1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Enabling "Slow speed"-physics

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dessu, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dessu

Dessu Racer

If the "slow speed/ zero speed" physics is modelled, it would be nice to have an option to enable it via the config file.
    I know there is good reasons why Kunos uses more simplified physics mode when the car is standing still.

But within "experimental" minds it would be nice to have this option to see how the vehicles behave .
    It would make things little more "dynamic" :rolleyes:

BerScott likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Enabling DLAA in ACC Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer driver name option enabling Apr 23, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Enabling controller for pit stops on console Nov 22, 2020
    ACC User Interface Enabling the dash display on the HUD Jul 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Will Enabling HDR via Windows 10 Impact Performance in ACC? Aug 18, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Enabling AI Control via Ctrl-C and disabling it again disables FFB for that session Apr 30, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Enabling autoblip for your online races! Mar 27, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues No downshift sounds on most dlc cars. (solved: enabling autoblip) Mar 13, 2015
    Suggestions Launcher option for enabling/disabling car and track mods Mar 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Screenshot app: please allow that to unlock without enabling all developer apps Oct 17, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Slow down GT2s Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Slowmo Replay bug Dec 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Physics Game makes my car slower about 1s. Dec 10, 2022

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

???

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Mostly what would happen is while you're in the pits (with UI up, can't control the car) you'd start rolling if the pits are at all sloped.

5. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

Do you want to divide by zero? Because that's how you divide by zero.
    [​IMG]

:p

6. deci

deci Simracer

i bought AC and my first FFB wheel just a couple of month ago. the first thing that took me out of it and confused me, was the feeling of the wheel when standing still.
    when you are moving a real steering wheel left/right while standing, it will naturally spring back a little. i guess the rubber of the tires is getting deformed while they turn on the ground and then spring back, make the steering go back again?

i am sure everyone knows what i mean, but its weird to describe it with words.
    this has of course absolutely no influence on racing and as was mentioned before AC devs decided to change slow speed physics for whatever reasons, but there are other racing sims that have this springy feel and for the lack of the correct words... standing tire dynamics and it feels very natural and realistic without causing any problems.

i don't mind that AC does not have this, it would be a cute little detail to have, but it does not diminish my experience with AC, which i personally favor over the other racing sim that has the correct standing physics.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    Open assetto_corsa and change
    [LOW_SPEED_FF]
    SPEED_KMH=3 ; Under this speed the reduction will start
    MIN_VALUE=0.01 ; The FF multiplier for 0kmh.
    Im not exactly sure which values to change but try it out. :)

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
    DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920

I think damper_min_level set to around 0.1 will change the feeling when not moving too.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Dessu

Dessu Racer

Well for those situations, there could be this simplified physics or just automated braking, until you start driving.

I just had this whole idea when i was playing LFS after long time. Amazed how the car wobbles on its wheels from the torque of the engine when revving standing still , or when you make 180 degree handbrake turn and the car wobbles as it naturally would do as the tyres flex around.
    Now in AC it just "freezes" and it feels little dull.
    I'm just asking for experimental option in the config file to enable these physics if they are already modelled, but not used because these little "problems" they bring.

I hope you understand what am i saying as english is not my native language. :)

Xenix and LeDude83 like this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I understand now. I think @kofotsjanne gave you all the advice there is. Have fun testing.

10. Dessu

Dessu Racer

I think what he posted refers to the "feeling" of the steering wheel, which Deci wanted. I dont think it enables any hidden physics.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  11. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Also, I think:

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0

DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 <-- THIS EFFECTS...

[LOW_SPEED_FF]
    SPEED_KMH=3

MIN_VALUE=0.01 <-- ... THIS

So, if you have your DAMPER_GAIN set low at 0.1 because you prefer a lighter wheel, the MIN_VALUE needs to be 10x larger (I think)

12. jerzem

jerzem Gamer

[FF_EXPERIMENTAL] and [LOW_SPEED_FF] ... is NOT that, was @Dessu asked. This enties are only for the behavior of the Force Feedback of the wheel. LOW_SPEED_FF conns how much falls the FF strange below the speed entry to zerro and FF_EXPERIMENTAL has no tangible effect.

He aked about the physics effekt below 2 km/h. After this speed the car be blocked sudden and no rolls down the hill and the springs follow simplified physics too. He asked about a "Button" or a entry in a .ini file to change this from simplified to normal physics about 2 km/h. I have the same problem and that sux.