1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feature request: hotlap against a different ghost car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spectator6, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Spectator6

Spectator6 Rookie

Rather than always have the ghost car match the car that's currently being driven, it would be neat if the user could set the ghost car to a different laptime best. For example, it'd be nice to be able to drive the LaFerrari against my best McLaren P1 ghost car. Because there's more to a track run than the final count, it would be neat to directly see how certain corners, etc are handled differently between each car.

As a sidenote, being able to share ghost cars would be cool. Like, say a friend always beats you on a certain track. He could share his ghost car file with you and you could effectively "race" against his time to see where he's picking up seconds.

BerScott, liakjim, LChaves and 12 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature Request: Add FCY and SC Mode as server admin commands Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Feature request: map analog axis to digital function? Aug 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Replay mode feature request]Race time, session, time of day HUD element on replays and other May 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature request: audible signal for "Drive" being prepared in CP-race Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Feature Request: Look Back Apr 28, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Feature request: Ignition switch animation Mar 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Feature request: look to MoTeC binding Oct 29, 2018
    ACC User Interface Feature request - "Look to mirror" binding Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Feature Request] Default FFB Wheel Setup Oct 1, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Feature Request: Compare setups Sep 26, 2018
    ACC General Discussions VR Feature Request (Dash Light Dimming) Sep 19, 2018

3. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Yeah, I was going to post such thread myself.
    It's nice to compare different cars and how they behave in detail on the track, even if you have a general idea what are the main differences.
    Sharing a ghost is also nice.
    Maybe such an option is not available because there are not that many cars present in the game.
    But nevertheless ... it will be very useful to have such an option. :D

TDS likes this.
  4. "Great minds think alike." That exact same concept has occurred to me; I hope they implement it some day.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic and TDS like this.
  5. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

pcars allows that but doesn't automatically load your last best lap either. given a choice, i'd prefer AC's ghost.

6. TDS

TDS Alien

That would be awesome

7. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

A simple overwrite is not working. :) Had to try it. :p

8. I hope the devs read this, this would add so much fun to the game!

9. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

+1 and voted.

10. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Great idea for comparing cars,setups etc...and something new to enjoy in the game.

11. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

In Gran Turismo it was a charm! Really good feature! :)
    I wonder ... maybe Kunos didn't implement it because they are afraid of some kind of exploit?
    Just like with lap times. You can't set them to show in a simple .txt file, for example, just for easier comparison. And I acknowledge there are some apps for that. I just prefer to keep it simple. :)

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It's also a great learning tool, to follow someone else's ghost. When I tried pCars, I did like competing with the next guy on the leaderboard's ghost. ”Chasing” him made it much easier to improve my lap times, beat him, and move on to the next ghost.

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  13. Cromagnon2

Cromagnon2 Rookie

+1 for a ghostcar of your choosing with best personal laptime.

14. Vel

Vel Simracer

If one did not have reliable internet, or lived in the same time zone as another player this would be a great way to race and learn from other drivers.
    +1

15. 68vet

68vet Rookie

+1 All the way. Way fun to chase other player ghosts.

16. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Great idea, I enjoy comparing cars and would be great to go after a ghost of competitors.

17. Rudski

Rudski Alien

If you want to race against another car why not simply change it to quick race and add the other model? Adjust the AI to your strength so he doesn't pull away from you.
    I don't see what advantage you get from this. Why do you specifically need a ghost car?

18. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Obviously you haven't used this feature in others games, if you did you would see how it is important to improve your driving, specially breaking. I was amazed to see how much later top times braked compared to me and progressively improved my skills. Also I was amazed how fas they accelerated out of the corners and ghost riding helped me improve on how early I could accelerate. It just gives you confidence and allows you not give up if the car is protesting. It allows you to go to unexplored territory much more easily.
    1 hour with ghost car driven by top drivers = 4 hours of practice.

19. Davemester

Davemester Racer

How can you gezt top drivers ghost rounds?

20. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

You can't in Assetto Corsa, I used to do it in F1 2013. In game you could see other drivers top times and download the respective ghost car. Downloading progressively faster ghost cars was a good way to progress.
    It would make a nice DLC instead of having mostly car DLCs.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017