and I keep noticing the same El Molar hairpin in most.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Your Stage seems to use hex-based tile system indeed:

[​IMG]

Screencap from Behind The Scenes video

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I think every report from outsiders I've seen regarding My Stage has been positive with sentiments of "better than I imagined" being common so I think it's value should be quite high. Some repeated textures / sections are bound to be noticeable given the nature of generated stages but, still better than repeating the same stages we have done in the past, over and over again. It's certainly a step towards true Rallying IMO. The reliance on and competence of the co-driver will be more important than ever.

I look forward to Michigan stages as well as some new Rx tracks - especially since some of our exploration and outdoor activities take place in such areas and terrain. I can't count all the times we drove such roads and logging trails in the region and dreamed of doing so in a Rally car; driving a 2.5 ton truck with a super-stiff suspension through those sections just doesn't cut it. :p:)

4. Oh crap. It looks like +300hp rwd rally car cannot break traction on gravel.. :rolleyes:

Ofcourse it's possible that it's just Porkhammer's driving but I'm pretty sure that's not how those cars should look on gravel.

Edit: Just for the reference:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    LeDude83 likes this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

it is sad

6. TTM

TTM Alien

Save your money and buy instead few beers and look some real rally action from Youtube.. Codemasters, just why??? You have real rally/rallycross drivers to help you...

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  7. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Doesnt seem bad at all to me..Porkhammer have said he used the default setup and his way of driving is very "gentle" and not aggressive.. I do not see anything strange .. and i certainly did not expect a simulation level like RBR.

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Enter: "doesn't seem bad", exit: "did not expect RBR simulation level". Of course it doesn't seem bad to you, if you aren't really looking for proper simulation.

I wouldn't expect normal stuff from Porkhammer anyway... I remember his Mini WR video from DR, he exploits every single hole in the game to be faster, and there must be many.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'm afraid that it is mostly just publicity stunts. Fidget spinners for autistic kids :D

Even in those previews with real rally drivers, I haven't noticed signs of real rough driving, like it is in reality.

10. This is why I mentioned his name in the post.. ;)

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. TTM

TTM Alien

If you want a sim, hire a Finn or something like that.. :p ....Codemasters always know how to promote their games, but blaaah i don't want write more about this..

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Even me i prefer simulation game..in fact i prefer and i play RBR mods over all the others rally games..but i dont understand all this negative astonishment..all of you have played and liked DIRT RALLY..who more, who less.. DIRT4 is even better at simulation mode..so what did you expect ?? I would also prefer extreme simulation, but i will buy DIRT4 anyway and i enjoy it.

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148766113

That guy streams D4 during weekend.. in case someone still interested. He said it feels exactly like Dirt Rally when asked about it. I'm still gonna buy it and use Steam refund if I don't like how it feels compared to DR. 2h is enough to notice. Steam refunds work really well and they don't really care why you refund it, unless you use it like every day.

miky likes this.
  14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Opinions are like . . . well, you know. I'm going to check it out anyway but, even at DR levels - it should still be a fun diversion for me. Even the best Simulation in the world can't match reality and talking about which one comes closest gets really old. RBR has it's share of flaws that kill immersion for me so it's just a matter of picking one's poison I guess. :confused:;)

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Buy it people, who cares. But it doesn't make any difference in this discussion. The discusion is not about if anybody is going to buy or pass. The question is CM's direction. DR was incredible spark. And now it is pulling back to DARKADE side.

I'm still a bit dissappointed about DR, because I thought that it is going to follow usual sim title way, and going to patch and improve it along the way. I was naive, I really like DR anyway, but I just can't throw away the idea that it could be so much better.

@Dean Ogurek You said that discussions which sim is coming closest to reality is getting old. Such a nonsense really, how can it get old if thats what simulation is all about - to match the reality as closely as it can be done ?

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If Reality is the end goal - there's only one option; I get that the cost is the issue for most but, it's also the limiting factor in simulations so it's unlikely we will see massive improvements over what has been achieved to date. Less talking / more driving seems the best approach at this point. :)

miky likes this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

In rally simulation there are so much more to reach. And I think DR almost had it, two-three proper AC style updates with proper physics tweaks, and it would have been it. And reality is the main goal for sure, thats why the genre is called "simulation".

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I'm not yet fully convinced D4 has gone "more towards arcade/simcade". Lancia 037 physics might be off, but that isn't necessarily proof of deliberately going more casual, but just failing at simulating something. iRacing does that too

Going less realistic in Sim mode than DR would be against all developer promises, speeches, interviews and also all early comments from people who played DR with early codes from Codemasters. CM probably handed the codes to devoted fans, at least this Vajb guy said he has 1000+ hours in DR. And he said it feels exact same, but improved in certain areas. If it was more arcade now, I think someone would have said something. I've seen 0 comments like this from players who actually have played it, while Porkhammer said he was disappointed again with tarmac feel which felt wrong, he said in other respects it feels better than DR

I would wait for until we get hands on wheel, to make that final judgments in "more arcade than DR". Just YouTube footage doesn't necessarily say all about how it handles, could be partly driving style thing or fault at specific car model, not entire sim. Or perhaps some assists on, because simulation mode has optional ABS, TC and SC too, which can be enabled/disabled
    [​IMG]
    Regardless if player uses Sim mode. So who knows maybe these guys had some of this on

Dean Ogurek and miky like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

You are 100% correct in saying there's so much more to reach for but, there's not enough market to justify the investment; RBR proved that. I'm not against simulating Rally at a higher level, I just don't see it as being realistic given the challenges. AMS has more realistic Rally handling but, how often does it even get mentioned? Granted, it's just a bit of RallyX but, it's still a demo of what is possible with the game engine. PiBoSo may be the most likely one to expand on Rally Simulation but, that's going to take a long, long time to develop at the established rate.

iRacing is bringing RallyX simulation though, so perhaps they will expand into Rally stages too. :)

mantasisg 2 likes this.