1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0 Gamer

Thanks Stefan!

2. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Is a bit expensive, no ? 15€ for only 5 cars :(
    I saw there are a new damage system that great but for the moment only on GT3 pack cars. I hope they will upgrade some other cars.

4. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Iceracing charges us 11 for a single car... and considering the quality of this gt3 pack, i'd say it's an absolute steal. Believe me, it's not just the outstanding gorgeous models. The sound and especially the handling and ffb is just superb. The cars def. don't feel the same. They all have distinct characteristics.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Yes I've no doubt on quality, but if I-Racing is more expensive (and I don't have it for this reason) AC give more for less and quality too is here ;)
    Finally, The good price is the price where you are ready to the purchase. I was interested but there it will be without me this time :(

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Also, don't forget that iRacing requires constant monetary outlay; the second you stop the subscription, you lose all access to the service, the content you paid for, everything. The less you use it, the more expensive it is to maintain.

Also, consider what S397 is doing by taking on a project like rF2; in order to monetize it and make it worth their investment, there has to be some DLC and / or online e-racing service to make it pay off for them. It's hard enough to build a title from scratch but, maybe even harder to attempt to resurrect something that was essentially near death when they acquired it. The further up the Sim-ladder they go, the harder the challenges to make it work and iRacing works as well as it does because it excels in competitive online racing.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  7. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Agreed.
    But it is a vicious circle. More expensive is, less owner's you have -> less owners you have, more expensive you must sell your DLC etc... :/
    Except if you have already a hard base of owners like I-Racing (mainly if they lose all their investissements :p)
    But this commercial way is not in DNA of R-Factor, remember lifetime licence ;)

8. konnos

konnos Simracer

Wow something just crossed my mind, imagine if iRacing just vanished tomorrow. The sheer amount of hate speeches and all these people flooding to other racing titles with their elitist behaviour towards anything non-iRacing. Nightmare.

9. What's this thread about again ?

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Just got the new GT3's. The physics feel very good. Full marks for sure.

Nice to drive a complete car in rF2.

mad_dog likes this.
  11. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

12. Anyone got any upto date screenshots of the AMG GT3? Does it looks as horrendous in game as it does in the promo screens, or has it been fixed? Looks like they really ****ed up on smoothing groups, support loops or weighted normals for panel gaps (however they do it for rf2, I don't know). Wouldn't take much to fix it...

[​IMG]

nate likes this.
  13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh really!!

I have to try it. Did you drive it?

16. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

Iv played many diffrent racing games an ill say that A.C is king. The physic are unmatched an makes gran turismo an forza seem like childs play in way .

Iv never have played the r factor series but they look very impressive from what iv seen. I'll see say this i love the new cars A.C is adding every few months.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  17. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

Watch "This 1200hp, Triple-Turbo McLaren Scares The Hell Out Of Me" on YouTube

Check this freak out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  18. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Not yet. I'm not very motivated on starting up rF2 at the moment, but I hear it should be quite good, but I also read that there may be some more work needed on the tyres. But that's all second hand information by this point :)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just discovered steam workshops, and downloaded Knutstorp circuit. Raced Vette against AI, with a bit of rain. It was really good.

Dark Lotus, vegaguy 5555 and mad_dog like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Knutstorp circuit? I haven't heard of it. Will have to check it out. Thanks!

Dark Lotus and mantasisg 2 like this.