1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

First Time Frustration in AC - Porsche 911R Nords - how to setup this car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by sissydriver, May 25, 2017.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hello everybody,

now i am really frustrated. :(
    Wanna do "Day to remember" Achievement - Porsche 911R on Nords.
    Stuck at 8:00min. Did one time 7:56 - but cant improve and don't know how to setup this beast.
    Feels like driving on sand - makes no fun. o_O
    The tyres dont get warm (maybe this is so). :oops:
    Played with nearly all in the setup, tried hours and hours - is this a car i can not drive? o_O

Tried setup from RD (the nords collection). Did not work for me. :(

The car has no grip and acts like a rabbit. Nervous, unstable - .... *cry*. :confused:

Any help is really appreciated.:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 211 – Trial and frustration, success and satisfaction Jan 23, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting The Perfect Storm of Frustration Oct 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Lap time and frustration Jun 22, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ki frustration (career) Dec 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Life tip (and frustration) about long video card and asus Sep 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Some complaints/personal frustration Apr 21, 2015
    Screens & Videos Amongst all the frustration with AI, here's something refreshing Feb 19, 2014
    ACC Gameplay Porsche 935 in GT2 Europe category Apr 8, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shifting Motion telemetry for Porsche GT1 is WAY too strong. Dec 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Porsche 992 GT3 R Horizontal LED dashboard Oct 16, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche GT3 992 Rear View Monitor Jul 9, 2023
    ACC Physics PLEASE Help the 992 Porsche GT3R Jun 19, 2023
    ACC Physics Porsche CUP keeps bouncing Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics Porsche 992 GT3 keeps bouncing Apr 25, 2023

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Again and again - put him a little higher (since aris video i know i potentially did some stupid thing) - but - the rabbit is not so present any more.;)
    crashed into wall 200m before finish....could have been 7:49,5 or 7:48,9999 :p
    biggest probem is sitting right before the wheel but i wanna have a better feeling!
    now i enjoy the sun and later i try again. :)

4. myimac

myimac Alien

You can do it :)

sissydriver likes this.
  5. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

For after the sun: maybe this helps as a base setup and then tweak it a little bit to your convenience? Turn TC off and ABS on.

http://thesetupmarket.com/#/setups/Assetto Corsa/588623aa89202f0e0e0475d0/58973ed3a0093438f00825c4

This is a setup with the old 1.11 version for PC. Might have changed the car behavior due to 1.14 update?? I often use this also for PS4.

In general the fastest get 7:20-7:25. That's really fast. I'm only in the 7:40 but also needs to practice a lot to achieve the 7:31 "gold" achievement.

ALB123 and sissydriver like this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Thank you BrainsBush!
    Tried this setup but cant handle it without traction control. Must try it in some days to improve.
    And YESSS myimac!!!
    Did a 7:48,862 some minutes ago with my setup...phew...hard work.... :p
    Yesterday it though i will never do it in a million years :D

ALB123 and BrainsBush like this.
  7. BrainsBush

You also learn a lot from this video. See where HavanaBob with a stock setup brakes, uses throttle etc. Divide the complete track in your own imaginery sectors and try to come close to the times per sector. Compare, learn, try again, again and again :). This Porsche is comparable with the 911R (yes I know Porsche fans disagree ofcourse but for this training purpose it is ok ;) ). Paddle shift vs H shifter in case you use manual gearing which I assume cause you have also the TH8A

grtz
    Brian

sissydriver likes this.
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

So many things to learn....;)
    Cause i only have the old force feedback without clutch i can only use the sequential mode with th th8. must buy a new wheel, i see ;)
    Thank you again. Will study this video :)

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I went ahead & try this events I screwed the run, but close under the Gold time. If I would do more run, I'll probably run a couple of seconds under it.

I guess the setup is enough to clear it, but I suppose it can be improved. I am aware this car has automatic blip.

Attached Files:

sissydriver and BrainsBush like this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Hey MrDeap,

thank you for this information. :)

Some thoughts bout your setup:
    Traction control off - tried this yesterday for some minutes but could not handle it. Have to learn not to spin off.o_O
    Height lower - with my current FFB and wheel it feels not good for me. More unstable and nervous.o_Oo_O

Think i am the issue,,, o_Oo_Oo_O

Nords is driving again and again and again....Its not Brands Hatch Indy :D

Now i buy the Thrustmaster 500. :):):)

Lets see how much i can improve with a good wheel and pedals.:p

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Nords is a track you keep improving on forever with every lap. There's probably no such thing as a perfect lap or setup on that track, it's just too long for that. Took me months to go under 7:20 in the GT3RS challenge. Have only done the 911R run a few times but am within a few seconds of gold. I actually think the hearing in the 911r is a bit nicer for nords as there's one less gear so they are all a bit taller.

