1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gentlemen Sport code...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 13, 2014.

1. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Hi, Don't know if anyone already did this, but since most of people don't know the rules on track, I'd like to make one with your help.
    I'll update the thread with your inputs...hope you like the idea...

Work in progress

BASIC RULES.​
    • Always look at mirror on pit exit and give way to incoming cars.(you can, use the map app to see incoming cars or virtual mirror (f11))
    • If you spun off track, look for incomming drivers before you decide to return on the track.(try to enter the track with less angle possible, so that you're able to use mirrors)
    • When you book for a race, FINISH IT!!! It ruins the experence for every one.
    • Dont exit to pits in the middle of the track, move to the side of the track, then exit to pits.
    • Defensive driving
    1. The lead driver is entitled to make 1 move to maintain his/her position and 1 move back to race line if he leaves at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
    • On qualify
    1. If you're not on your fast lap, try not to block the way to faster drivers
    2. If you're on your fast lap and see traffic in front of you, possibly turn your lights on (remember that visibilty is very limited, so try to show your self in the mirrors of the driver in front of you)
    3. If you find yourself battling with another pilot, let it go, release the throttle and take some distance from him and try another fast lap with your way clear, better for you, better for him.
    • Incidents:
    1. If you hit another driver and gain a position advantage you must let that driver pass you before continuing to race on the track. This is especially important if you hit any driver(s) off the track and slow them down.
    • Passing:
    There are many discussions about passing (overtaking), and what follows must not be taken as a "Rule", but more like a suggestion. The sure thing is that the attacking driver has a better view of the action, and the defender does not have many options(block or leave space). Unfortunatly we're not all "Aliens", and milimetric driving is really diffucult(specially when you have lags), so what I suggest, is to use clear body language, respect each other, avoid stupid moves and have fun;)
    1. If you are passing someone on the inside while entering a corner you must have your car at least 1/2 way along side the other car to have the right of way(It doesn't mean that you'll get 100% through, but if the other driver is smart enough you will;)).
    2. If you try to pass around the outside then exiting the corner you must be fully along side the other car, otherwise they are entitled to take the normal racing line, which may include pushing you wide. In the event that they do start take you wide, you should fall back behind the other car as safely as possible.
    A little example from Gpl
    [​IMG]
    You can see here why overlap established after the turn-in point isn't really valid and therefore isn't honoured in car racing rules. Its actually false overlap that's created by the turning movements of the cars. Its not due to one being faster than the other or one out-braking the other. In positions 1, 2, and 3, below, you can see that the Lotus has no overlap at all if you consider the straight ahead direction - shown by the blue lines. But if you take a perpendicular from the attitude of the cars, shown by the red lines, there is some overlap at position 2 and substantial overlap at position 3. This overlap is entirely false of course as the Lotus here hasn't actually out-braked or out-sped the Eagle by any amount what-so-ever - as I hope you can see form this diagram. Unfortunately many drivers think that if they do this they are some kind of out-braking genius, when in fact they are not out-preforming the other driver at all. Its a geometric illusion that has nothing to do with a driver's ability or performance. If they could really out-brake the other, they would have made some overlap before the turn-in point, not after it.

1. Before the turn-in point there's no overlap - therefore the Lotus has no right to room or to interfere with the Eagle's normal racing line in any way.
    2. But, as often happens, the Lotus sees this empty zone along the inside and thinks they can zoom up into it, probably believing this to be the move of a talented racing genius.
    3. Its possible to get apparent overlap after the turn-in point. The point is you shouldn't.
    4. The Lotus may actually achieve their objective, forcing the Eagle out wide, who may actually not press the issue for the sake of not crashing - if they can.
    5. But, if the Eagle doesn't back away, and holds their line, as they're entitled to do, this is what happens as often as not.
    The issue is that the Eagle has the right to be fully committed to the racing line. In this case, the entire inside area ought to have been a no-go zone for the Lotus, who should have tucked in behind and followed the Eagle around. Of course, late braking barge drivers often end up in the hay bails, hopefully without taking you with them.

