1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick adaptation:

An afternoon in KS

Friday afternoon, aroud 5pm: our concept of "weekend" is pretty vague, it's something fluid that connects friday mornings (where we work like "beasts" ie hard) to mondays. The blessing and curse to do, professionally, what you love makes so that the working universe and the personal one mix eachother, and that watches and calendars are more something to remind us of appointment with dentista or make wirsts look cool than singal working times. It's great actually. So, last friday, there was a spontaneous brainstorming, where each one of us gave his vision of what we did and how he sees AC. This is some lines from it:

I am in the phase that I hate AC, it disgusts me (it usually lasts 2-3 days), "I don't like it all": I just came back from Germany and I started to hassle Simone to try some new stuff, and, instead of sending me to hell, he patiently got to work only to end up in the same place where we started. Almost, because we improved 2-3 things I was not so happy about. Stefano wants to work on tyres because the longitudinal "antani" (a reference to an italian comedy movie.. ie "something I don't understand") does not make him happy and there is margin for improvement: "our physics is exposed, modder can do amazing stuff and we can and must do more"

Simone: "Have you seend last Unreal Engine 4 changelog? Is it a joke?"

Marco: "Simo, look, consider that not even Epic manages to have Paragon running at 60fps HD"

Simone: "Yes but have you seen the procedural grass? And the carbon fiber.. scroll the page"

Marco: "It's not fair"

Stefano: "Yes but heads up, last screen is a real picture tho"

Marco: "thx baby jezooz"

Aris distracts us, he talks about his new video in collaboration with Sureal Car, in which there is a virtual/real comparative with one of the future AC cars, which I was not expecting to be so impressed to drive, but that it's quite different from the base version, and it's already one of my favourite. I can't believe how many sacrifices he (Aris) does driving cars with "millemila" (ie. a lot, literally a thousand thousands) BHP just for us (...). And so we end up talking about next package, that takes away the tiredness of the Friday, it gets us excited, with the Spielberg (A1 Ring) track that is growing up every day, and that is starting to show the final shapes. I warn Manuel he'll be fired but he assures me he's working on the sparks (and considering his achievements with backfire I am optimistic). A bit of gossip of latest Nurburgring experience, and what's coming in the next months.
    Satuday, I am still here organizing next week activities, testing stuff, driving, playing. Meanwhile, somebody is updating something in the dev build. On a Satuday. Steam is spying and it communicates me that "Simone has started Assetto Corsa", I remember talking with Aris about Steam stats, I go to check mine, 6600 hours on Assetto Corsa.

And that suggests me it's time to snap out of it, at least for today: this is going to be the hottest June in AC history, it's better to save the strengths. We're going to need them.. and you are going to need that too.

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Thanks!

Now that I've read it: Don't overwork yourself guys.

Dream1979 and tommi karsikas like this.
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I agree

Has anyone tried that kartkraft yet I'm tempted

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sorry I didn't notice that and I didn't compare both bit for bit, it's just that both made some of the same mistakes then or I was just wrong. Don't work for Facebook, it's just what I (thought to) know. I find myself using that translate feature in Facebook quite a bit and it was recently in the news that they ditched Bing last December and are employing their own AI algorithms now. Doesn't really matter, I just wanted to add that to the discussion lol

Not yet, sorry.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Obviously they should work more! Look at how much time they have to play some video games...

It *should* be out two (or three?) days ago, I read somewhere that they moved it to today, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Some people say KS is bad in communicating with us, but at least we have official info when something is delayed.

MsportDAN likes this.
  6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

An interview in English this time. :)

Note: the press event was about a week before 1.6 update, so I got the idea in the video that VR support was indeed for later in the summer, but as good surprise it came with 1.6. HTC Vive remains planned for the upcoming months.

nate, bgil66, Hagen and 1 other person like this.
  7. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

I could, but my Win 8.1 refuses to install some Unreal4 engine libs and the game won't start without them... :(

8. 9:17 is pretty interesting.

ShredatorFIN and Traind like this.
  9. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

NDA :p

Psit likes this.
  10. TeamRSRGermany

TeamRSRGermany Hardcore Simmer

Brünnchen

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

AKA the "youtube" corner :D

12. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Man...What I wouldn't give to have that car for a weekend. ::shudders::

14. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

A1 Ring, right? Wonder if it will come with cars (DP4?), or just track this time.

16. phil

phil Alien

17. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

with race cars

ekosan likes this.
  18. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

F138 please.

Traind and Protoduct like this.
  19. Alberto Llinares

Alberto Llinares Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  20. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Marco is playing clash of clans and Aris is looking down in despair, so your bet is my bet....