1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. chakko

chakko Alien

I already posted something similar earlier. It sounds distorted. Like taken directly from a onboard video. People seem to rave about such a sound, because they think it is particularly real, because that's what they hear in those onboard videos, because the levelling of the recording isn't correct, and it distorts.

BTW, i wished people here and elsewhere would be a bit more open, and less insulted, by any kind of criticism brought up here. Life is not paradise la-la land, where everything is perfect, and everyone is happy. Only by feedback, the devs will get a picture of what might be missing, and what people want. Noone here wants to spoil the fun for anyone, and noone here wants to insult anyone. Apart from the 1 % of trolls in the general population. Please don't make honest people become trolls. Cheers.

liakjim likes this.
  2. slopps

slopps Simracer

The thread is called "Ferrari DLC - Discuss away"

My original comment raised was well within the remits of the thread.
    The rest of the comments were in response to other comments which were not valid comments and i had to point out exactly why, due to the lack of comprehension level being shown.

I was not aware everyone on this thread had to post Gushing positivity about the pack, if that's what you're looking for than maybe you should make a thread called "Ferrari DLC, positive comments only".
    Then fine, i'd stay away from it.

I will post something in physics issues and hopefully i can have a more logical reasoned discussion there.

Its interesting - the Rfactor 2 fanboys are so blinkered in their view of physics/realism/difficulty that they cannot see reality. You're alll acting like RF2 fanboys, i'm surprised lol

3. chakko

chakko Alien

The most annoying part of this thing is the teaming up against someone. To draw an extreme comparison, it's like in a dictatorship regime. Or like with religious fanatics. See, if you see things objectively, there is something to criticize about virtually everything. Of course, there can be things you wrongly criticize, or you just don't feel right the day you experience something you feel like criticizing. But, frankly, if someone spotted something he doesn't feel like it is right, he has every right to criticize it, and shouldn't expect to be ganged on. If you don't like what you read, simply walk on. Nothing to see here. :p And if you do feel like arguing, because you don't agree, please do it civilized, not in such a "You are wrong! You are the antichrist!" fashion. Because that's not adult, that's kiddo.

liakjim likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I have no idea what kind of problem you two have here.

He described a problem and I just said that I don't see this problem, which was just given as a second opinion on the matter.
    His reaction was basically that if I don't see this problem, then I must be an idiot, so where on earth do you expect the discussion to go from there?

I did drive the F2004 and thought the FFB was great. You can feel everything that you should be able to feel in the FFB (according to similar cars like the Exos S1 or the F138).
    The grip or loss of grip of the front wheels can be felt easily, regain can be felt easily. The grip loss is just as distinct as it is in similar cars.
    Oversteer, weight transfer, curbs … everything is alright, I don't see a problem and I just stated that.

But of course, it *has* to be me who is blind. And of course this is all a great conspiracy of the AC fanboys. :rolleyes:
    Sorry, this was a bit amusing for a few posts, but it's really getting ridiculous now.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

It would have been the default tyre. I did end up winning the race by a big margin because I think everyone else was having the same issue and they probably didn't switch to Evo gears like I did. It's got a lovely balance once you get used to it but those old brakes are always alarming when you press the pedal the first time and nothing much happens.

I should have a free weekend now so I'll have to renew my racedepartment membership and do some more online racing.

6. chakko

chakko Alien

@Berniyh : Did he call you an "idiot"? I don't find that post. I don't find a post calling you "blind" either.

But then, i didn't mean you specifically. I mean this ganging up in general.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sorry, can't remember if SM or ST are default on the car, only that SV aren't, because I explicitly set it to those.
    Regarding the brake temps: most older cars do now have them.
    To be sure, I usually check with sidekick before I run into the first corner (shows brake temps when you're touching the brake pedal).

I didn't like the 288 as much as I hoped I would, especially the sound did disappoint me a bit.
    But I did drive it with headphones on on Tuesday, need to fire it up on the (better) stereo and try again.
    Overall I was surprised by the relatively high-pitched noise, I did remember it differently from the onboard videos (it's always hard to judge though what is correct and what is wrong there, though).
    Outside sounds are great though.