DRIVING TIPS
    • "The Tip": Practice, practice and guess what? Practice ;)
    • Races are not won on the first corner, take your time. Better 2nd than DNF
    • "Know your enemy";)
    • Bumper to Bumper battles
    1. Remember that drafting makes you loose grip, consider it in turns, and also on braking from high speeds, you've less downforce pushing your car down
    2. If you're not confident with your opponent braking point, brake earlier, you'll probably avoid a collision
    3. If you're attacking, are close to the car in front, but not close enough to make a legitimate pass, brake a little earlier than usual. This will significantly reduce the chance of rear-ending the car in front into the next corner, you'll make the time up in the corner anyway, and the extra separation will give you better visibility and potentially a better choice of line (meaning a better drive off, which is what racing's all about really). If you drive bumper-to-bumper all the time, you'll end up rear ending a lot of people and make passing needlessly hard.
    • Driving at a speed you are comfortable with allows you to maintain control over your car. Rather drive at 90% of your hotlap speed and keep it on track, than be 2-3 secs faster on a single lap and crashing out/spinning on the next. The more you control your vehicle, the safer and predictable you are to other drivers on track.
    • If you're trying to defend your position against someone you regard as a nutter, there's nothing wrong with letting them through. The end result can be a lot more pleasing than having the inevitable happen.
    • If you have cars in your vicinity but aren't sure exactly where they are in relation to you, allow additional room. ie., if you are on the outside of a corner going in, allow a cars width to the apex, and if you are on the inside then allow a cars width to the outside of the corner when exiting.
    • Unless the person you've collided with was doing something utterly unreasonable, never assume it was entirely their fault, and never assume there was nothing you could have done to avoid the collision. "You divebombed me" and "You cut my nose off" are two sides of the same coin on many occasions, especially in the reduced perception, lag affected world of sims.
    • Use Clear Body Language
      If someone is following you closely looking for a place to pass, and you kind of drift along with ambiguous movements about the track, or you sort of close the door but still leave the inside line half open, then you just might unintentionally lure the following car to try a pass that's only half on. Alternatively, if as soon as a following car gets anywhere near your rear quarter coming up to a corner, and while they are still in your mirrors, you make a firm and clear movement towards the inside line, and stick there, then they will know that your intentions are to close the door and drive the defensive inside line. Such a clear defensive move will leave them in no doubt not to try a risky inside pass.
      This is just one case. There are others. The thing is ... Always try to convey a clear message by your driving style so that surrounding drivers get a very good idea about your intentions. Body language used well can be almost as clear as having indicators on your car.
    • Practice the Other Lines Before You Have to Use Them.If the first time you have ever tried driving around the outside of a certain corner is in a frantic race situation when you're racing toe to toe with someone, then you'll be in unfamiliar territory in the middle of a high stress precision driving situation. A bad place to be. Before a race comes up, just try doing a few laps of the circuit hugging the left-hand-side of the road all the way around and then do a few hugging the right-hand-side. At the very least do 1 or 2 laps against each side of the road. You'll be surprised at how much less likely you are to crash while trying to hold road position if you are at least a little familiar with how the outer and inner lines feel.
    • If in doubt, lift. If in a loss of control situation or a near loss of control one, lift your foot off the accelerator, usually with gentle haste. In nine out of ten situations this is the right thing to do anyway. The odd situation where you'd keep your foot planted requires such a fine skilled touch you probably wouldn't be successful at it anyway. Lifting to get out of trouble is very often a safe bet. You'll be surprised at how many 'certain crash' situations you can actually drive away from if you would only lift your foot off the accelerator. Some people are very reluctant to lift their foot off for any reason. They're the ones up-side-down in the sand all too often.
    • Drive, then Race. Aircraft pilots at times have a number of matters happening simultaneously, competing for their attention. They have a saying to help them set their priorities. Aviate, navigate, communicate. The idea being that the first priority is to stay in control of the plane, i.e., fly the plane. The second is to know where you are in relation to the world. The third and last priority is to attend to radio communications.
      In our racing perhaps just two priorities are required. Drive your car, then race it. Meaning, ... The first priority is to stay in control of your car. Only after that is done do you worry about racing it with any near-by competitors. You often see people who left alone can drive well enough. But once they start racing they are going into corners so deep etc they have no chance. The obvious reality is - if you could only take a certain corner at say 80mph when alone, you can't take it at 120mph just because you're racing someone. Don't let the sprit and thrill of the racing moment take your attention away from your number one priority. Drive your car, stay in control of it. Then worry about racing.
    If you want to see how pro drivers behave, take a look a this
    http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour

Last edited: May 24, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Please ladies and gentlemen, race ACC online Jun 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Request confirmation Gentlemen developers Sep 22, 2017
    Screens & Videos Gentlemen Drivers - Maserati 250F tribute Nov 1, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club - Casual Bi-Weekly Racing Jul 22, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Gsr the gentlemen simracers Aug 11, 2015
    Tracks modding Gentlemen rallycross 1.0 Jul 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A league of extraordinary gentlemen Jun 24, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Aloog - a league of ordinary gentlemen May 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gentlemens Race League - (server & clan) Jun 15, 2014
    ACC General Discussions SRO Esports Season 2024 Yesterday at 5:42 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Global Motorsport Racing Aug 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Empty Ferrari Esports Folders Messing up Brand page Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting School eSports league computers cannot connect to MP Servers Mar 18, 2023
    Screens & Videos Trans Am 1970 Bryar Motorsports Park Feb 16, 2023
    ACC General Discussions SRO Esports Season 2023 Feb 15, 2023

3. Lukapsb

Lukapsb Racer

There is many more things that could be written about the gentelman sport code that every driver on track should respect and use every race :)

phil and R8 Gordini like this.
  4. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I know, that's why I need your help...something thatto add?

5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

As a faster driver I can tell that this is not right. if a slower driver is in front of you, but in his timed lap, he has the right to continue it. If I'm behind him stuck and he moves out of my way, not only my lap is ruined, but his as well.

