1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Going from console (PS4 pro) to pc

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by paul_wev, Apr 18, 2017.

1. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Hi everyone, since playing ac and others, and then after using my psvr (dirt rally)I am finding it difficult to go back to using the Tv for ac. My wife has got me a pc for our anniversary (in June ) and I am very much hoping that I can get back into ac on pc with my psvr HMD. I have heard that I can use trinus to do this? Does anybody else do this? I am very much hoping that this is possible and I would appreciate any help from anybody that would be able to help me in achieving this, because I absolutely love this game and I am desperate to be able to play ac in vr and I am hoping that this will improve my game. Sorry for the long winded question, can I please get any advice on this matter? Many thanks
    Paul

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, PS4 pro, ps vr, gt omega

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues What a sad day for us - ac going console Jun 3, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards "Penalties Served" stat keeps going up Jan 15, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Please prevent going straight on Monza May 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions what is going on with this game, its updates, and its DLC? Jul 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC locks when going into the CONTROLS menu Jun 21, 2022
    ACC Audio Loudness when going under a bridge (too loud) Apr 10, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 992 Cup car exhaust flame going sideways Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TC and ABS inputs not going through. Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Mid-race save file going from 200KB to 1GB+ Dec 9, 2021
    ACC Gameplay parts of replay in slow motion if replay is viewed while race is still going Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezing in MP with FFB going crazy [Log spam matrix NAN values] - Claim fixed on 1.8.4 Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards What is going on with the rating system? Nov 20, 2021
    Screens & Videos Swedish brick going sideways Jul 18, 2021

3. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

You lucky one have fun and let us second rang console players know how Assetto Corsa playes on pc in comparison to ps4 .

paul_wev likes this.
  4. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Personally, I'd sell the PSVR and buy a PC VR setup. The reason is that the PSVR made several compromises to meet the console market price point. Arstechnica has a nice comparison here. It's pretty unbiased, and shows the specs for each:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/10/best-vr-headset-2016-psvr-rift-vive/

Any time you start using a device for an "unsupported" purpose, you increase the potential for issues. PC gaming has enough headaches on its own (driver updates, OS updates, etc). I would aim to simplify wherever possible.

Tomcul and paul_wev like this.
  5. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Thankyou, but I don't think I'll have much chance of getting a vive/rift after the performance I made about needing a psvr HMD , well not yet anyway. But I will look into seeing what the psvr is worth second hand if I run into trouble with it on the pc. I am just hoping that it will work good enough to satisfy me. Fingers crossed eh?

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, PS4 pro, ps vr, gt omega

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    bradleyland likes this.
  6. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Trouble is, I don't know anything about pc's yet, and I'm scared of the great big can of worms I'm going to be opening, by trying to get a good experience from this venture. I hope it is going to be worth the trouble? Because I'm sure there is going to be some.

7. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Haha, yeah. Getting approval from the budgetary committee is always the first step :) I'm currently looking to replace my busted T3PA pedals with a set of Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v3 + CPX Adapter. Which is informative, as I'm violating some of my own advice (keep it simple) lol.

I wouldn't sweat the PC hassle too much. It's mostly about patience. Too many people try to shortcut. Sometimes with a gaming PC, you just need to start from scratch: reinstall the OS and build it up fresh. Other times, it's simpler: you just need to update software and drivers. As long as you have decent components from companies that test their drivers and keep them up-to-date, you'll be fine. It's when you get to digging in the discount bin and have components from a manufacturer who doesn't test, and never updates that you get in to trouble.

LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.
  8. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Well as long as I can get some much appreciated helpful advise from some of you lovely chaps on here , if needed, I am not so scared. I've been on you tube, and seen some convincing clips about trinus and other programs about using psvr on pc, and it seems ok to me? But , what do I know? (Not a lot, that's the problem)

bradleyland likes this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I've a good pal who's specced me up a decent pc that he's building for me out of the parts he sent me out to get from Novatech (£1550 later)

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If the VR thing doesnt work out, PC AC is still worth it for the mods. the multiplayer and the mods. Oh and also the mods.

Tomcul and paul_wev like this.
  11. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I'm not getting much positivity about my quest for vr?

12. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Assetto is much better on pc! Do what ever you have to do to get vr working it really is awesome for sim racing, psvr can be made work so you should have no problem, your pc judging by price should have enough power so you're good to go!!
    You can always upgrade your HMD in the future, I'm already saving for rift cv2 or whatever model comes next!
    If you like the vr experience it's a no brainer to move to pc..

Tberg and paul_wev like this.
  13. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I'm definitely hooked, after drive club then dirt rally vr, now I can't go back to the flat screen. I quite fancy flight sims too after some x wing battlefront experience on psvr

14. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

paul_wev likes this.
  15. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

That's my plan , I'm just hoping my psvr is gonna be enough for now, to get me going

16. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

paul_wev likes this.