1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It has more weight at the rear than some mid-engined cars. Not only the engine is far back but the transmission is at the rear axle instead of being bolted to the engine. Imo what the driver would feel when describing rotation would be more the yaw inertia than weight distribution though.

Edit : Holy s**t that was a month ago. Sorry.o_O

IgnacioKotas and liakjim like this.
  2. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

3. I have mixed feelings about KartSim.

The DLC costs 20€ and includes two cars: rental version is total disaster and X30 is pretty much just a paid advertisement of KartSim's professional version.

Pros:
    - X30 drives exceptionally well
    - FFB is brilliant
    - Laserscanned tracks are very well done

Cons:
    - Price
    - Rental kart is total disaster
    - 3d models look bad, driver model really bad
    - X30 is very restricted. Almost fully fixed setup (for us "consumers")
    - Light on content

If that's how S397 will operate in the future, they will shoot themself in the foot.

nate and Eero like this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Wow, thats pricey. I suppose it is so expensive because it is expected to be very low in sales, or they are trying to lure in iRacing fans, because iracing fans thinks of high price as part of immersion :D

Really weird to hear that pro kart is simulated well, but "entertainment" kart is poorly simulated, if it is so.

I've seen one screenshot, kart model seemed ok to me, but the driver looked like he is really ill.

LChaves likes this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe the driver is modeled as a young kid, keep that in mind when judging the driver model

6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Those screenshots... I just always feel the lighting and glare/reflection/shadow in RF2 looks weird, but can't explain why.
    I'm not being negative here; just I genuinely wanna know technically what it is that makes me feel so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Rfactor 2 has a strange colour palette imo.

nate likes this.
  8. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Good stuff coming judging by the latest Roadmap(s). I do enjoy driving rF2 so I'm keeping this title in my play-list for sure. AC and AMS get the majority of my attention but, rF2 has some very strong aspects that I find hard to ignore and I always retire from my sessions in rF2 feeling good about the experience - even if a bit limited in some ways.

I just hope they sort out the falling rain-effect as it's currently way too dominant graphically; it makes using the rain feature intolerable for me as it is now.

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  10. SunBro

SunBro Alien

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

I think the issue your seeing with the shadows is that they don't flicker and crap like they do in AC so they actually look more real in rF2 and your just used to flickering crappy AC shadows ;)

liakjim likes this.
  12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Too bad there is no haha rating here.

13. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

14. plaid

plaid Alien

I consider RFactor 2 cause its the only sim capable of offline endurance/multiclass races it seems. But Im a bit worried that these races highly depent on the content.

What I would like to do is recreate races like Nür/LeMans/Spa 24h, Bathurst 12h etc. with most of the cars* (while rather 3-6 hour races, unless I save it between) But Im not sure that like in PCars2 the AI can't figure out a efficent pitstrategy and maybe faster classes overtake slower ones and don't get stuck, BUT they are far worse than the player. In both cases it makes winning easy, unless you put the AI level higher than yours.
    Compared to that daytransition/night and (dynamic) weather are rather minor things (imo).

Could anyone who experienced many or at least a bunch of those how well they actually work?

*Are there mod cars to recreate a somehow realistic Nür24h grid?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  15. BigFW

BigFW Racer

I have run a 70 car grid on the Nords 2.30 24Hr Mod track. S397 GT3, S397 350ZGT4, Mod BTCC, S397 Clio Cup. Also a GT3 and BTCC mix at Bathurst.

The faster cars don't do too bad going past traffic but on the tighter tracks like Nords they can get a bit stuck. The worse cases are fastest vs slowest. GT3 vs BTCC is not too bad but against the Clio's can be worse, again depending where they meet on the track. But to be fair in real life there can also be some major blockages...

Pit Strategy - I don't think you can rely on any Startegy from the AI. I tend to just increase fuel usage to force stops and then do what they do (ie change tyres even if not needed) so I don't just go jumping ahead. That way it just comes down to in out laps and the random slight variation when stopped. by just using fuel I tend to stop around the same laps.

Yes you have probably got to judge what level to put the AI at but it can still be enjoyable and with the resume from replay you can run longer races (real time).

Looking forward to the Endruance Pack which will bring official P2/P3/GTE class cars.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  16. emha76

emha76 Gamer

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Anyone bought and actually tested the endurance pack?
    I did.
    Well, test the RSR side by side on a comparable track, Silverstone GP comes to mind.
    A total disaster S397....
    Even the LM spec, low downforce car in AC whipes the flour with this pack...
    So sad, so unnecessary.
    Telling from day one sales Studio 397 will not be around any longer.

18. Hmmm, I wasn't all that impressed either. Not sure why they decided to put their resources into the Kart and formula e for content (can't imagine too many people are into that) instead of upgrading and tracks the last few months, but I think it may have hurt them for sure.

19. Hany

Hany Alien

I disagree, the porsche drives much more realistic in rf2. This is coming from an ac fanboy.

That car in rf2 screams porsche while in ac its something else with very low traction.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

20. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Sorry, but your conversing out of an orifice there, I love AC to bits and the rF2 endurance pack is pretty damm good to be honest.

Tested all 5 on my go to track of Brands Hatch (as it's my favourite, plus it's my local circuit and been going there for 40 years) to eliminate any variables.

The RSR is definitely comparable to AC's version, sounds are top notch too.. really screams. Other cars are pretty fun and rewarding to drive, pack gets a thumbs up from me.

Plus, willing a studio to close, classy.

John, Methee, emha76 and 1 other person like this.