1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Ghost cars and fixes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Richy85, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Richy85

Richy85 Rookie

hi there guys,
    First of all, really love the game, hands down.

some issues are really annoying in Mp.

When qualifying people can join till the last second.
    Problem is they didn't drive the track for practice or qualli and just start, think they win the race in corner 1 and total chaos is the result.
    Maybe better close the grid when starttime is less then 3 minutes.

When people go fully of track please turn them into a ghost car, they come back at the track like a blind person and doesnt care about other racers.

Please remove a player in the race/qualli when the car stands still for longer then, Lets say, 15 seconds or turn them into a ghost, people like this arent serious players.

People driving backwards on the track when qualli/race.... Again make them ghost or remove them.

Maybe a little penalty for players who drive fully into someones rear.... Not a little bump or Kiss but really without breaking.

It's a shame to see there so many players who thinks this is just a racegame and lets do stupid things.
    This game is really the perfect opportunity to behave like a descent racer.

Maybe (dont know of its possible) give people tier classes, the better you race the higher your class... Like ranked play in (for example) shooter games .

Keep it up, game physics are really outstanding !

herbsti72 and MBK72 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Blured cars in 100-200 m distance [DLSS/TAA ghosting] Mar 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cars in pits overlapping like ghosts. Feb 28, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cars Ghosting through each other for an entire lap? [Server setting] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Cars ghosting in pit lane Jun 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay v1.0.1 static ghost cars in multiplayer replays Jun 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [Petition] make lapped cars ( including stuck ones ) ghosts / trigger no collision Mar 17, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ghosting or shadow Bug behind cars? Sep 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How can I download other people ghost cars? Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Multiple dashboard display pages and multiple ghost cars idea Oct 15, 2015
    Tracks modding Bundle ghost cars or special events with track? Jun 9, 2015
    Suggestions About ghost cars and ideal lines Mar 15, 2015
    Chit Chat Room ghost cars Feb 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Ghost cars from other cars / same track. Dec 19, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Blurred/Ghosted far distance car textures Dec 3, 2022

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Good to hear you like Assetto Corsa. As for the muppets you meet on track, that is a problem on PC just as much. You just learn to avoid them, as much as possible, or find a good group of racers who are in it for the racing. I know you cannot create your own lobbies yet, but that will come hopefully. I hardly ever start a race from the front, personally I make sure I do not finish a qualifying lap. Start from the back and enjoy racing and not worrying about finishing position, but the race challenges, overtaking, late braking, most of all enjoying a good battle.

4. Richy85

Richy85 Rookie

I know the drill, I try to avoid them offcourse and you cant make a game that things like this will never happen, but with little tweaks like mine suggestions, those problems are way less irritating.

This game is so realistic why not....
    Driving the wrong way for 5 or 10 seconds, BAM.... Kick the player or put the person in pit for 3 minutes. That behaviour will stop pretty soon i guess.

Like i said with some actions make them ghost, if you limit the possibillity to act stupid or punish hard with that behaviour, people really stop actief that way pretty soon.

And yes i know, again, you cant make it completely perfect but you can reduce the problems verry simple.

I really like open lobby's (although i really really look forward to private) because it can be fun to compete with random people and fight for a spot or best time.

5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

All good ideas Richie and lets hope private lobbies do come along. I don't hold out much hope for any other changes because the pc version has been pretty much the same for the last 2 years.