1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fanatec Clubsport base v2 vs. v2.5...users feedback before I buy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Apr 3, 2017.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

So...yeah ;) I am taking the plunge, going into debt, and buying a TM TS-PC wheel and a Fanatec Clubsport base+whatever wheel I can find cheap for testing. My question to you Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 wheelbase is...

What exactly is better about the v2.5 over the v2?

Various reviewers online have stated everything from motor tweaks to firmware changes to the "DRi" mode in the tuning menu...but is the v2.5 really a step up in FFB quality from the already smooth and reliable v2 base?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase Jul 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport Pedals - Brake Settings (Damping Unit) Apr 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2 Steering Angle Nov 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problemi Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport v3 brake pedal too easy to fully depress Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD1 & ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 - mph? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport Pedal V3 rumble motors Apr 26, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 Button Numbering Mar 20, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Clubsport V3 configuration Jan 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport F1 V2 Rim / FlagLEDs Jan 4, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How to increase Fanatec ClubSport base v2 motor strength? Jan 1, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec clubsport v3 inverted - pedals Oct 18, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Heres a review about it

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  4. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

i tell u in italian... vivi sereno

Motorsports likes this.
  5. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

There are several interesting options to get into a Direct-drive system for just a bit more money. If you are not open to a DIY project, then consider waiting until Fanatec releases their DD base.

detoit and Cote Dazur like this.
  6. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

If you are asking because you want to buy a new V2 or 2.5 then it's OBE. I believe that Fanatec stated that orders for the V2 would be fulfilled with the 2.5. If you use the comparison option on the website the sampling rate of the v2.5 seems to be double of the v2. The inside sim racing TMTSPC review said that the v2 was the best when compared to TMTSPC and Fanatec Elite.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The 2.5 is significantly cheaper and better in just about any way. So there is no discussion, if you want a CSW, go for the v2.5. ;)

However: if you are going to buy a Thrustmaster anyway, my suggestion would be to only buy that for the moment (unless you need a second wheel) and wait a bit more.
    Fanatec will most likely bring out a direct drive wheel this year (speculations which are supported by statements of Fanatecs CEO).
    Surely the v2.5 price adaption (v2 was 750€, v2.5 is 550€) is linked to that.

Of course I don't know how the pricing of the Fanatec DD will be and if it will be worth it, but if you can wait, I as a DD user can only suggest to wait and see.

andrea_gi and F430_458_F12 like this.
  8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Hi Kofots! Good to see you again! I saw that review a few days ago...Shaun is the best. But he kind of didn't say in specific terms what is really better about the 2.5 base. I mean, he's a sponsor so he's got to be careful what he says about gear...plus, as a public reviewer, he's kind of got to gush on Fanatec gear anyway, and these reasons cut down on the critical aspect of his review. That's why I wanted to know what the community here thought...get the unscripted take on things :)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

I don't want or need a direct drive wheel, but I appreciate the info. As for the v2.5, a higher sampling rate and improved DRi coding is...not worth the wait or money for me, if that's all they improved about the wheel. And isn't the 550 just an introductory price for the v2.5, just like they did for the v2 a few years ago?

10. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

LOL! I don't speak Italian, Andrea :D

11. TDS

TDS Alien

the biggest thing they did is to make the motor run with less dampening (more low level details and marginally faster rotation), the 1000hz tick means nothing when the games send 360hz (AMS), 333hz (AC) or even 60-144hz monitor refresh rate(IRaping) to the wheel lol, v2 500hz was plenty, all the rest is marketing BS afaik, motor runs exactly same Nm as v2.

12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

After watching a recent Shaun's review of some very dubious Fanatec brake pedal mod I wouldn't put a lot of trust in any of his reviews anymore. I'm not saying that he's being paid for those praising reviews, but I've got some serious concerns about his qualification as a hardware reviewer.

13. TDS

TDS Alien

i have to agree. When he said that in AC highlands track cobblestones and tarmac ffb differences, implying that only v2.5 would show them or show them better than v2.. even with g27 that surface differences was crystal clear to feel in the wheel and probably more accentuated and stronger cobblestone efx than my csw v2 hehehehe. (slip road and kerbs all at zero with both wheels)

XettMan and F430_458_F12 like this.
  14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

TDS...nicely put. In fact, I just purchased a mint v2 base from a friend based on what you said. I prefer some dampening to the rim, actually, and do not want the least mechanical resistance in the base as per my driving style.

15. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Would that be that review of the mod that raises the pedal resolution rate? Honestly that video creeped me out.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks, you too!

Have you tried to join the Fanatec forums and see if someone have changed from a v2 to a v2.5? I dont know how the enviroment is, maybe alot of fanboys so you wont get to know anything anyway, but its worth a try if you havent already.

17. TDS

TDS Alien

you can still control the "dampening", (speed of the wheel is more accurate statetment) ammount by changing dri setting. 001 to 002 feels great all around(race/drift) i personally use 001.
    at 003 or more feels too alien fast to me. With dri off feels to dampened/numb to me.
    Dri setting also changes linearity A LOT!
    these are my settings:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...els-official-thread.3294/page-103#post-854647

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not sure. I know that at the beginning the v2 did cost around that but was reserved to be bought by previous customers (I had a code as well but wasn't interested back then).

Anyway, for 550, I think the v2.5 is a no-brainer, if you can invest that sort of money.
    It's superior to the v2 and there is no consumer wheel that can compete with it. Everything above is non-standard and expensive DD drive.

19. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

TOTALLY AGREE

20. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

I USE ON WHEEL FFB 60 FOR 150 DRI 02 (CSW FIRMWARE 204) SO I HAVE A LINEAR RESPONSE IN WHEELCHEK, PLUS 100 FFB ON ac....WITH THESE SETTINGS I HAVE NO CLIPPING AT ALL AND MAXIMUN POWER OUTPUT (ALMOST)

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  21. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

google translate