Ruskyv, R8 Gordini, Queequeg and 8 others like this.
  6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You could just sum it up with "Treat others how you expect to be treated yourself", but here's one - Always leave room for others on track (do not crowd them off track)

7. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

That's why "asap"...if you're on straight line can be done right?
    edit : better? (On qualify try not to block the way to faster drivers.)

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  8. Lukapsb

Lukapsb Racer

Dont exit to pits in the middle of the track, move to the side of the track, then exit to pits :)

If you spun of track, look for incomming drivers before you decide to return on the track.

Dick Forrest, alex72 and cunnu79 like this.
  9. I still don't agree completely this one. Faster drivers have to be clever enough to leave a room before fast lap.

But ofcourse slower guy have to think is he improving on this lap. If not, let the faster guy go...

10. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

right, "On qualify , and you're not on your fast lap, try not to block the way to faster drivers." Better? or I just delete it?

11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

I've talked about this before, but I think people get a little confused by it. You can move back towards the racing line after making a defensive move, which is often used as a 2nd, and legal, defensive manuever.

And to be very specific, *no* changing of lines once in the braking zone should be made. Once you arrive at the braking point, you are committed to that line and have to do the best you can with it. Any defending needs to be done prior to that.

Bill Wiskins and Tiago Fortuna like this.
  12. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

"no changing line on braking zone when defending position" How does it sound?

13. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

After racing all weekend, I can honestly say most of the gentlemen I raced with were gracious on the track. I didn't see any rage drivers or revenge racers out there. Most of us playing AC know that this isn't Need For Speed.
    I really think VOIP would solve most of these issues. I hope AC implements some kind of voice communication interface. Personally, me and my friends use TeamSpeak and it's amazing how much more fun and safe it is when you can simply say, "I see you ahead of me, and I'm just coming up on your inside..." or, "I just spun out at Schumacher and I'm on the left shoulder pulling back on".
    Communicating with other drivers goes a long way in building rapport with other drivers and circumvents many frustrating accidents from happening.

Cote Dazur and RolledSteel like this.
  14. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I think I've raced against you...;)
    any way...Dont't get me wrong, but I find talking while racing very annoing, just don't like it...maybe in the pits but not while driving...
    People should start to use mirrors and realize they are not the only person on track, and as I see it, in reality there's no chit-chat between drivers in race, just you, you're car and you're pit man on the radio...
    I've done 4 years of Iracing and always turned off the chat while driving:p

dkwuan, 2hats and Mogster like this.
  15. Bean0

Bean0 Gamer

Here's the Clean Racer's Club rules that were used a long time ago in LFS, a lot of it will apply here...

:)

Nahkamarakatti and cunnu79 like this.
  16. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Good point, I understand what you're saying... you're into as much realistic immersion as possible. So you don't play with friends? It is just a game, however, and as a 'game' that's meant to be fun, it's even MORE fun with friends! I can tell you in my Teamspeak server, we don't actually speak unless there's reason to. No useless banter really... the odd bout of laughter as we recount a close call or a particularly thrilling circumstance. We're too busy concentrating! :cool:
    More to the point, what I was actually trying to say was that I believe most people would not be so angry at someone or react in a negative way if there was some way to warn or respond to situations verbally. "Hey buddy-just-leaving-the-pits, check your 8 oclock..." - because not everyone will remember rule #12 when they're caught up in the moment.

17. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I understand...I do play (compete) with friends, but the fact of earing on chat " F878ck I missed the brakes nooooo" It's too funny and It ends with my crash:p...what we really are missing is a Spotter on radio;)

Digital Aura likes this.
  18. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

If you're trying to defend your position against someone you regard as a nutter, there's nothing wrong with letting them through. The end result can be a lot more pleasing than having the inevitable happen.

If you're attacking, are close to the car in front, but not close enough to make a legitimate pass, brake a little earlier than usual. This will significantly reduce the chance of rear-ending the car in front into the next corner, you'll make the time up in the corner anyway, and the extra separation will give you better visibility and potentially a better choice of line (meaning a better drive off, which is what racing's all about really). If you drive bumper-to-bumper all the time, you'll end up rear ending a lot of people and make passing needlessly hard.

Unless the person you've collided with was doing something utterly unreasonable, never assume it was entirely their fault, and never assume there was nothing you could have done to avoid the collision. "You divebombed me" and "You cut my nose off" are two sides of the same coin on many occasions, especially in the reduced perception, lag affected world of sims.

Never forget that legitimate, straight-up racing incidents happen, and chucking a Wendy at the slightest issue will just make you look like the missing part "ry and Western".

Bill Wiskins and kolbenfresa like this.
  19. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

hahahah..that's true, I give you that! Especially when you're behind them and witness the wreck... can't stop laughing!! I like the spotter idea. That sounds totally possible and "implementable". I could see a feature like that being used in league/career multiplay.

cunnu79 likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Agree, chatting while racing doesn't feel very realistic either. I understand its a social thing for some though.

Listening to people burping, farting, arguing with their, kids, spouse, dog.... etc really does my f*$£!%g head in. I have voice and chat disabled.

cunnu79 and Digital Aura like this.
  21. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

They look more like "Driving Tips", was looking to make some"Basic Rules", but I like It, I'll Make a new section Thx