1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

If there's a puddle no type of will help... maybe a monster tuck tire.

2. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

[​IMG]

This is a example of semi slick tyres made by Yokohama.

For me, this is not safe on wet conditions, may be intermediare.

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Then I guess you should buy something else. Isn't it wonderful to have choices?

The AD08Rs look like this - they're technically not even a semislick tire but a "max performance summer" tire... although Yokohama does market them as a "hybrid" street/semislick:

[​IMG]

Orne likes this.
  4. They're fine new, wouldnt stress me out one bit.

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

This one is for Aris (and the rest of the team)
    You nailed the 330P4. Fantastic job.
    Thank you Kunos.

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Much obliged but no need to thank me, not at all.
    I was just driving the 330 P4 this evening and remembered this video that I think sum quite well what I felt while driving it in AC.
    The YT channel it self has amazing videos of other fantastic cars (F40, 312 PB, Alfa GTA Autodelta, Miura, Jaguar D-Type, Lancia Stratos and many more).

ALB123 likes this.
  8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Finally got to try the DLC out yesterday.
    Love all the race cars (288GTO and Superfast, as road cars, just aren't my thing). A bit confused however to see the 312/67 driven by AI is a second or two slower than the Lotus 49. Anyone has an idea how to make them more competitive?

What's really cool is to see the throttle cam shaft? moving when you look rearwards over the engine.

mms and paul_wev like this.
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

If you're not regularly watching Petrolicious videos you're internetting wrong.
    @GCCRacer have you tried applying ballast to adjust BoP?

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Thanks ALB123 - I run a 1967 mod (conversion of RF2 stuff) and the Ferrari is the slow one out of 9 cars, with a qualifying time that's too high on Monza. So what I would need is negative ballast - not sure if it's possible.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You apply the ballast or air restrictor to the car that is faster.

paul_wev and Epistolarius like this.
  12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I get that, but Ballast is only available in Championship mode, no? And I have to apply to all 8 other cars to make them slower than real life, instead of only making one car as fast as real life? Seems the wrong way round.

Real Life 1967 Pole for Monza was 1:28.5, I just can't believe the Ferrari would be doing 1:30.5 there (98% AI). It's not because of the fast layout, as the car also struggles in Silverstone and Riverside to keep up with the others.

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah offline you can only do it in champ mode, it's pretty easy though, just drag a little slider. If it is for SP racing you could just knock the AI difficulty down a few more clicks? (saying that, they might start slowing on straights.)

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

OK, there's occasional deep puddles but mostly there's just a few mm of standing water on the road. The more mm of tread you have then the more chance the "sea" bit of your tyre will let the "land" find the road.

Watching the BTCC from Brands yesterday, it was quite surprising how much traction slicks were providing when the track was wet. There really wasn't any standing water though, more heavy drizzle than rain.

15. Orne

Orne Alien

Oops

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    chksix and paul_wev like this.
  16. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Reply to the wrong thread you should not....

;)

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

The better question is: Are you posting in the thread you intent to post?:D

18. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I also noticed, that the 312/67 is around 2sec slower then the 49, at least when the AI are driving it.
    Looking at the 1967 F1 statistics available here, the Ferari seem to have been a good 1-1.5 sec slower in quali throughout the year, sometimes even more, sometimes less:
    https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/formel1/saison-1967.html

So not 100% sure if the 312/67 in game may be a tad to slow or not, but in general the 312/67 did not have the pace of the Lotus back in 1967.
    Also it never won a race that year, so at least in the historical context, it seems quite right.
    Apart from that, the 312/67 is so frickin awesome, that I drive it almost excusively since it was released:)

Ace Pumpkin, Mogster and Cote Dazur like this.
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

Yup, I'm an idiot. Weird, I caught myself the first time, deleted the image and body of message, I guess it hick upped.. apologies to all

Sleeper Service likes this.
  20. Orne

Orne Alien

HAHAHA and I wasn't even drinking!! Too many tabs open !! hahah

Cote Dazur likes this.