1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Forza horizon 3 porsche pack and the capacity to wait Apr 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Forza Horizon 3 Jul 28, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Perennial issue with center-calibrating Fanatec Forza wheel Jul 16, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2old4forza US based social sim racing club Feb 3, 2019
    XBox One Discussions [Forza Motorsport 7] General Discussion Thread Jun 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Forza 7 Jun 11, 2017
    XBox One Discussions crontroller update make drift arcade like forza.What have you done KUNOS?!?!?! Oct 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room are you ready for forza ? May 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Forza 6 APEX coming to PC this spring Mar 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Forza might be coming to PC Feb 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa v forza 6 v pcars at mp4-12c brands & nordschleife Dec 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ac is a brilliant forza/gt race sim as well. tips for controllers. May 23, 2015
    General modding discussion Chase camera - make it forza-like? May 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room How does handling compare to Forza? May 12, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Forza 4 Like Xbox 360 Controller Setup For Assetto Corsa Jan 1, 2014

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Live play with coverage of seasons change

And Gameplay demo from IGN

4. I had a blast with horizon 3 (especially the hot wheels expansion) once it ran good after a few updates, look forward to this.

5. isamu

isamu Racer

Day mutha-****en one! Just wish we had gotten VR support :(

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

Cool but does England really have good terrain compared to Australia and USA? Also I'm guessing we'll have to wait 6+ months after release until its fixed like with the last 2 forza games lol

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It looks they are getting better on UWP, FM7 was virtually problem free comparing to FH3 mess.
    Both are super stable now, perhaps the most stable and consistently performing games in my library.
    Us, PC gamers, should really be thankfull to MS for making Play Anywhere a reality.
    Now we have Forza, Gears of War, and upcoming Halo Infinite.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Judging by what I seen in car shows there are some nice places, besides hopefully there will be at least one larger city to "go PGR".
    Anyway, they have some artistic freedom, so the quality of the surface and some less enjoyable "layouts" can be fixed

--------------------

Looks tempting but Im not sure about how it drives. I would first need to buy Win10 to test a demo, while I assume my wish for alternative physics which are somewhat more realistic are, well, unrealistic.
    Do you actually need to be careful to not lose the rear or is it rather hard to fail in FH?

Also The scenario in the FH games seems also to be rather bland.

9. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

As an Aussie, FH4 is a bit of an anti-climax after 2 years of FH3 being based in our own backyard! But after USA, France/Italy then Australia featuring in the first 3 Horizon's, it should have been a no-brainer to base it on one of the most car-mad countries in the world - Japan.

BUT I'm not surprised that Japan never got the gong, in the end Japan obviously favours PS4 and GT and not Xbox/MS and Forza. Hence why there has been no Japanese tracks included since Forza Motorsport 3! And Forza couldn't even get Toyota in FH3 last time around either......

TBH, I thought they would have gone back to USA for FH4 and covered the north-west coast and states; a bit of Vegas, a bit of SF, then Oregon/Washington. But noooo we go to Britain. Not a bad part of the world done get me wrong, some spectacular country throughout. But when you think of road trips, convoys and the such, a British B-road doesn't really come to mind over Japan.

I doubt very much that I will get FH4, I will keep using FH3 if I am desperate or bored enough that I need it to wind down or entertain me.

10. Mitch09

Mitch09 Gamer

Yep, the novelty wears off on Horizon very quickly. Even with FH3 being based in my own backyard, the hype was gone after a month or two.

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah I really don't picture 200mph supercars having a good time on british roads, or actually most of Japan either. They're more an American/German superhighways thing.

12. This is Forza Horizon, you spend more time off road than on it. Blasting through trees in a Bentley is pretty awesome, no matter which country it happens in IMO.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

With AC around you pretty much play any other racing titles for "a break", none of them has similar longevity.
    Still nice to blast through the nice looking open world from time to time.

PS. That signature, my eyes!

rauf00 likes this.
  14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

lots of improvements but iam not going to buy it just because i cant afford buying a new gpu to run this game, FH3 ran like dog **** on my system.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You'd need one for ACC anyway, no way it will be better optimized than current FH3 build.

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I doubt ACC will be heavier on my gpu, forza games are really poorly optimized on pc, had to run the game on lowest settings possible, sometimes even going to 900p and it still was laggy and crashing.
    meanwhile i can play pcars 2 with high\medium settings with AI no issues what so ever.
    if the prices weren't so high right now i would considering buying a new gpu.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We must be talking different Forzas then or some old release.
    FH3 had some issues initially that were all sorted out by now. FM7 had much smoother launch, running smoothly with good fps out of the box, was improved even more since then.
    If your PC can not run these two titles, it will be miracle it will handle new Kunos title.
    Hope I am wrong, really.

18. You really need to quit stating this as fact.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Welcome to the coversation Mike. :)
    This is not a fact, far from it.
    Just observation based on my experience with different titles.
    While Kunos impressed us before, I am trying to be more realistic with performance expectations esp. when comparing to so well optimized titles like Forza. We are not talking Ubisoft here.
    How about GOW4, can your PC handle it, it's UE4 too and optimized superbly for its visual fidelity.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  20. I don't know what GOW4 is. I do know that rf2 looks like **** yet it can bring my system to its knees on medium settings. FH3 looks great and runs smooth (other than the city part of the map) at nearly maxed settings.

21. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer