1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I hope so, meanwhile I'd hope decent physics improvements in Dirt4, but lack of previews and attention to that mode says it all. Hopefully some other devs will save this planet.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

VVV overview, not exactly reviewed but he says 2 separate times during video (10:08 and 16:40) , that the sim handling is not as hardcore as DiRT Rally. Very very disappointing. Although there was some hints of that before. Think I'm gonna back out of buying this game. At least until someone credible like ISR or Emptybox puts out full review. Ffs Codemasters, you have this awesome stage generator now, and what you do... :(

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Thanks for posting Shred and well after reading what you wrote...

Me thinks i'll dl'd it through other channels/resources and then decide whether to buy it or not.
    Definitely not gonna' jump in blind, that's for sure.

ps. i think i was always gonna' dl'd it and then decide anyway, so don't worry about losing "sh1temasters":eek: potential sales. :D

That vid is just one big "stutterfest".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'd trust only Empty Box.

But this whole reviews business is getting skewed up lately. Just watched video from Sim Racing Paddock few days ago, and it is a joke.

ShredatorFIN and LeDude83 like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep. Completely non-transparent stuff these review blogs/sites/channels. There might be some honest and good ones without a paycheck out there but how am I supposed to know?!?
    I actually only trust a selection of forum users in here.

paulieGTR and mantasisg 2 like this.
  6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

7. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Liked for the Pololu sticker. I source a few things for my business there. Great shop. :D

Nick Moxley likes this.
  8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

the Crew over @ pololu is a great group of guys. Props to them for all the support over the years. :)

aphidgod likes this.
  9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

cerebralvortex likes this.
  10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Little teaser of the mod in action(-;

11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

80% off on Steam. I'll finally bite.

Ischemica and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

n
    not the best ffb out there, somewhat sketchy physics but fun game, amazing gravel stages. wales, finland, pikes peak and greece are all really good.
    Good sound design all around too.

spent 200h in it before i got bored of the same stages.

got my money worth out of it

gonna revisit it for some hours tho now that i can run it ultra settings at 4k, looks really good badass replays

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I did to, looking forward to some virtual reality rally.

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Yeah, and don’t forget that the Jetseat is supported here too. Immersion-overkill!! ;):p

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I installed SimShaker, which also support Dirt Rally, earlier for my buttKicker, I will start that way.:D

Mike1304 likes this.
  16. wow, great price for great game :)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

thinking of this cos uninstalled DR due to naf tarmac physics/ffb etc etc, hoping this mod fixed the title..?

18. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes, i have answer you even in rfpe steam section(-; this mod for me is even better then rfpe..and the creator of the (alternate-physics) have confirmed that the mod is continuosly in developement and in fact there are some new cars physics that i can test in a few days(-;

paul_wev and Dean Ogurek like this.
  19. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

This is a answer by creator of (alternate-physics) "added mass to the cars to account for driver weight and fuel, so tires will dig in better. This also improves weight transfer and should also be easier to induce oversteer on braking"

Dean Ogurek and paul_wev like this.
  20. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Only for tarmac physics? :D

I bought the game for 10€ from the sale because I've kept eye on it and sim-racing community says it's a simcade and the bravest claimed it is a sim. I haven't been more disappointed in a game for a while. This game is absolutely 100% arcade title and I can't believe how I expected something else from the Codies. And I am not saying it's arcade because minor things but the handling and physics is absolutely something you find from a Nintendo's Mario Kart title or similar (designed for gaming pads) where grip never has to build up, it's instant and there's A LOT of it. The cars in this game ON GRAVEL have more grip and faster transient response than almost any car in Assetto Corsa ON TARMAC. Grip and response made it feel like driving a F1 car in AC. Cars are absolutely missing the concept of inertia and you can slalom ON GRAVEL with extremely fast transient response without a hint of oversteer or understeer. The lateral Gs are almost exactly linearly dependent on steering input and that's what titles like Mario Kart do. I had no patience to install any "realistic physics" mods to this game because that's how disappointed I was. I uninstalled and refunded it after half a hour of use. If someone claims that cars handle on gravel like they do in this game, he hasn't driven on gravel in his entire life.

MsportDAN likes this.