1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT Sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Warlock, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, I'm going to say no to the ghost car thing as well, it would remove soo much racing strategy. I mean why would I want to take a different line in to a corner, defensive or offensive if I know I can just go through the guy in front or they can go through me. Defending becomes irrelevant

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

What is it in GT that makes you keep on going and going, and makes you come back to it time and again, and you just cannot stop? They have some hidden ingredient which turns our neural chemistry into that of an addict, I'm sure. I can only say it best in German: its a "gefällig" thing (pleasing, complaisant, agreeable).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DaveS78 likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It would be good to have the choice. With ghosting you could race against other drivers for interest but not interact with them. That way if you’re concerned about not being fast enough or a lack of spatial awareness you could go online but without being a mobile chicane for better drivers.

I’m assuming they wouldn’t be able to see you but you’d be able to see them but not collide with them.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Having unlocked the Nordschleife now in SP, I must say the night drive through that kind of illuminated scenery and those blinding effects in the mirrors from the headlights of the car behind you , is one hell of a ride! Visually, this is from another star. I will never again say that simulation functionality unconditionally trumps visuality. GTS shows that this is not that exclusively true. I also think that after this show act, future race simulator cannot ignore the looks too much any longer. You just cannot ignore it.

Rearlights are sexy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally a racing game that shows why Mount Panorama actually is called Mount Panorama:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heck, I have not touched neither Assetto Corsa nor Raceroom since the GT beta was out. I really did not see this coming. I did not even knew for sure if I really wanted to try the demo/beta...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Quffy and Si. like this.
  5. dad marley

dad marley Rookie

Very very good asses shots, I mean car asses, I mean cars... The GT series is alone in the expression of Zen where it shouldn't be expressible, the cold and lifeless mechanical contraptions, whose physical existence digitized away. The usual sims are all finely technical and grounded in reality, but GT is different. GT transcends, even if just a glimpse for an instant.

I'm gonna fall for it when they make a proper car-collecting GT7. I'm gonna fall for it hard lol. Dat asses...

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ignoring something is an active process.... I don’t have time for that in a racing sim...
    Best example is AMS, truely immersive and challenging. No need for shiny shiny, bling bling for me. But you seem to look at replays or play with photo mode more often than driving...
    Tested GT yesterday at my nephewsˋ, and meh... it drives like ****. Unbearable for me. I can’t even start to think why you are supporting this silly waste of time that strongly.

Andrew_WOT and LeDude83 like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't take offense mate. I do understand your irritation though as I also have zero understanding for Skybird's POV. He writes that graphics can be as important as driving feel in a driving game. I say: no. Not in a thousand years and no need to discuss - just no.

But this kind of post gives you an idea on how to look at future posts of that member. It's been obvious that Skybird's first priority isn't exactly driving feel and physics from the Raceroom thread. The above post makes it even clearer.

No hating here, BTW. Each to their own and it's great if people are happy...with whatever game :)

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

At least I guess R3E pimping is over for now. Phew. :)
    GT is not even PC game, wrong section.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No worries, I don’t take offense that easily.
    Just an exchange of opinion.
    :)

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why keep posting here then? I mean any games forums of games I have no interest in I dont bother to post in. I wonder why people come to another games forum to simply discuss other games they play especially once they havent played it for a considerably long time.

Gran Turismo Sport closed beta starts next week

Random PSN users will be contacted
    Mar 9, 2017, 12:27pm EST

So that means you haven't touched AC since mid March yet continue to post here regularly about your new love. :rolleyes:

11. Public beta was out recently.

12. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Bonkers car is bonkers...

Karri Keskinen likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

No no hating, of course no hating, how could one imagine that. Thats why you make it a personal thing, limit me to one exclusive argument/statement and warn the world of what to expect in the future from "that member". Dreht euch nicht um, der Skybird geht um!

FYI, I have over 900 hours in AC, three times as much as in Raceroom. Its my by far most driven driving game of all times. I just have spend almost 900 coins just on improved input hardware for it. I plan to get VR just for it. Be warned, innocent world: Skybird is going for it all! He means business, take care!

I play GT with a gamepad in motion control mode, this alone already is antagonistic to describe it as a simulator. I have no idea how it behaves with a wheel, nor will I start construction works in my living room just to re-arrange all that PC- and TV-bound hardware.

