1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Favourite North American Circuit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Linus27, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Before I begin, this is not a wish list or related in anyway to AC content.

So, I was watching the MotoGP at the weekend at COTA and it got me thinking, North America has some really decent race circuits. I'm not a fan of COTA but I'm interested in hearing what others favourite tracks are. So just for fun, post up your favourite 3 and if you want to explain why then go ahead. Mine are,

1. Sebring - Not sure why I love Sebring as its pretty flat but the look, feel and bumps just do it for me. The last corner is just so brilliant. In some ways it has a street circuit feel about it in places with the concrete walls being so close and tight corners. Always enjoyed driving this circuit in various sims.

2. Long Beach - I love street circuits and this ticks all the boxes. The last sequence of corners is great as is the long curved main straight into the tight left hand turn 1.

3. Sonoma Raceway - Such a rollercoaster of a circuit and so challenging. I love how it climbs at the start, the back end is twisty but its still a fast circuit.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Favourite & Worst track Jul 24, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #143 - Ur favourite? Aug 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Favourite server pattern Aug 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer private server save option / favourite server May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Easily my favourite FFB experience ever May 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series favourites target glory Down Under Feb 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Favourites being deleted Jun 29, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    News and Announcements Vote your favourite car for the upcoming Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack! Jun 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite GT3 Cars? Jun 16, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Losing favourites Apr 14, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game stuck on Populating Favourites Mar 1, 2017

3. Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber, Homesteads road configs are actually really good, Mid Ohio, Mosport and obviously Watkins Glen and VIR :p
    All these are pretty awesome tracks to be honest. And almost non of them are completely FIA nudered so theres lots of grass and gravel in run off areas :)

Most of them are just very fun to drive and very fast tracks with a unique set of corners at each of them. Oak tree at VIR, the kink at Road America, Mosport and pretty much every one of the corners, ...
    In regards to VIR and Mid Ohio, they're just pure technical tracks but are great tracks once you know them.

4. Watkins Glen
    VIR
    Laguna Seca
    COTA
    Sebring
    Mid-Ohio
    Road Atlanta
    Road America
    Lime Rock
    Sonoma
    Barber
    Mosport
    Daytona Road Course

No idea how I would pick a favorite or even top three out of those.

Dessu and Jebus like this.
  5. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

In no particular order: Sebring, Laguna Seca, COTA.

Have good memories on iracing at Sebring and Laguna Seca. Both fun tracks with good possibilities to overtake. Unlike many so it seems I do like COTA which has all kinds of interesting type of corners, and I don't care if it has similar corners to other circuits. I also like Long Beach and Road Atlanta but would prefer the above mentioned circuits.

6. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I have a soft spot for Portland International Raceway. Unfortunately it’s underrepresented in sim racing with the exception of Automobilista.
    Would love to see it in other sims.

However I would take every other north american circuit as they are all very nice.

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

This + Belle Isle

8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Road America, Watkins Glen, Sebring. I'm genuinely surprised no legit mods of Watkins and Sebring exist in AC, if I were a track modder those are some of the first tracks I'd go after. We have a lot of random mod tracks that very few people have heard of but these legends are nowhere to be found. o_O

9. @LilSki is working on a Watkins so we will have the next best thing to a vanilla scanned version.

10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Watkins Glen
    VIR
    Road America
    Daytona Road Course

11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I'm ashamed to admit it, but other than VIR, I don't really know American tracks very well (I am American). I got into sim driving with the Simbin offerings. I remember a few mods of Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca (and a fairly inaccurate VIR) etc, but that's about it. So right now, VIR and Lilki's 3 tracks are the only ones I know well enough.

Looking forward to LilSki's Watkens Glen and Kunos' Laguna Seca so I can get familiar with those. :)

12. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Sears point
    Infineon
    Sonoma
    :D

F2kSel likes this.
  13. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Road America.

14. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Watkins glen, we badly need a mod version on assetto..

Sonoma like op says it's a rollercoaster..

Would be a split for third with cota and road America..

But given only one choice Watkins glen would be my pick..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Right, but knowing how long it takes to make a track I'm not anticipating a release anytime soon (hopefully I'm wrong!). Certainly looking forward to it though, if anyone can do it right he can.

16. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

In no particular order:

• Mid Ohio
    • Circuit Mont-Tremblant
    • Westwood Motorsport Park
    • Putnam Park

St3fan and MrDeap like this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

These 3:
    Barber MSP
    Watkins Glen
    Lime Rock
    and these 3:
    Mosport
    NJMP (Lightning)
    Sonoma
    and these 3:
    Bridgehampton
    RIR
    Palmer MSP
    and these 3:
    Road Atlanta
    VIR
    Mont Tremblant
    and many other 3's as well... there are/were some fantastic tracks in North America!

18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Watkins because of the historic F1 connection. Elkhart Lake as it's a classic track that's managed somehow to keep its layout almost unchanged.

For F1 Montreal Notre Dame Island is a great venue and COTA has some interesting features for an FIA grade 1 track.

19. Possibly Calabogie, will let you know in a month :p

20. Octane

Octane Simracer

Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, and Daytona Road Course. It would be nice to simulate race tracks that I've attended.

sidenote: the race at Watkins Glen was called "The Bud at the Glen" (Budweiser). It rained hard for 2 days before the race and somebody marked through the B on Bud on a large sign entering the infield and made it an M, so it was "The Mud at the Glen". The infield and camping were swamps so it was very appropriate. so sorry...just one of my (fun) raceday memories that's hard to forget.

21. Orne

Orne Alien

Barber is amazing. It reminds me a lot of Bilsterberg just larger with a greater range of elevation changes. Road Atlanta is really fast with a nice flow

Road Atlanta
    Barber Motorsports Park
    Lime Rock
    Watkins Glen
    Road America
    Sonoma
    Laguna Seca

Mid Ohio - wow what a great track. Just drove it for the first time. So many great turns on such a small course

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017