Also I only drove it on Nordschleife. Rather need a proper road like Transfagarasan or the new Highlands open world map to see how good it is.
    That's what I'm going to drive tomorrow. :)
    He didn't call me an idiot directly, but it boiled down to that.

8. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Enough insults and arguing.

As Schnipp said this was a nice thread, now it's full of bile and it's depressing to read.

Fill out a bug report or start a new thread, can we leave this thread for polite discussion? (That doesn't mean it has to be all positive, just not aggressive and unpleasant).

miky and nate like this.
  9. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I agree. It's as if Satan designed the next Corvette with an unlimited budget.

xystof, aphidgod, Orne and 1 other person like this.
  10. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Some people really believe that a real driver feels everything from the steering wheel.

They forget the real lesson that real good drivers have learned. Most important is feel the chassis. And have a good butt is the way to feel the car, feel the oversteer.

Force feedback cant tell to the driver everything he needs.

I dont expect on a sim feel and the sensations that a real driver can feel. And Im okay with it. For me the F2004 is very good on Assetto Corsa. Also, Ive never drive this car and other Formula 1 car, and probably, I will never do. So, how can I describe what a real driver can feel? But I know I feel less and I try to do something else to adapt and continue making some fast laps.

Also, the car behaviour can be very different depending on the setup you are using. The default one is very understeer setup. I take a oversteer setup and for me is okay. I cant feel everything, but Im okay with that. And be super precise with the steering wheel for me is not a problem. On board cams for Formula 1 cars are from not only 2004, not only for F2004, and what Jacques Villeneuve said about BAR of Sauber is not what Schumacher or Barrichello feel on the F2004. I saw 2004 F1 season and on these days, the pinacle and state of the art of V10 on groove tyres, the cars were easier than on early days. Specially because on 98, 99 and 2000 they didnt have traction controll.

11. chakko

chakko Alien

That's why i never understood the iRacing approach, to only implement the forces, which reach the steering wheel (although that also seems weird, as the feeling of steering resistance feels very unnatural in iRacing for me). FFB can be so much more. And should be, because it is the only connection a sim driver has, and the only feedback he will get, leaving aside stuff like motion, or butt kicker (which also use FFB though, AFAIK?).

The FFB in AC is very good in that regard though, especially the feel you get, when the car oversteers.

12. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I've immediately noticed it, because the previous car I've driven before the pack was the 250F which has it. It didn't bother me as it simply forced me to be more careful with over revving on tyre slip or too early downshifts to avoid damage.
    Only then I've noticed that the GT40 hasn't it too, even if in the past I had to feather the throttle when up shifting with a sequential control (with auto blip/feather) as if using an H and clutch to either avoid over rev and damage (doesn't seem the case anymore). Not an issue then, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

How is that different from what AC does?

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Lack of comprehension, yeah right...
    Are you familiar with the Dunning-Krueger-Effect?
    And suggesting to fire "The Sound Guy" wasn't insulting?
    Get your things straight.

15. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Slight nitpick, but they are allowed to rev to 15k instead of the 11-ish k that they do in practice. Just that the fuel flow limit means there's no point in doing so. :(

Schnipp likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Does AC simulate the steering resistance when the car stands still, or runs at low speeds? I don't think so. In general, the FFB's are pretty different. In iRacing, for example, you don't have that resistance of the wheel on higher speeds either, you rather can steer pretty lightly, and can easily steer too much, sending you into an oversteer situation. I don't know what exactly the difference is, and what both FFB's image in detail, but, they are VERY different. And iRacing also advertises its FFB mentioning that it only transmits the forces which happen in the steering, unlike other sims. As i mentioned, a bit bogus-y, because the FFB feels anything but natural on my G27. AC feels much more natural, or what i feel in a car or a kart when i drive it in real life.

17. You think wrong. But please do go on sharing your wisdom.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, it doesn't. At least here. But thanks for admiring my wisdom, son.

19. it isn't.. but I am really tired to repeat it over and over again :D If people want to keep seeing (or feeling in this case) things that are not there so be it at least I died trying :D

20. chakko

chakko Alien

Why is the FFB so different then, if it bases on the same effects coming through the wheel? Is the interpretation so different?

Frankly, it's like day and night really.