Times for the challenges on nords are less to do with set up and more with knowing the track, practice practice practice :)

sissydriver likes this.
  12. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, Nordschleife is very special indeed. I always tend to drive slower around the Nord then what would be my personal 100% of ability, just because I fear of ruining what would otherwise be a decent lap. However, this place has so many crucial corners followed by long stretches of going flat out, that it costs you dearly, and the seconds sum up quickly. Not having the nerves to give it your best at places like Flugplatz, Bergwerk, or Mutkurve, to only name a few, will add up to several seconds allone.
    Then there are no run off areas like on modern tracks, just making it that more difficult.
    Just like @Serge M haas put it, practice practice practice,...and more practice;)
    Sir Jackie Stewart has also rightfully once called the Nordschleife "The Green Hell" for how demanding it was (and still is)

sissydriver likes this.
  13. BrainsBush

When you have the T500 I would recommend to start driving with TC off (except the hyper cars). It's a learning curve but once you get the 'connection' it is a lot more fun and you have the idea you have more control over the car. And it makes you faster.

T500 with T3PA pedals will make you faaaasssstttt.

I have a challenge for you because you mentioned BHI. --> https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-hotlap-32-fast-and-furious.45466/

Good luck :p

BTW Also because of your post I also drive a lot more with the Porsche 911R and 911 GT3 RS @Nords and also keep improving. Finally below 7:30 with the GT3RS....7:20 for gold o_O

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Berry

Berry Alien

The most important thing is treating the car and the Nordschleife with respect.I know, that sounds like some stupid cliche out of Top Gear, but it's the truth, the track and coincidetally the car hate sudden movements and extreme weight transfer (very hard braking and un-smooth acceleration).I'm usually in the 7:25-7:26's with the 911R (stock setup), will provide a video later if you think it will help (if someone faster than me won't in the meantime, I'm pretty sure fast guys will get under 7:20), you really do need to learn how the car behaves, this is much trickier to drive than the other 911's :).

sissydriver and BrainsBush like this.
  15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@sissydriver
    It will stop to become nervous once the tyre become cold. You need to force the tires to heat.

With a different track condition the car with default I can probably do the job, but I doubt for this events.

sissydriver likes this.
  16. BrainsBush

I just did some laps with this 911R and I'm in love with the manual H shifting. What a great fun.
    Fully agree with you about handle with care and not too agrressive @Nords. Let this car 'flow' through the corners.
    I compared my times with @Mr Deap times. Almost par until about 60% of the track. Then I become too cautious and lose too much time. In the final sector almost 6 seconds....Just 4 seconds of Gold time.
    Very helpful and fun to watch and learn from each other. Thx!!

17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I did a lap with default(with the PSI properly adjusted) & yeah I was simply 4 sec off(much cleaner than the run I shared). So yeah, it's possible to gold it with default if you nail all the corners.

On default the car tend to tail out during braking & exit which make it much harder to clear to gold. With a setup it's easier & faster.

BrainsBush likes this.
  18. BrainsBush

In your previous setup you used 27 front and 28 rear. Now changed to? 25/26?

19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@BrainsBush Nah I, I used 27/28 instead of the default being 26/27, I was still 4 sec slower with a cleaner run.

I screwed the carroussel & I failed to get gold. I only changed disabled traction control from default. The default PSI correct. I left the fuel load to default.

It's easier to play with paddle for sure.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

For the challenges I would run 10 litres of fuel with fuel consumption on for the ring

21. Berry

Berry Alien

So I managed to do a 7:33.370 with a custom setup, can probably go much lower than that but don't have the patience nor the time.(it's summer after all :p)
    I'll attach the setup so you guys can use it.I remember doing a 7:26.5 on the challenge conditions with no setup changes whatsoever.The setup makes the car faster, but also a lot more nervous, so I did more mistakes than usual :).

Attached Files:

sissydriver and ZethGAF like this.