1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Go faster. Basic driving techniques at Game&Track YT channel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello guys,

I've just uploaded my first AC tutorial video on my side project Game&Track YT channel.
    This is a basic tutorial, nothing fancy. Everybody that is an alien, or a good driver, go away, nothing to see here, except if you want to add to the discussion.

I would love to do those videos live streaming, but unfortunately this is Italy and I only have 0.8Mbps upload, so I have to do them recorded.
    Still, nothing stops us to discuss and I'm open to your suggestions for the next videos.

Happy watching and remember to subscribe!
    Cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality 2 _ seconds faster Oct 26, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Kyalami | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Paul Ricard | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Nov 4, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza | Track Guide | Tips to be faster May 20, 2021
    ACC Physics Safe setup might be faster than aggressive setup for you Apr 19, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Imola | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Apr 9, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SPA - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Setup Guide - How to be faster - Essential Knowledge Mar 7, 2021

3. pons

pons Simracer

Thats a great idea Aris!
    Can't wait to watch it in the evening.

IgnacioKotas and Aristotelis like this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Lol, 41min. long video and 8 likes after 27 minutes.

You guys should watch and then like, not the other way round :D

I've put it on my watchlist too. Great idea.

fr13del, AC_RAF, Alexandr66 and 3 others like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Just me that are curious to see what kind of treasures that would show up if he went into the car list? ;)

Thanks @Aristotelis, learning how to get faster is always nice.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I actually like that someone who will be watched started this, because in that case you can refer newbies to these tutorials. ;)

So from my side the like is actually for the idea, not the specific video.

7. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

I like the idea a lot. Just watched till the end, and immediately subscribed! Well done Aris. I'll definitely try to have some practice following your very simple, but yet precious tips.
    Looking forward for more :D

Thanks a lot for taking some time for this nice initiative. Good luck to all of you for your new channel!

AC_RAF and Schnipp like this.
  8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Lol, and yet I thought it was a post by me that wouldn't need further discussing. ;)

Of course it's the idea behind it and Aris also knows what he's doing, so I'm sure the likes are justified even without watching it. :)

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Didn't watch yet, but it's a great idea.
    The title says it's about basics, but there's always something to learn, so I'm looking forward to watching it myself.

I hope after the season 1 "basic driving techniques", there will be a season 2 "how to get green - becoming an alien 101". ;)

10. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

That's a great idea. Hopefully the series will extend to teach people a bit of race-craft once they've learnt to go a bit quicker. Being quick is one thing, being quick in traffic is another ;)

Just be ready for the, despite the friendly advice, "experts" jumping in and totally confusing the issue.... it's inevitable :D

Subscribed and liked, despite only watching half of it so far.

11. Aristotelis

Totally agree, it's in the to do list for later

Obviously :D

Thanks everybody for the kind words

gregack and F430_458_F12 like this.
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Just watched the video and subscribed. Very good idea! Thank you Aris! Can't wait for further episodes.
    I would like to see setup-guide for beginners and drifting-guide for beginners...

AC_RAF, liakjim, digitizer and 2 others like this.
  13. esox71

esox71 Alien

Liking the time he's taking out to do such a thing in the first place.:)

Octane, Quffy and Schnipp like this.
  14. Munckmb2

Munckmb2 Gamer

Very nice! Looking forward to the next one!

15. pavano

pavano Simracer

Thanks, Aris, for your time and this nice channel! already subscribed!

16. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Hello Aris, was wondering about maybe a technique to handle certain cars better. A good example is the Aventador SV. For some reason it just will not brake in a straight line at high speeds. I like high speed tracks so often I can go up to 330-350km/h before I brake, but it veers to the left or right pretty strongly, and honestly its caused a few crashes and spin outs, when the car is at that speed and its braking it turns into a squirrel, and if I over correct I can violently lose the rear end and start spinning. The only things I can think of is that it has a big rear weight bias, but another car, the mustang GT, which obviously doesn't have a rear weight bias does it as well. If you take the mustang to top speed and then brake hard, it will veer to the left or right.

Is this an ABS issue? Tires? Its pretty annoying and I don't really know what I can do about it. Doesn't need to be Aris either if you know the answer let me know :D I just wanted to include that, it does this on perfectly flat tracks, with no bumps, such as the drag strip. I know bumps and dips can upset the suspension but it doesn't make much sense to have the car sharply veer like that on perfectly flat road.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  17. can't wait to watch it!! thanks Aris!

18. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Nice tutorial for beginners. Liked & subscribed.

You mentioned not using a delta app that can distract which is great to teach the lines and reference points. Where it can be very usefull is when hopefully in a later video you point out the benefits of having your slowest point in a corner as early as possible with the objective to get on the throttle early as possible since this is one of the biggest errors I see from unexperienced drivers that brake too deep and start accelerating too late.

Another tip I have for beginners and maybe useful as an example in your videos is the placement of the pedal app especially. Even for experienced drivers that use pods for braking instead of pressure censors it's not easy to be consistant and being aware of how much input you give. Therefore I like to place the pedal app close in the line of sight just below my steering wheel so I can have a quick glance at the app when I start to brake in a straight line without having to look away too far and lose focus of where i'm going. I wouldn't advice to focus on it at every braking point but very handy to calibrate your input once in a while, especially with cars that have sensitive brakes like the Ferrari 458 for instance.

[​IMG]

19. Aristotelis

@donShere what you say is indeed useful but I have a different philosophy. Obviously my point of view on this is not absolute and not necessarily something you must agree, on the contrary. So here goes.

I try to drive on the sim, as close as possible as I can in reality. Now in reality, your eyes have to focus back and forth (and luminosity also changes greatly) from the road to your cockpit. So you tend to focus exclusively to the road and just very fast checks on the cockpit. In the sim, your eyes are always focused at the same distance, no matter if you look at the road or the cockpit. So while in the real life you could watch a hypothetical delta instrument, you tend to be more focused in the road if you want to go faster. Yes it's true, you could look at it at the straightlines... but what about if you're racing? You need to always look at the road.

So what do you do? How do you judge if you're faster or slower? You look at reference points! For example, in my first laps, I had to shortshift in 4th before the crest to keep the car stable. Later on and with a better line, I would shift to 4th but because the 3rd gear was already finished, because of a much better exit line and earlier acceleration. Here's your real life delta app ;)
    Taking note where you upshift is a great way to understand if you're gaining or not. Sure a delta app is far more accurate, but can take away your focus.

I often see people driving with tons of apps open. I tend to disagree with such usage. Use as small numbers of apps as possible and learn to drive focusing on the car behaviour and track. Then exit and use telemetry or replay analysis to get better. Don't get me wrong, I know it's just different aspects of the same thing. I just believe that the more "traditional" way gives you better habits for reality.

20. Aristotelis

Strange I never had any issues at all.
    Do this test. Go to a long straight line, get some speed. Press the brake pedal 100% down.
    Do not move your steering wheel! AT ALL! Just keep it straight and look far away. Do NOT look at the side of the road to see if the car squirms.

I suspect you're overreacting to the FFB forces (yes the car is moving around a bit under heavy braking in reality too). Just push your foot down and the EBB (electronic brake balance) will sort itself out.

I hope you're using 900° steering and not any old small angle steering wheels

ShredatorFIN, AC_RAF and baboon like this.
  21. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Brilliant, very interesting. would love to have the basic lines for all the tracks in the replay camera, as some corners are not so straight forward. Thank you @Aristotelis for taking the time to make us better drivers.