1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game stock car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Steve Bullitt, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

anyway... deleted.

2. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Think you have absolutely hit the nail on the head with one word.... 'clinical'. That's exactly I how feel about it. All the numbers add up and its doing everything right but there's a missing secret sauce.

Anyone coming out with quotes like 'well real teams use xyz sim' need to remember that real teams don't use sims to excite and entertain, they use them to train and test. I'll hazard a guess that not one pro driver has ever felt their heart rate increase whilst playing a sim. On the other hand, if anyone remembers Greger Huttu getting the chance to drive a star mazda a few years ago, you'll recall the sensory overload and physicality of it made him quite ill.

3. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Well rFactor 2 entertains many people a lot, by being able to run a full field of up to 100 of challenging aggressive, yet disciplined AI, race rules for many series, safety car, offline pitstops, animated marshals, dynamic real-road rubber built-up over a race weekend and dynamic weather and with good keyboard steering support.
    Entertainment-wise it's less clinical than Assetto Corsa.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    kro likes this.
  4. Be careful after 3 months cause that is their initial bait...like a drug dose, and once you start buying extra content and find that you already spent a few hundred dollars you are theirs and then will be hard to get off and you will continue to pay the subscription at $100 a year and that is where they make the money...like a cable company...that's a very clever marketing scheme they use a bit similar to drug dealers.

And speaking of 4000 people online...don't be fooled...it actually means the number of people logged in and not the people on racing servers. The vast majority just stay logged on all day just chatting on forum, and you can see that the number of people actually racing is most of the time even smaller than in AC or rF2...

ericRacer and Boris Lozac like this.
  5. Aceking

Aceking Racer

The rFactor2 AI's behaviour in this race (1st race against ai) is very impressive!

6. Did you guys know that now there is a free application that converts any rF1 mod or track to GSC in just a couple of minutes? (just for personal use of course). Its called rfactor tools: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rfactortools.1954/

And speaking of that there are some legenday mods that need to be tried on GSC like DRM revival (Porsche 935) or the new released Virtua LM with its 58 cars, such as the Porsche 956, Lancia LC-2, and Jaguar XJR-5, to name just a few, all modelled to look identical to their real life variants.Never before has a collaboration of artists and engineers came together to produce such a mod for rFactor.Enjoy!

https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Virtua LM GTPC

7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Can it convert the graphics from 1998 to 2015? ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Nice try but rfactor was released in 2005 so only mods after that...

9. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

10. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

The rFactor 1 engine is still pretty capable

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hey fellas,
    the fact that professional teams use rF1, rF2 or GSCE2013 has the following impact on my behaviour: I will give those sims a try because they must be good, somehow. But if I find that the sim, for whatever reason, doesn't satisfy my expectations I won't use it, even if each racing team in the world is using it!
    Also, I agree with what has been said before - pro teams are probably chasing numbers more than a virtual racing buzz, that doesn't mean it's the right choice for Johnny Average in front of his PC!
    Now I'm outta here.

Boris Lozac and Quffy like this.
  12. That is perfectly understandable, I'm just trying to make a bit of justice when people says that rF engine is dated, or inferior, etc without any solid facts other than their "feel". But as gamers, we play whatever we enjoy the most, that's clear.

13. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Those the numbers you're talking about eventually translate to what the driver feels and many pro teams also use motion simulators.
    Also rF1, rF2, GSCE have more features regarding "virtual racing buzz" to simulate a race weekend, such as proper AI, offline pit stops, safety car, race rules, day/night cycles, animated marshals etc. For Johnny Average in front of his PC it even goes so far as to provide proper steering assist for keyboard and gamepad players, something AC doesn't even provide, since earlier variants of these engines have been used in many mainstream EA titles.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22387-rFactor-2-s-keyboard-steering-support

So the argument that they are not for Johnny Average in front of his PC isn't valid.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  14. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Ooh, GSC thread.

Yeah, I always heard good things about it, but was reluctant to shell £22 on it because all I could see was that it was a standalone rFactor payware mod. Well, I finally caved, and how wrong I was to put it off... I like the physics and feel just as much as, if not a tad more than, AC right now, and am even about to start competing in a league. With stock content! They've done really awesome things here.

MsportDAN, nivadepi, Jebus and 4 others like this.
  15. And also the quality of the drivers there is amazing. I've been playing online for almost a week now and I didn't see any noobs or wreckers yet, just well seasoned, polite and experienced racers. Yesterday I had an awesome time at Brasilia track in the V8's, with a great bunch of people with very close lap times with differences in the range of hundredths of a sec. Great place to be if you enjoy close and clean racing.

Dean Ogurek and Ethan Dean like this.
  16. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

AC physics feel incomplete when compared to GSCE or RF2.

FFB on AC gives way too much informations, that's why the majority think "it feels better" or even worse "it has better physics".

When you enter real data to RF2, it works like real life to some extent, it's not the case for AC, you always have to use workarounds and substitute models :)

Associat0r, JyriK and David Dominguez like this.
  17. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

99% of people just repeat the "trend". A blog post by DK, interview with Gjon, Neils or some other like those is what influence opinion in the end, because in reality the vast majority simple has no clue nor "solid facts".

If wasn´t for Neils/Simioni and Reiza i doubt anyone would dare to say that rf1 engine is in anyway "advanced", specially in 2015, 10 years after.

Associat0r likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've heard that quite a few people are transitioning to SCE (GSC) for online play recently. The main thing missing for me is the lack of VR support.

19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

blind people would say red, & they would be right, so bad example :D

Radiantm3 likes this.
  20. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Yep, I have to throw my hands up and agree. Don't get me wrong, I still love how AC feels as much as I always do, but GSC has this extra sparkle deep down that I can't quite put my finger on.

Associat0r likes this.