1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GNU/Linux (Steam OS) support?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3316V, Nov 25, 2013.

1. wipers blade will come in DLCs at 29,99 each for added realism.

2. I'll probably just go without then, save weight. Better aero too.

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Actually, the thread was pretty relaxed until you chimed in. ;) Frankly, wonder why you gotta have such a temper. Noone is forcing you to anything, nor did someone insult you, or AC. So, there's really absolutely no point to get that defensive here. Actually, i'm really wondering about it. If you can't be arsed to talk about the subject, why do you start an argument about it?

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Famous last words, anybody? :D

5. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

Nice, and Bielsa coming back to Argentina for be the DT of Newell's again together with Messi in his last years of professional player. :p

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If the probability is X and X is multiplied by any other number is the answer always still going to b X. :D

This is confirmed EA has bought the rights for Assetto Corsa, I remember an EA PC version of tiger woods golf. Its the last one they made a while back, you had to pay for the balls and clubs which would only work for 5-6 rounds. You then also needed to pay to play the course and I think they called it free to play. :rolleyes:

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

FTFY ;)

@chakko: I think it's pretty clear that a (still) small studio like Kunos have to look at what they can put their focus on.
    And that pretty much excludes unrealistic options.

From what Stefano said some other time, the tyre model could handle wet surfaces, but that's just one piece of many.
    If you implement a feature like weather simulation, then do it right and that's where the issues start.
    Take pCars1 as an example. Great optical simulation of driving at rain, but just about everything else sucked.
    rFactor (1? 2? Can't remember) had better physics for it, but the optics were just meh …
    And there we're just talking about the obvious things.

Different grip due to ideal racing line, (dynamic) puddles, proper aquaplaning, … it gets quite complicated when you look at the details.

mms and chakko like this.
  8. chakko

chakko Alien

If i really get banned for something like that, then i really laugh out loud. I didn't insult anyone, i didn't swear at anyone, all i did was annoy Stefano a bit. For whatever reason.

@ Berniyh: Fair enough. See if Stefano decided to explain it like that, takes about 2 minutes, then i don't think there would have been any reason for him to be upset. I really don't know what is so controversial about asking about a feature which wasn't implemented, as we're on the topic already. Man. I know that devs are typically pretty stubborn, and i do get the need to have a concept, and to follow a certain common theme, but, no need to jump to the roof whenver something is suggested, or asked why it isn't implemented.

And here's me hoping that it will be implemented from day one in any future products. Weather is a very important factor in motorracing, and wet tires, or intermediates aren't there for hoarding in the garage. iRacing doesn't have wet races too, and that's a shame too, because IMO it's an important part of a simulation to simulate real conditions. Anyway, to put an end to the bla, AC 1 won't have it, k, understood. Let's move on then. No offense meant to Stefano, or Kunos Simulazioni, so, no need to get defensive, or for any other kind of drama.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I do understand him there. If you've explained something a 1000 times and are asked to explain it for a 1001st time again, then it's very easy to get annoyed (or rather: very hard to not get annoyed).

That is, unless you're a teacher, then it's your job to do that (might still get annoyed of course).
    Stefano is not a teacher though …

Edit: also: 1000 × 2 min means about 30h, so approx. 4 working days, thus maybe one small feature less in AC.

mms likes this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, i have no idea what has been asked a thousand times, and what has not. And i have no idea what is a topic which is unwanted, and which upsets the devs. I'm sorry. I'm just a customer, who bought this game, and help the devs pay their bills. And if i have a question, i don't expect being barked at. Whatever.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well apart from this one being a no-brainer (not the answer but the question ;)) that's why he told you off. ;)

12. chakko

chakko Alien

It's a no-brainer for every sim to have. That's why it still puzzles me that the least sims actually have it. ;)

Anyway, back to topic.

VoodooTRO likes this.
  13. VoodooTRO

VoodooTRO Rookie

I run the game on Linux using wine. There are some problems with textures (from the screenshots you will understand) And drops fps on-screen applications. I have a weak PC. Everything else works without problems. I guess what I'm saying. Maybe we should pay attention to the experience iRacing with Codeweavers iracing and Codemasters with Feralinteractive? in the first case (I mean iracing) can with certainty say that the game has not been rewritten for OpenGL, and practices have been employed Codeweavers. That is to say the same wine.
    We should further discuss this topic. That would be a representation of what we mean. And at the same time share the experience of running Assetto Corsa on Linux
    20170827125156_1.jpg 20170827125213_1.jpg 20170827125259_1.jpg

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thumbs up for AC on Linux systems.

And since this is simracing forum, and we are all into grass and trees,
    thumbs up for cubic trees.:D:)

15. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

Well the writing is on the wall. It's not a question if there's going to be a decent racing sim that will make the small step to a native linux version. It's a question of which one. I'd love it to be A.C. But if it's one of the others, then it's bye bye, for I am simply looking forward to the day I can completely ditch windows.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Are you sure about this being a small step?

17. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

Well, I'm no programmer, but I do see relatively small operations roll out native linux versions of their games. And steam seams to have little trouble, to convert older games to native linux versions when they give classics a face lift.
    The only problem I have become aware of is that there still isn't any decent linux support for Thrustmaster steering wheels. Dirt Rally has good X-box controller support, so I only found out today that my T150 wheel didn't work properly.(I don't always have space to install the wheel.)
    But in all, I seems to me that having a Linux version of a windows game isn't that problematic. I think that having to set up customer support for Linux may hold companies back. On the other hand the linux community tends to have a high percentage of DIY troubleshooting and problem solving members. So providing support should be less work also.

18. leillo1975

leillo1975 Gamer

It's a pity that this fantastic game don't have a Linux version. I have a lot of friends that don't buy it because don't have support. Assetto Corsa could be the first racing simulator to come to Linux PC's. It's pretty raging to have windows 10 installed just to play AC and two more games (Automobilista and rFactor 2)
    There are some good racing Codemasters-Feral games like F1 2017, GRID Autosport or DIRT Rally on linux, but they are more focused on arcade than simulation.
    About Force Feedback, Logitech Wheels works great on Linux. I own a DFGT and a G27 wheels and they works perfect in Linux. I know also that Fanatec wheels works in F1 2017.
    I tried to execute Assetto with Wine, but the performance is bad and there are problems with certain objects in the screen (Although Force Feedback works with Wine.) :

Please, excuse my driving, I'm only trying with Wine
    I hope that Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is being created with UnrealEngine4, has linux support (this graphic engine allows it)

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    3316V, GeraArg and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Sadly it won’t come as Stefano stated before.

leillo1975 likes this.
  20. leillo1975

leillo1975 Gamer

Althought we can use Wine with DXVK. I just to see a new video where graphical problems are solved:

VoodooTRO, LCerdan and GeraArg like this.