1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Disable G-Force Effects?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tommi karsikas, Apr 15, 2014.

1. I searched from high and low, but for some odd reason just could'nt find an answer to this.

How do you disable G-Force effects when using "Lock Camera to Horizon"?

Even if you turn all the G-Force effects off from ingame menu, the effects are still there.
    When the camera moves up or down depending if you're going uphill or downhill, or moves to the side in a highspeed corner and sometimes even stays off aligned after the corner, this makes it really uncomfortable to use "Lock Camera to Horizon" feature especially with small, real as possible FOV.
    The whole driving experience becomes inaccurate and feels "floaty".

This is why I have to keep this feature off, to get the most accurate feel for the cars. It gets awefully shaky with combos that has cars with hard suspension and bumby tracks.

I know that human eye and brain corrects most of the shakes and bumbs so that we dont turn totally useless when walking or riding a bike for example. Mimicing this behavior has always been part of simulation making, and if there is a way to more in depth to play with these settings (??.ini) I would like to give it a go.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G-Force Effects Disabled in VR Nov 5, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to disable the excessive speed alert in turns Nov 17, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS5 - Driver swap seems to be forced even though disabled in the settings Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Cannot disable Reshade in VR Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 197] [Disabled page file - don't do it kids] Aug 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface Option to disable car mirros but maintain virtual mirror only Mar 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Interior rear camera screen always off [Mirrors disabled] Sep 17, 2021
    ACC User Interface can overview map black "dot" be disabled? Aug 20, 2021
    Chit Chat Room VR performance with PP enabled and disable reset vr view Feb 1, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [1.6.6]DSQ from race with penalties disabled Jan 24, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room "Every Lap Counts" Racing League for the Physically Disabled Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture! [Windows swap file misconfiguration/disabled] Nov 8, 2020
    ACC User Interface Performance Difference between Fullscreen enabled/disabled? Nov 1, 2020

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

isn't lock to horizon annoying anyway?

4. Nao

Nao Alien

There is no way to turn off all the shaking because everything comes from the idea of having viewpoint glued to horizon, there are no additional "effects" (when you have g-force effects, and speed shake at 0).

I agree this can a problem for low FOV and stiff cars thou. And it could probably be resolved with a mod that moves the pivot point of "lock to horizon" option forward (half a distance from the eyepoint to the dashboard would be enough). And maybe with an option to free rotation (longitudal) axis.
    I don't know if its currently possible thou, as "lock to horizon" may be currently hardcoded, and unmodable.

edit:
    It's the best thing since sliced bread!

5. plaid

plaid Alien

You want it good? You want it real? Look for the Real Head Motion mod in its thread. You can adjust the filtering/reactions from pitches and rolling, without the problems from onlock cam... .
    So something between onlock camera to horizon on and off!

Honestly: With it I think with both visions AC sucks. Both felt wrong and the fiddling with the G-Forces didnt help.
    Experience improved dramaticly, for me at least.

Its a matter of how you like it combined of controllability.

I set the G-Forces on 0.5-1.0 (later for lateral movement).
    Pitch and Rollfilter on 50-75%.

Ah: Look to apex and if your a paduser looking around with the right stick is included and adjustable, too.

6. Thanks for the replies. Plaid I'll give that mod a go, and report my experiences here. Usually the Real Head Motion mods tends to be like NFS Shift crap, which was just horrible, but since you say that this is very customizable, I have high hopes. :oops:

Nahkamarakatti likes this.