1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Crossplay Discussion Dec 14, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Position and Ergonomics Feb 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Dec 29, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Ferrari Driver Expert - Open Discussion Oct 15, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AI (no reports) Mar 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [1.7] Ai Discussion Feb 10, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Discussion about car damage Dec 22, 2020
    ACC Physics Tyre behaviour discussion. Aug 31, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing AC vs. ACC Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC physics and depth of simulation discussion Aug 2, 2020
    ACC Physics Discussing the BMW M6 GT3 Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing GT4 in ACC Jul 21, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Discussing MP Mixed-Class Racing - GT3/GT4 Jul 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on consoles - Discussion Jun 12, 2020

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

That sounds interesting, and lets one hope for a better future for rF2. I wish them the best.

Kristaps, jonnyboy_99 and emha76 like this.
  4. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

I hope to start doing some laps in rF2 when VR is on again.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Great news. It really is about time with dx11. I wonder when they will implement it. ISI really shot themselves in the foot. Whether they like it or not these days eye candy matters to so many and allot of these sim racers simple gave there money elsewhere to the likes of Kunos...

snyperal and Patrik Marek like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was hoping that they would announce the LS version of Nordschleife into RF2 or that they are going to change to unreal 4 engine. :(

7. From Race Department

So more than a collaboration.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    rycil and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  8. ISI sold the source code for RF1 to Reiza and have now sold the Rf2 brand (including source code) which means they should have a good bit of capitol to fund whatever project they are currently working on. It will be in Studio 397's best interest to take the rf2 assets and turn them into the killer endurance racing sim that it should have been all along; seems like a win win for everybody.

9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

So, everyone who was working on rf2 in Michigan is staying in Michigan to work on a brand new, totally different project. Everything rf2 related - the intellectual property, brand, etc is going to the Netherlands at newly formed Studio 397. Am I missing something here? How is this a partnership? Luminis effectively bought rf2 (and everything related to rf2) and is putting it into a new company called Studio 397. The ISI people are still staying at ISI in Michigan and will no longer have anything to do with rF2.

Octane, jonnyboy_99 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your right that Luminis fully owns Studio 397, but the ISI guys working on content moved to the newly founded studio in Appeldoorn.

If they manage to present a comprehensive Sim, KUNOS has a true competitor...
    AC2 anyone? ;)

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

A replay from Marcel Offermans at RD:

Involved they (ISI) still are, both because we have a very good and close relationship with them and because Studio 397 will still use their development skills for specific projects. But roadmap, future development and content licensing is all done at Studio 397.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I hope rfactor get a little boost and get more popular than it is now. I wonder how the ones on their forum gonna feel about it if it becomes popular, when it went to steam it was..well.. awkward to read. If anyone remember the discussion about zandvoort not being laserscanned, multiple that by 20.

snyperal and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

worst thing that could possibly happen, perhaps the only thing more pointless than updating an old graphics engine i make fun of is when these clueless sim devs put valuable time addressing physics issues i complain about.

JusTiCe8 likes this.
  14. magzire

magzire Alien

That sim failed so bad but on paper it looks like it's got everything, shame.

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Do any of you still play rFactor 2? I haven't touched it in a long time, just started it up again today after reading of the collaboration between ISI and Luminis. It still didn't feel very good on my G25, but I remember the content being really inconsistent, so maybe I just happened to use something old. Could anyone point me to a car/track combo the properly represents the current state of rF2?

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

For example the Brabham at old Spa.
    Or the Skippy.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Hmm, the Skippy is the one I tried yesterday, on Lime Rock Park and a short configuration of "Suzuka". I still don't get a lot of feel trough my wheel (Multiplier set to shortly before clipping & track grip medium), so I guess I'll just have to wait it out until I upgrade to a wheel with more torque. Too bad (for me), I somehow really want to like rF2.

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  18. Stereo

Stereo Alien

From the way the conversation was going it seemed more like they were getting into the open wheel side of things. Though maybe that's more "what we want" than "what the company decides to do".

19. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Rfactor 2 really needs a new graphic engine.

softslider and Vel like this.
  20. Vel

Vel Simracer

'Tried the demo version via steam. Was surprised as much as shocked by the experience, or lack there of :confused::(

xedrox likes this.
  21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For me it ran like crap for what it was so I abandoned it a while ago. I used it mostly after going from rf1 to rf2 but reiza have done much better with rf1 code then ISI ever did with rf2.

I think the poor horse is already dead and it got well a pretty fair beating. Now its been sold off but I dont think this is the glue factory. :D

nate likes this.