1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Great videos that can help with temperatures research

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jadonyx, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

It is era of thermal cameras that available for mortals :). They can help improve sim thermal physics so much.

Video that show thermal of burnout tire. Its interesting that tire goes from 20 to 160+ deg`s in matter of 2 seconds. Brakes heated up to 300+ deg`s.

Interesting video about brake disks heat build up and destruction. Thermal camera also :)

Assetto Corsa heat build up

f1webberfan likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos A thread for great racing videos, so show us all what you like to watch :) Feb 6, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 12 hr charity race for Great Ormond Street Hospital - hosted by RWB International Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Another great news for Quest 2 users, maybe works to Rift too. May 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Great Sim but is there a way to read out telemetry? May 26, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Great to see VirtualR sim racing website back in full swing May 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse controls seem to be working great! Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Great visual of ACC's physics in real time... Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP races are great! Jan 22, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event]Le Mans'66 -The Great Challenge Oct 29, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #142 – The first step to greatness Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions This game is great Jul 22, 2019

3. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Pair of videos from another topic related to tire temps:

Tire surface temps behavior in these videos and in AC seem to be far apart.

Jadonyx likes this.
  4. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Yep its heat up and cool down so fast.

5. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

More about brakes. Temperatures can go from 400 to 850+ only in one hard brake.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

hm, so temperature calculation is wrong? When I saw the video in OP i thought it could be because of the flat ground but looking at the real time surface-video it heats up much quicker than i could even imagine.

7. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I have the SeekThermal for my iPhone and it is great. Use it a lot at work plus at home to spot where the heat escapes in winter.

8. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

That's actually really cool.

9. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Good :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

AC's "surface" is thicker, it's not just the visible outside layer but the whole tread really, and then the core is the rest from steel ply through to the air inside. When people talk about taking shallow or deep thermal probe measurements of a tire that's closer to the layers AC uses.

The actual amount of grip available depends on how soft the whole tire worth of rubber is so it's something more useful for simulation, rather than something close to what you can see on youtube.

Jadonyx likes this.
  11. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Im in a dark, enlighten me :)
    [​IMG]
    So AC shows to me not 1 temperature but some rough say delta between 1 and 2, right?

12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

13. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

You think it is possible to have 160+ deg`s on spot 1 and only 80 of whole compound?

14. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

15. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

last week on a server i did some burnouts non stop (just waiting for Qualifying to be over) barely got to 140c after like 5 minutes. thought it was something to do with the server.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Depends on the car. Some cars and tyres you can easily get to +300°C on others it's very hard to get in that range (have to heat them up until grip goes really low and then go into 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th gear.

Especially fun in the group B Quattro. @Schnipp already posted an interesting video that showed the car doing fast donuts.
    However if you run down the tyres by doing them for some time you can go up to fifth gear and in that case the car spins faster than you could imagine.
    Didn't measure it, but should be something in the range of 4-5 rotations per second.

17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Why not? Rubber is a very poor heat conductor.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk