1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feel VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bigbawmcgraw, Jan 5, 2018.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Has anyone heard of this company before?
    They are reportedly starting a kickstart campaign next month where you'll be able to buy a DD wheel base, a GT wheel and an F1 wheel, and what looks like could be a good set pedals with loadcell, all for the grand sum of $388. This price is for initial backers, the end user price will be higher.
    It will supposedly have 12Nm of torque which they reckon is around 7x that of a T500 or G29.
    It sounds too good to be true.
    After reading around the interwebz they had a Kickstarter campaign for a racing seat but it came to nothing, with only a prototype being produced. I'm always a bit wary when I read things like that.

https://feelvr.game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW 2018 GT4 leaving pit box, FFB on wheel feels grainy and engine cuts out after 1 second Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    ACC General Discussions What do you think / feel about mods? Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions G920 feels weak Sep 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Meca Pedals feel 'wrong' Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Feeling ffb Apr 7, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AC on PS4 Races feel slower than Hot laps Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feel of New 2020 Tire Model and Updated 18/19 Tire Model Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I don't feel anything when changing gears Nov 25, 2020

3. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

I will probably joun this hypetrain. Calculated risk but for 388 a dd wheel and loadcell pedalset...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Hi, I have seen this offer too and im also interested. I do wonder if its to good to be true.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  5. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Wow, looks really... incredible... :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

6. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

At that price it looks like a money grab to me. If you can miss the money and willing to take the gamble you can back them, but i wouldn't

Mogster, Tim Meuris and Turk like this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

From their FAQ:
    Hopefully, we will soon have video reviews by enthusiastic/professional sim-racers.

I'm the type that can wait for reviews.

8. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

The footplate has exactly the same pattern as the T3PA pro (Thrustmaster pedals which ship with the T500).

t500.jpg

Which makes me wonder if that's a computer generated image?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  9. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Have you really never heard of diamond plate steel/aluminium? It's a really common practice to use diamond plate to reduce slipping, or in other words to provide some friction and grip to a metal surface. Every single bus in my area has diamond plate floor, does not mean they nicked the idea from Thrustmaster. :D

mantasisg 2 and paul_wev like this.
  10. Proody

Proody Racer

Here is a comment

Phil64 and paul_wev like this.
  11. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Don't let cheaper sounding kickstarters/ early bird deals put you off, ive seen companies do some mad price cuts for launch..
    One great example of this (nothing to do with sim racing though) a product called perception neuron. They designed a new kind of "motion capture" device. Normally you have a guy in a blue suit with little ping pong balls stuck on him and a load of IR cameras pointing at him to track the dots. Well they made a suit where instead of the dots you have little sensors which do all the tracking.. No need for 30+ IR cameras now.
    That product on their site is $1000 usd.. We took part in the kickstarter and got the exact same product but for approx $325, we got it for less than a 3rd of the regular price..

Admittedly somethings that are really cheap are just that, cheap (often in quality) but i wouldn't dissmiss this wheel just yet, it may turn out to be that sweet little gem, that suddenly goes up in price when we all realise its actually quite good.
    Really we need a bit of proper technical info, to know if its any good..

$388 thats only about £290, i could drop that on a new wheel and pedal set, i guess.. I think i may have a punt at this..

EDIT:
    After looking at their site, i noticed they have a bit more on the page than was seen in that video.. An FAQ section has been added.. First question piqued my interest the most..

Q: Tell me more about the technical specifications

A: Regarding tech specs, since we are still tweaking/optimizing the device, the numbers can change to some degree. We’ll publish them when we’re ready to launch. In general, we can say that the torque is roughly 7 times greater than that of the G27, T500 and the like.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

This has been discussed a few places already around the internet that I have noticed, and each time, I leave a little bit more skeptical :p

First off, they have a facebook page which probably has more info than anywhere else. They are quite vague when they respond to anything though, and havent given any real dates that I can see.

Frankly though, for $388, that doesnt sound close to being reasonable for a DD wheel, 2 rims, and loadcell pedals. Even if it is an early bird fee, there isnt any money to be made in that.

Beyond that though, their descriptions about the wheel are a bit funky. 7 times greater torque than a G27 or T500? That's a massive increase, along with the range between the G27 and T500. The G27 roughly has 2.3 NM of peak torque, and the T500 is somewhere around 5 NM. So, 7x the force would mean something between 16.1-35 NM... if my math is correct here :p As a comparison, Thrustmaster advertises the TS-PC as being 1.6x the force of the T300. With the T300 being around 4.0 NM, the TS-PC would be somewhere around 6 NM. So, knowing that, no one would advertise being 7x the strength of a T500, because that isnt reasonable. Hmm, unless they are using a logarithmic scale... :confused: (torque figures sourced from some googling, so they are just rough estimates to make the point)

They also havent released any video of the product in action. Only a few fancy still pictures. There are a few side view pictures of the wheel on their FB page, and the wheel base is incredibly tiny. It looks like it takes up the footprint of a G27, or T300 at most. Usually DD wheels are longer than they are wide, since the motor is pretty hefty. Perhaps there is some very tiny servo motor that puts out a lot of force, but Im not aware.

At this stage, it's really no more than marketing fluff. And if you havent seen a direct drive wheel available for $300, there is probably a good reason why...

sacredaardvark and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I'm not entirely sure how Kickstarters work. Do you get your money back if nothing is produced/don't receive anything or is it a gamble whether you get anything or not?
    I was very wary when the Oculus Rift was announced but initial backers got the DK1 then the CV1 for around half the cost of the launch price. Now the Oculus is nearly half the launch price.
    I've often scoffed at the price of DD wheels, they seem to be falsely priced because it's aimed at a niche market. That's the only reason I've taken an interest in this feel VR wheel. Of course it looks very much like a scam but if you get your money back ....

14. Gunja

Gunja Alien

The first one is from the video and the second is from their site when i open it.
    I wonder how much of photo editing is involved and how far it goes.
    [​IMG]

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

When looking at DIY projects for a DD wheel, the cost of the DD motor by itself is around $400.

Michael Hornbuckle and Turk like this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

I think that's a different scenario though. They were using new technology to replace old technology. It's a sound idea and it's easy to see how they make it cheaper.

These guys aren't coming up with a new way to do FFB wheels where we can see an obvious cost saving. They're saying that they, an inexperienced upstart can manufacture high end gear cheaper than any of the established manufacturers have been able to do to date. They're not a manufacturing company as far as I can see, so I don't see how they'd have any way of making those kind of saving in the way the product is produced. They'll likely be going to China, just like all the other major players in the market. I don't think they've come up with a better idea than "make it in China". I doubt it's "make it in the Ukraine", that's nothing against the Ukraine, but China would still be a better place to make something like this at this price.

If they plan on making a couple of hundred units in this first run that price may just about cover the cost of materials. I don't think they can cover the cost of production at that price so they're already losing money and it's likely they'll have many problems with the first batch they make which means covering the cost of repairs.

It's a lot of money to throw at a company with no track record or experience, there's very little information about the company and the people behind it, especially for this day and age. It looks to me more like they're using kickstarter to fund their own skunkworks with no real agenda for the future other than to have a go at making things that interest them. I've read nothing that makes me think this is anything more than a pipe dream and I certainly wouldn't be giving them money (at this stage), even if I was in the market for a new wheel.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

That's just due to the motor people tend to choose, which are 20nm and up. :)
    Took me less than a minute to find a 10nm motor for <$200, and that's for a single motor, less if buying in bulk. You could get even lower torque motors for a lot cheaper. Technically nothing (except maybe common sense) is stopping one from creating a DD wheel with even lower torque than a G29. ;)

Which is why I wouldn't put a dime on this until they put out some actual specs on the motor, instead of a vague and contradictory statement of "7* g27 or t500", which doesn't make sense since there's considerable difference in torque between the two, so is it 7*t500 or 7*g27? o_O I just get the feeling they're simply riding the DD hype train at this point. :(

Having said that, I wish them luck and do hope the company creates a decent product that'll bring the prices for DD wheels closer to what an average consumer might pay, which should hopefully in turn bring the g29/t300 level of devices even lower and make simracing more accessible to everyone. :cool:

Turk and paul_wev like this.
  18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Here's the e-mail you get when you sign up...

Hello!

My name is Denys Krutko. I’m the Founder of Feel VR.

I would like to welcome you to the family!

Seriously, on behalf of myself and the entire Feel VR Team I want you to know that we’re truly excited and grateful that you've decided to join us.

And... Get ready for February 2018 - after 2 years of determined preparation and hard work, we are ready to launch!

Moreover, here comes a very special gift for you as our early adopter: a discount for the Feel VR Wheel and Pedals Bundle ($388 for early bird instead of $770 retail price)!

Also, thank you for subscribing to our newsletter. We at Feel VR hope that you'll enjoy our Wheel and Pedals as much as we do.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Denys Krutko

Founder of Feel VR Inc.

www.feelvr.game

Feel VR Inc.

340 S Lemon Ave #9050 Walnut, CA 91789

team@feelvr.game

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

As I understand it if the Kickstarter minimum isn’t met then you get your money back and whoever initiates the Kickstarter gets nothing. If the minimum is met then your pledged cash goes to the initiator. Then they have to deliver and things can become uncertain.

I’d you pledge cash then you need to be aware that even if the minimum is met you may get nothing in return or not exactly what you wanted. Several DCS related Kickstarters have hit problems, people have done a bunk with the cash and the initiators have struggled to deliver.

If you’re exited by the project and can accept losing the cash then go for it. Expect nothing in return though.

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yeah this is what I'm concerned about with them.
    They had a previous Kickstarter campaign for a motion seat which failed. I've done as much research as I can (there's not alot if info on it) and as far as I can see nobody lost any money.
    It would be a tad silly to use the same company name for a second Kickstarter campaign if you were ripping people off though.

paul_wev likes this.
  21. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Ripping people off is one thing, but even with the best intention those guys might not be able to deliver on what people are expecting, which seems to be DD performance at a quarter of the price.

Turk, Mogster and bigbawmcgraw like this.