Still, GT is stunning, and I think it is unwise for developers to ignore in the future what it is, then. It is the stylish, general package, the presentation. The visual arts style of the menus, and music background.Its elegant. Its slick. Its cool, it all is in harmony with every other item of the package. It sucks you in, you become part of it. It continues in the superior car exterior graphics and the visual style of the environment, the skyboxes, the lights. It climaxes in the art it practices when it comes to "driving". You do it, and become happy. Its jun, enjoyable, immersive. It may not be technically realistic in every detail, but that it must not even be to nevertheless deliver a very pleasant experience. I would have never imagined before that with a gamepad used in motion control mode a car can be steered and handled as naturally and smooth, as it is the case here. They have set the benchmark on this detail, I think. From now on I will measure all other gamepad control tunings versus the one in GT. (I have set its sensitivity to minimum for this control method).

What I mean, is this. If there will be other racing simulators in the future, and there will be!, then I think the often heard argument that functionality unconditionally trumps visuals, has lost in total rule and validity. Obviously it is possible to have a game with less functionality realism that nevertheless is fascinating and at the same time appealing, sufficiently satisfying to the realism hardcore fan as well. It then would be unwise, so my further reasoning, to somewhat ignore or limit the care and development time invested into the visual appearance, or focussing just one one element of the visual appearance - you need to traget for the splendid appearance of the whole package instead, else you trail behind already when getting out of your starting block.

In this, I think Gran Turismo Sports has set a very high standard to which other titles in the future will need to compare.

Finally, there is no such thing as "the" one realistic physics model. You only have differently complex physics models, allowing differing degrees of subtelty in what they simulate and privde in feedback tot he player, but you always have to give some and then can take some. AC's physics are very convincning, and thus immersive who seek s suibtle feedback of complexity in the dynamic physics run in the background. Raceroom's physics feel differently, but are as immersive and enjoyable, if accepting another approach on them. Gran Turismos physics, or driving behavior, again are immersive, and enjoyable, but again being very diffent.

Just the AI, do not expect it to fight and dynamically react to you in GT. It keeps the cars rolling, but boosts or brakes the cars according to the player'S performing, and make sure thyt you have a good chance to not get the lead car before close to the end of the race. The focus is to feed the player the AI cars in a line long enough that you do not run out of mjam-mjam until close to the end of the race. Here, the arcade nature of GT is more evident than anywhere else. And you know what? It works! Its okay. I do not complain, because, again: the recipe works.

The superb camera tools, that in principle are simulators in themselves, are a plaasure in themselves to play around with. I sometimes pan arond with the same kind of "eye" that I had when still doing photography actively as a hobby.But even if oyu do not spend much time for screenshooting, the software makes it easy to deliver to you very nice results in the time between two breaths only. Understanding the effects of varying exposure times and aperture, focus and camera panning mode, helps, however.

Somebody mentioned the lack of the collector's character of earlier GTs. I read somewhere, that maybe they will bring more cars to the existing spme 150, and plan to push the number in the end to around 700. Whether there will be more tracks as well, I recall no official info on. Personally, I am not waiting for more cars, but a few more tracks would be nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So, after that thin skinned replay, I found a way to fix the problem. The way he obviously did a while ago...
    ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Same...that was way too much drama for my taste. Even kind of spooky :confused:

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. plaid

plaid Alien

I like this:

Never saw something so close to Wipeout. :D

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

To me, the cars in the range from N300 - N600 work best. GT3, Group 4 and 3 work as well, but already are a bit too hectic for my taste. These Prototype X cars as in the video above, are idiotic and a waste.

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Thats a bummer: Yamauchi says they need 6 months to do one car:
    https://www.finder.com.au/gran-turismo-sport-preview

One can argue whether or not these amounts of visual details make sense for a game dealing with high speed interaction. What cannot be argued is the breathtaking beauty in GT's car models. Their visual perfection does not just fall from the sky, but is result of a certain, perfectionist working attitude. My personal fetish are their rear lights, did I already say that? :D In this, it has stolen the crown from AC, which imo had the most realistically looking car exteriors before.

The interiors are also damn well made, but I like Ac better, for the instruments have more interaction and functionality, whereas in GT the instruments, especially digital ones, often look artificial, simplified, cartoonish a bit. My reference comparison would be the driver's view in the BMW M4 in both games. Compare, and you see what I mean. The cockpits in AC almost breath, compared to the ones on GT.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

I wonder if he meant a total of 6 months in man hours. Half a year in real time? Hmmmmm or perhaps something was lost in the Japanese to English translation.

Interesting.

20. Orne

Orne Alien

Otherwise it would take over 50 years to create 150 cars.. ha!o_O