1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

End Wheel Travel.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by vegaguy 5555, Aug 17, 2017.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Hi guys!

Is there a way to set damping for the end of wheel travel? I know in a real car the wheel begins to stiffen as all the linkage starts to bind. I guess not so much on a rack and pinion but it definitely does not jump when using anything less than 900 degrees the way my Fanatec v2 does.

Do other wheels jump when coming to the end of travel?

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel buttons sending mouse clicks to game Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Recommended Wheel Settings Sticky? Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality [1.2.3]After session end, escape button on wheel in VR won't advance to next session. Aug 5, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Eratic Wheel Movement Ended Up Stuck Right Nov 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Wheel Stand user recommendations Jun 22, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions What Wheel Would You Recommend ? Mar 31, 2017
    Suggestions Extended wheel settings Dec 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Recommended wheel for assetto?? Nov 9, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Awd sending power to only one wheel from rear Nov 7, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues 2 wheels and the game sends me boxes... bug? Apr 3, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wheels are rendered in mirrors Dec 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Recommend a good cheap wheel? Mar 25, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Nords24hr LFM: Secends per Frame Apr 8, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold medal endurance races Mar 25, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT2 Enduro light bug Jan 28, 2024

3. Disable softlock in the assetto_corsa ini by changing the 1 to a zero.

[SOFT_LOCK]
    ENABLED=0

Or change your antivirus software again.

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

But the wheel will turn farther than the front wheels. Is there a way to keep the lock?

5. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

You can either keep the soft lock on and have it violently bounce off the soft lock or you can turn it off and have the wheel turn more than it needs to. In most instances you shouldn't ever need to turn the wheel far enough for it to matter so it shouldn't really be an issue (at least in my experience, open-wheelers may be an exception), I run with it off.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  6. If you can't feel when your wheel is no longer doing anything it might be time to go tweak on your FFB so more. (or update Bitdefender, you never know....)

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I think I try tuning it off now that I have a better feel of the road now.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I know it doesn't help you out in this case but, it's worth noting that DD wheels have the ability to adjust how the end-stops behave through dampening / ramp functions.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Bitdefener is gone. I just use Windows defender and melwearsbits. Everything is fast and smooth now. My computer turns on in a fraction of the time now.

10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh really!! A DD wheel is what I'm getting next for sure. Especially after hearing what Wolfgang had to say.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

That means changing settings for each car tho', correct?

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If you use full lock while cornering, your doing it wrong. Mind your slip angle!

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

No - not at all; the end-stop behavior is a part of the DD-wheel system design as they have no hard-stops in place unlike other steering systems. It's all controlled electronically through the controller and motor directly.

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

It's common to think that people are "hyping" something when they express excitement regarding new things but, having owned DD-wheels for the last couple of years, I can confirm it's not hype, it's the real deal! :)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

If you set MMOS to have a max rotation of 1080 degrees and the car you're driving in AC has a lock-to-lock of 900, how does that work?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  16. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I guess that may have sounded sarcastic but it wasn't.:)

17. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It's not a problem while driving. It just pulls me out of the of the moment when I touch it once in a while.

Soft lock? They should call it shock lock!:)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Soft-Lock in games is generally meant to compensate for the difference between the hardware rotation setting and the car's real-life steering lock. It's an adaptive feature designed to reduce the need for having to set such adjustments manually per car.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Not always, full opposite lock drifting at max speed can be fun :)

vegaguy 5555 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

It is fun but a little changing when the wheel is bouncing off the lock. At least that's what happens with my Fanatec v2.

Maybe it's a wheel adjustment? I guess I should ask in the official Fanatec thread?

Do other brands jump off lock? It doesn't do that in rF2. Although the wheel dose seem to jump once in a while in rF2 for no reason that I can see. Maybe I'll ask about over there?

21. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

In AMS my deg of rotation is altered in TM software which I guess is an easy way to have proper lock, like you can do manually per car in AC. AC's soft lock isnt worthwhile IMO. I dont drift so never notice my wheels extra rotation beyond what the car of choice should allow. I used to adjust TM and AC deg manually but dont bother any more.